It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants your brains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ok, the title is attention grabbing LOL. But when I heard about this study that Obama is now championing, it set off some alarms for me.

Obama seeks to map human brain

I'm thinking this could be the tool used to identify "enemies" who think outside of what the future government wants you to think. Similar to "Minority Report" except you are a "conservative" or "Christian" or "gun owner" or "freedom fighter"... whatever it is they deem a threat to the NWO.

I'm not a huge thread starter here and generally pop in and out and I know this is quick and vague, hopefully a discussion can begin on the pros or cons of this. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why cant he just try to be a great leader?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Why cant he just try to be a great leader?

Because he is a tyrant, who wants absolute control.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At the rate of our scientific advancement and shared freely with the rest of the world, it is better USA which is country ruled by law and bounded by moral and ethical guidelines , in a nation where the masses are free to speak up, THAN to have such breakthroughs and knowledge being made by dictatorships and tyrants whom will most definately use it to their own advantages and not the masses.

Such knowledge will either elevate mankind or enslave mankind, depending on whom uses it.

Would your prefer the CCP govt of China, or Emperor Putin, or the persian apostate leader Khameni to make those breakthroughs?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 2XOHsurf

I think Obama hijacked the brains of too many people in America already.

There must be something bad in that Kool Aid everyone is drinking!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Of course... it will only be used to cure Alzheimer's and Parkinson's LOL.

Don't resist... it's BLISSSSS

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I sincerly doubt if President Obama would be around when the breakthroughs are made. He left only less than 4 years at the helm. Such knowledge will not arrive over night, and will take longer than the current term the president finishes.

However, the CCP govt, Emperor Putin and the persian apostate leader Khameni would still be around. Such tyrants and their brand of unchecked dictatorial idealogy have no term limits and are a danger to humanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm all for the mapping of the human brain and am glad it's being given attention. A fully working model of the brain is pretty much the Holy Grail of neuroscience and is pretty much the next great breakthrough in science. It's one of the big things that must be achieved before we can even hope to see hard AI.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I sincerly doubt if President Obama would be around when the breakthroughs are made. He left only less than 4 years at the helm.

I hope you’re right.

This part of the article is interesting…seems they want to set up brain observatories.

They also said that a series of national brain “observatories” should be created as part of the project, like astronomical observatories.
OP's Link

Maybe Obama will become one of their long term research subjects. I’d certainly like to know what’s going on inside that melon of his.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Obama actually wants to map the brain? Hmmm... I didn't know he was a scientist, too! Oh, wait! It IS scientists who are doing it! Not Obama.

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
Ok, the title is attention grabbing

Yeah... Like we don't have enough sensationalistic and misleading titles on this forum...

I'm thinking this could be the tool used to identify "enemies" who think outside of what the future government wants you to think.

Yeah! Or maybe it's to help people like me, who have seizures, or people like my mother-in-law, who has Alzheimer's... In fact...

Scientist Proposes Brain-Mapping Project

Today, our scientists are mapping the human brain to unlock the answers to Alzheimer's.

Oh, but I'm sure there's some conspiracy around identifying and killing all the conservatives!
:shk:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Not only the President, but everyone should have their brains mapped once the science and tech is avaliable, so that each may know their strengths and weakness, as well as limitations, and learn to either overcome them by greater consciousness or technological/science enhancements to be an enlightened individual and medically/mentally fit fellow human.

However, much will be discovered, and that's when moral and ethics guideline will have to come in to play, to ensure all mankind are protected from abuses if such knowledge falls upon the wrong hands.

Like all science, I doubt if we will be able to FULLY comprehend the workings of the mind, even though we may map the mind one day and find each and every neural path not only in the mind, but in the entire body as well. Thus we must not accept those findings as absolute truths until we advance further in COMPREHENSION and honeslty evaluated data, not just mapping.

For example, even today, we discover brain scans can show who has a criminal mind and who doesn't. Should we then ethically use such scans as evidence in a court of law to convict an arrested felon?

Point is, how conclusive can such evidence be? Mapping will further help, but it will be comprehension and conclusive data that only can be conclusive. Today, we are still far from it.

Thus, we must be careful with such partial knowledge, and do not misuse it the way we mankind did with nuclear energy and any other tech/science that had been sadly and detrimentally wrought havoc on humanity in the past century. We cannot afford to behave like kids with new toys, play it without understanding its use and functions as well as its long term effect upon civilised societies.

edit on 21-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
deleted my comment because an above poster pretty much summed it up

edit on 21-2-2013 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah! Or maybe it's to help people like me, who have seizures, or people like my mother-in-law, who has Alzheimer's... In fact...

Sure, but if misused it could also serve nefarious ends (Hello MK Ultra).

Couple this with eugenics and population control programs that we KNOW are being explored by TPTB and it looks a little more ominous.

BUT HEY…This worry is only for people who are paying attention to more than their owns wants, needs and desires!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Not to mention he wears mom jeans and throws like a girl.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It is not enough that the White House had attempted to push for advancement of science with regards to a human's brain.

Equally, there must be advancement in the moral and ethical guidelines, to form a set of rules whereby the scientific and medical industry should abide in. Greater broadbased discussion is necessary in this area. No point we advance scientifically, but morally and ethically, we leave many society behind.

Perhaps graduates of science, engineering and technology around the world should have a code of honor akin to medicine's Hippocratic Oath, to ensure they know their roles and responsibilities. For example:-

1. The FIRST responsibility of any successful and conclusive tests or research MUST be to SOCIETY, and NOT to professors, funders or govt and will be held accountable.

The purpose is so that they will SHARE their results FIRST with mankind openly and transparently, to discuss and debate on the moral and ethical aspects of the issue, to help societies formulate better policies for long term planning within societies.

No human alone is a genius who can see far and wide.

I am sure Oppenheimer, Einstein and the rest of the Manhattan Project team in the 40s did not envision the world we live in today, racked by fear of both peaceful and lethal use of nuclear energy. They probably thought that such powerful weapon would be enough as a threat to others to end the war, and it would be safe for daily use.

But it didnt happen, and were probably shocked to the core by the thousands who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki

They thought wrong and did not fully COMPREHEND both its type of use, progression and human nature.

I doubt if many of graduates would bother, but they are our young and it must start somewhere. Some doctors who took the Hippocratic oath were found to be craven and self serving, but many many more doctors had won mankind's respect by their sworned oath. May those graduates respect their fellow professionals in the medical field and do the same, in the name of prgress and evolution for mankind.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Obama wants your brains

Nope, he can't have my guns or my brains. Not my fault that he doesn't know how to use either.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So this is supposed to start in 2014 and he is giving $100 million dollars to fund it. WHY! For what underlying reason is he so interested in this? I mean i understand $100 mill would not touch our deficit but it could be used for better things. Like no Furloughs!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
So this is supposed to start in 2014 and he is giving $100 million dollars to fund it. WHY! For what underlying reason is he so interested in this? I mean i understand $100 mill would not touch our deficit but it could be used for better things. Like no Furloughs!

www.bbc.co.uk...

There does not have to be an underlying reason for it.

Neuroscience is a field that can be studied a lot right now due to technological advances. If there was a reason for it, it is probably the fact that he wants Americans do make a breakthrough not some country. Also scientific contributions are good for overall image and when a breakthrough would come, guess who was also given glory for it? The person who decided to fund it, Obama.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm going to start going dotty in the next 25yrs or so as dottiness runs in my family the woman anyway
so i hope they come up with something good before that and send it over to Ulster quickly lol

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What has not been told is that the rates of Alzheimers is on the rise. And it is only going to get worse, as the baby boomers start to age and get affected with this. The human brain has never been the subject of testing, and it needs to be tested and figured out right away, if they are going to have any chance of curing Alheimers disease or even coming up with new treatments for such.

if anything thing that can give hope and a new treatment, hopefully this will be something that is good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join