It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Energy Nuclear Reactions, the Realism and the Outlook.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well it seems that NASA is working in bringing safe nuclear fusion to a neighborhood near you..

"What Zawodny and other researchers are working on is called Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions or Lattice Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). In the late 1980s, it went by the name of “cold fusion.” Its proponents were light on theory and not very rigorous in experimenting. They thought that nuclear energy was being released by a chemical reaction, but this theory ended up being discredited. Today, not only the name has changed, but also the theory and the approach of the researchers."

futureinnovation.larc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes, I've been following this closely since watching the related video below over a year ago.

Very promising tech indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuniorsan
Well it seems that NASA is working in bringing safe nuclear fusion to a neighborhood near you..
You apparently didn't read your own article. It says that cold fusion is not possible, and the people claiming it was impossible have been right the whole time.

The Strong Force Particle physicists have evidently been correct all along. "Cold Fusion" is not possible.

Also, I don't understand why the Navy would stop their research project on the subject after 23 years if they were finally starting to get close. It doesn't make any sense:

blog.newenergytimes.com...

After 23 years, researchers at the Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center in San Diego, Calif., have been ordered to stop their low-energy nuclear reaction research.

In any case, it's nice to see NASA looking at it which should give more credibility to any research than some guy with a dubious history, like Rossi.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I read the article, and what I was trying to imply with the title is the fact that NASA was working with nuclear energy for future endeavors... My mistake if the title was to ambiguous...

edit on 22-2-2013 by yuniorsan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuniorsan
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I read the article, and what I was trying to imply with the title is the fact that NASA was working with nuclear energy for future endeavors... My mistake if the title was to ambiguous...
I didn't say anything about the title. The text I quoted from your opening post said "safe nuclear fusion". My point is that statement of yours contradicts the article, since the article confirms the impossibility fusion being behind the referenced experiments. If something is happening, it's not fusion, according to the article. Get it?

join