It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE (Linda McMahon is a Rep) creates Racist Character

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Jack Swagger baby. If you listen to Alex Jones he says it's a direct attack on the Tea Party. I don't know about all that. But finally Jack Swagger has an interesting character, lol. Funny, thing, is when he makes his racist (or his manager) rants about borders needing to be closed, and people being different, and we should go back to the constitution, the crowds down south cheer a bit.

But AJ has a point. This guy is an evil TeaParter'er in away. He is making people who love the constitution, and are anti illegal-immigration look like bad people. It's a statement. The WWE is famous for being racist (never black champion in wwe history) and now I guess we will learn where the really stand when the mexican and the tea party guy face off at Wrestlemania.

They even went as far to mention that This guy gets fan mail from Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Alex Jones. LOL. It's awesome.

So what's the conspiracy?

Is the WWE using it's program to get Linda Mcmahon favor in the republican party before the next senate election and making lovers of the constitution branded as evil?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Just more social engineering.

They'll probably make him a gun owner as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Except for her money, she doesn't offer the Rep party anything.

She tried to buy two elections and failed. Nuff' said.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Vaedur

Just more social engineering.

They'll probably make him a gun owner as well.

Absolutely. That's gonna be soon I bet.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It seems to have backfired on them now, he just lost his slot at wrestlemania due to a DUI in real life.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Already a thread around this.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The WWE is doing what every professional wrestling organization has done in the past 30 years which is use current events to tells stories that generate heat with their fanbase.

Their have been so many different characters played by various wrestlers , some by the same person, over the past years that have been borderline if not outright insulting to some social\political\ethnic group.

More importantly..ITS FAKE.. Its no different then a soap opera so would you be making the same thread if a soap opera had a character like this ? Who knows but because it is well know that Linda McMahon is a republican people will jump on that.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Do you not know wrestling? They have the most "racist" caricatures of anything I've ever seen.

It's a show, get over it.....racist hillbillys aren't victims. (You connected the Tea Party with the wrestler, so you must agree they are racist hillbillys.)

edit on 21-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Remember JBL's fued with Eddie?
They would show him at "the border" kicking mexicans back over the border, hell he even did the nazi salute at a house show in Germany.
It's for heat, nothing else.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sounds too familiar.

Does anybody remember Archie Bunker?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If Obama is considered the first black president,

The Rock can be considered a black champion

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's a pretty obvious attempt to apply the Democrat media's narrative on the tea party. I bet they make another character based on OWS and of course he will be a "good guy", because that's how the media framed them.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well Jack Swag got popped for DUI this past Monday. Under the influence of good ole Mary Jane.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

WWE (Linda McMahon is a Rep)

i thought you meant Linda McMahon was a reptillian, or under their control.

now that makes sense to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not sure why this is a big deal.

I watched wrestling as a kid in the 80s and early 90s. They did the same thing back then. Took current events, amplified the characters to an almost absurd level and watched the fan reaction bring them millions in ticket sales.

So what?

Does no one remember those characters from the 80s? The Iron Sheik (evil Iranian, timely for end of Carter beginning of Reagan), Nikolai Volkoff (Soviet Villain pre-Soviet Collapse), Hulk Hogan (all American Superman who overcame the villains).

It wasn't only enemies either... I remember characters from France and Quebec who were shown as snooty anti-American bad guys, an Australian with a Crocodile Dundee getup, the occasional tea drinking Brit proclaiming superiority to Americans, and even ridiculous American characters like Hillbilly Jim and the cartoonish patriot Jim Duggan.

WWE (or WWF when I watched) was always about entertaining people. They would make good guys so lovable you'd want to stand in line for their autograph, and they'd make bad guys you hated so much that you would pay good money to see the good guys kick their asses. That was the point. If you want to make a character people love/hate you have to make them relatable to the audience otherwise they're not going to be interested.

This character doesn't sound like anything new to me at all and considering that the tactics to generate a fan base have been in use for at least 30 years that I personally know of I think it is quite irresponsible to chalk this up to someone's political aspirations. If it just started this year... fine. This is standard operating procedure for this entertainment studio and its TV shows and characters.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Reminds me of Muhammad Ali very early on in his career when he was asked why he seemed to go out of his way to be disliked.

"If everybody likes me, nobody's going to pay to see me get beat up."

He also said, "If you ever dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I guess i have had on and off periods, but this is the first time i see them having and American character so blatantly racist, but i missed the jbl vs eddie feud, so uh, I guess i missed that.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This is the third or fourth thread on the subject...why exactly do people care? This is asinine. professional wrestlers are live action cartoon characters.

Do people get upset at the way Yosemite Sam portrays southwesterners?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Guess what people what does wrestling and politics both have in common?

They are both make believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

"Illegal immigrants" is such a poor choice of words. We all know they are in fact "undocumented Democrat voters", so lets hurry up and give them amnesty already.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
problem is:
expecting a functioning democratic republic from a population half of which believes wrestling is real

...I hear a drone a comin...comin down the track...I ain't seen the sun shine since that drone attack...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join