It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Talking about this CORRUPT US dictatorship..... Whats the first step to TAKE IT BACK?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Perhaps we need to bring to light any Senator or Congressman, or even President that votes in favour of, or even introduces a bill that flies in the face of the US Constitution. This includes starting agencies like Homeland Security or others that infringe on the rights of citizens. Yes HS is unconstitutional. Frankly unless it is mentioned in the Constitution, it is not constitutional.

Nope, it doesn't fly in the face of the constitution at all. Its in there, otherwise known as treaty law. The US started out with a treaty (see above). Ya know, the SUPREME law of the land. Have you ever read the Treaty of Paris or any of those written between that "opening bell" and the UN peace treaty, a gazillion trade treaties and all of their amendments?

Why do you think they put the supremacy of treaties in there?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In order for things to change in the United States, in my opinion, there will have to be mass civil disobedience or citizen's court trials of government officials charged with crimes of various sorts.

Civil disobedience is difficult to organize on a mass scale without a unifying issue around which people in large numbers will agree to rally. The civil rights movement and anti-war movement are examples of such rallying points.

Unfortunately American wars are now fought by employees, not draftees. Civil disobedience is not an option with respect to war, but labor union initiatives might be a significant way of mobilizing the armed forces against unjust wars.

What is easiest to do in the United States is to gather a highly qualified group to investigate crimes, lay charges and conduct trials with respect to various sorts of high crimes that have led the United States to its current state.

If the right cases were conducted, the right personalities were involved and the conduct of trials was seen to be of the highest standard, conditions might be created which could then lead to civil disobedience and pressure on the US government to correct its course in order to adhere to constitutional standards and long established practices in existence prior to 9/11.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

DEMAND. Not ask. DEMAND.

Term Limits
Transparency
Campaign Reform
All Lobbying must be done in an open forum.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
There is really only one, real and logical way. Every state seceding would do it. Each state would pull away from the government, form militias and refuse any federal government intervention. Once each and every state has done so, the federal government would be choked of funding and die. Yeah...unlikely, but in my opinion, the only way possible.

I don't see that as workable.

When the dole money (welfare, food stamps, obamacare) stopped, the super-domes in every state would fill, the streets would be filled with fat useless eaters dragging 11 children around with them, sniveling, burning, looting, and crying they want their dole back.

I cant see it working.

I think your chance was lost at OCCUPY time, think what could of been.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

What is easiest to do in the United States is to gather a highly qualified group to investigate crimes, lay charges and conduct trials with respect to various sorts of high crimes that have led the United States to its current state.

What a long list that would be. We could maybe start with in absentia trials of people like John Adams who passed the Sedition Act, which was ultimately shot down as unconstitutional, however he never faced trial or punishment or even impeachment for that unconstitutional act despite the fact that several editors were deprived of their liberty (jailed) and their news paper operations were destroyed as a result.

Then maybe we could find a stand-in for Lincoln who suspended the writ of habeas corpus and effectively declared martial law. Of course he paid with his life, but not for unconstitutional acts but because of his declaration to continue circulating non debt based green backs after the war which put the central bankers in a murderous tizzzzzzy.

Just trying the dead guys would keep a citizen's jury hopping!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by thesmokingman

Get people and by that it means atleast half of country to demand the corrupt to resign. Also remember to vote for right candidate next time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Enough Talking about this CORRUPT US dictatorship..... Whats the first step to TAKE IT BACK?!

I don't think there will be a revolution. With all the pi$$edoff ATS members thinking it's a viable solution; I haven't seen one member say "follow me, I have a plan"

How long are we expected to wait for leaders?
edit on 22-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hatemonger

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Term Limits! Repeal 'Citizens United'. Start with those two items.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've read two disagreements with my post suggesting secession of the states. I understand the arguments but haven't heard a more viable offer...other than civil war...which to me is a final option. We must retake the federal government and/or take them out of power. We can not do it individually...it will have to be a series of groups. Sure...it can be something like the "occupy" group, but the larger the better. And what is larger or better than the states which employ police, have structures and processes in place to maintain themselves and their people. Neither you nor I can fight the federal government as individuals...but we can win at the county and then state level. Then...with THAT power backing us up...we move against the government. I would love to hear other suggestions that are doable.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

The only way is to take the corrupt federal government down from the bottom up. The media outlets will ensure that any challenge to the fed, especially the presidency, will be cast into the realm of the "whack-job" conspiracy theorists and handily quashed. As an example, one only has to look at how the media has labeled the "birthers"... IF they (TPTB) would openly disclose Obama/Barry Sotero's birth documents (not an obvious fake) the whole issue would disappear... it hasn't. If I have learned anything at all, it is the old adage "where there is smoke, there is fire"...

The reason that conspiracy theories continue to gain merit is painfully obvious... and trying to get honest information from our government is like trying to talk rationally with a two year old. What parent hasn't found their "terrible two" toddler standing in the middle of a giant mess, only to hear "I don't know" or "it wasn't me"... teach that kid big words like "Benghazi" or "Afghanistan" and you have a ready made politician.

The key to the whole mess lies on the shoulder's of your home county's sheriff... which is why so many county sheriffs across the U.S. have publicly stated that they WILL NOT allow federal agents into their counties to upend our 2nd Amendment rights... and the sheriff doesn't have to stop there.

Sheriff Richard Mack (retired, Graham county, AZ) took on TPTB in the 90s over provisions in the Brady Bill... and won the argument in the SCOTUS... beyond that, the SCOTUS in Printz/Mack vs. United States also re-established that the county sheriff, as an elected official, has jurisdiction over ANY federal agency or agents within their home county.

Talk to your local sheriff... let him/her know, in no uncertain terms, that if they value their employment they had better serve the will of their constituents... press your state delegates for nullification of unconstitutional federal laws and agencies... remind your state governor that they have control of your state Air/Army guard units... it takes a lot less to recall/impeach/fire/imprison corrupt politicians at the local level than at the federal level; it also sends Washington a very clear, vocal message that Americans have simply had enough...

I have read many a thread asking whether or not the US military will fire on its own citizens... although I cannot speak for military members of each branch, as a retired SNCO in the USAF I can say I just don't see it happening. As a professional Airman and SNCO for more than 20 years, I can tell you that most Airmen take their oath of enlistment/ commission very seriously and are very aware that their oath and patriotism lies with the Constitution, NOT the government... if you know someone that is in the military ask them about that oath; if need be, remind them! If you live near a military installation, call the public affairs office! Every installation has one... burn up their phone lines! Remind them that they work for the people, NOT the government...

As for the media... hit them in their wallets. Your local news affiliate towing the party line? Boycott their sponsors. Business owner? Pull your ads. The media NEEDS advertisement dollars to survive... yes, even the big networks need those dollars... so deny them. Get a million or so phone calls from the public, and even Coca-Cola will pull their ads.

What I hate to hear, is that it can't be done. Bull$@#t. No one thought that our forefathers could face down the best trained, best equipped standing army in the world at that time... but they did. Nothing is impossible. Imagine the outcome if, say, 20,000 of us grab our evil, sinister assault rifles and march on the front gate of Area 51... I'm pretty sure we'd get in...

The last thing the government wants is an armed conflict on U.S. soil. Too difficult to cover up or spin the media. Wanna know why the government started to back off of gun control recently? American citizens openly dared them to go ahead try it. New York, the bastion of liberalism that it is, passed very draconian gun controls recently. The push back by the citizenry has been in full force, and most NY sheriffs have said "ummm... yeah, not gonna happen".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by Freeborn

Could you provide me examples and / or evidence of this 'corrupt disctatorship'.

I just authored the thread "Was Ron Paul Cheated?". That should answer your question as to whether or not there is corruption in our electoral process.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Push comes to shove and, if You do not shove back... You're going to get punched in the nose! That's reality.
(if You've never been in a real fight, please do not try and tell me different.)
I feel that We are being shoved right now but, We are not shoving back (at least not hard enough). I also think that We need to get ready to duck and counter. When You counter a punch, You make damn sure all Your weight is behind it... so as to end any further attempts from Your opponent giving You a nose job.
We should be ready to metaphorically duck and counter and, counter HARD.
For right now, believe it or not - the greater power at this time lies with the People (like most of Those here that visit this forum) Whom have this feeling that things should be better with Our government... and the greater power always has been Ours. The government is Ours, We are not the governments. Why not say it out loud;
"The government is MINE, I am not the governments!"
"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
The Constitution has always been the first step.
Punishments to the fact accordingly,must pursued.
I trust that We will weed the boogers out of Our government, even if We tend to duck a little late!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As long as money is involved, curruption will always be apart of life. The only thing we can do accept it and move on with our lives and try to build our own bloodlines. Me personally I told myself the only thing I can take to the the grave is my last name Soliz. And I will do everything in my power to provide my future kids with as much money as much knowledge as possible so they won't have to worry about their next meal or being thea dummy. Take the rockerfellers and the bushs no matter what we say about them their ancestry runs deep and not because of curruption but because someone got smart and planted that seed that provided their ffor their families. Don't get me wrong I can't stand those bloodlines but I do understand hardwork and why its easy for them to get by.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well, be sure to stand out of the way when these things that you dont see
happening start.

Like it or not, for it or against it, civil war is coming, Stop by these Militia sites
and read the boards, they are organizing and they are mad.

It will kick off, no mater of we like the idea or not. It is just a matter of time,
and probably not to much of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by olaru12

Well, be sure to stand out of the way when these things that you dont see
happening start.

Like it or not, for it or against it, civil war is coming, Stop by these Militia sites
and read the boards, they are organizing and they are mad.

It will kick off, no mater of we like the idea or not. It is just a matter of time,
and probably not to much of that.

Agreed. If the militias don't start it we'll be false flagged into believing they did.

I dislike the term civil war on principle, though, as that implies people fighting their relatives, neighbors and friends rather than against TPTB. And although internal fighting could well become a part of overall violence at some point in time, any such uprising almost certainly wouldn't be called revolution, at least by MSM as that would imply too much justification for the participant's (they'll be called terrorists) actions even though revolution is what it would actually be.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSXplr

The Constitution has always been the first step.

I starred your post despite the fact that the Constitution has, to date, been a dismal failure in protecting anything remotely resembling liberty. I know people tend to get bent when someone says that, but the facts don't lie.

And we were warned.
www.wepin.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

sometimes you have to talk about the problem to get to the root of the problem to properly fix the problem.

Patience, my friend

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

The power of the Constitution is the only reason that we still have what rights we have... and the ONLY reason our government hasn't completely taken over our lives is the 2nd amendment... as long as the people have the right to bear arms, the people will retain the ultimate power over the government...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
reply to post by frazzle

The power of the Constitution is the only reason that we still have what rights we have... and the ONLY reason our government hasn't completely taken over our lives is the 2nd amendment... as long as the people have the right to bear arms, the people will retain the ultimate power over the government...

That's part of the Bill of Rights, which the constitution has been used to whittle away at little by little over the past 200 years (mostly through the commerce clause and the general welfare clause).

So yes, the second amendment is all that has stopped them from outright tyranny, so far. There are already something like 20,000 gun control laws on the books, but with the new "UN Small Arms Treaty" coming right around the bend, which our prez says he'll sign (if he hasn't already) they will need to squash the 2nd once and for all. I think the treaty gives a moratorium of six years to get all the guns out of American's hands. Then its Katy bar the door. Do you want to wait that long to start worrying?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join