It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hornsleth Deep Storage Project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Perhaps the government is just taking your DNA/blood to build up a database.
I know that blood types and all that are generic and not conclusive (contrary to common belief in courts)... But what if that's just what they told us and there is a way to match it precisely?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Storing our DNA at this point is a really good idea. With so many GMO's, vaccines and gene therapy we may need it someday to reconstruct our species after we ruin it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Imagine finding something like that beneath the ice, in the sea... on a certain 'uninhabited' moon/planet...

Would make a great scifi movie!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't think this sculpture could survive the pressure. Normally, to get down to the bottom of the trench, you usually use a titanium bathysphere with active pumps that are going to provide enough pressure on the inside to keep water from leeching through the hull and filling the inner area as well as allowing the sphere to be crushed.

This sculpture, while it has a much smaller internal area, looks to have far too many weak points. If I were a betting man, I'd bet this thing (if ever actually built) would not so much as last the intial journey to the bottom without compromising the dna stored inside.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
And what about the only sponsor they have? www.aalforum.eu... does anyone think they even have enough money to support a project of this scope? they themselves are asking for donations just to keep their website going..

Must be a con job.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Why store something at the very deepest part of the oceans?

If we get popped by a rock, how will we have the tech to recover?

If any of the bad things happen, what good will it do?

EDIT:

Just looked at that garden ornament they are sending down. No way it would last even the journey to the bottom. You can see the welds (brazed I think) because it is thin wall tubing, mild SS probably.

Send me a 100$, I want to send something to the bottom of the trench as well, some of my poop as I sail over it.

edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: Long before my grandfather was born, this land was ours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join