It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hornsleth Deep Storage Project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Hornsleth Deep Storage Project

www.deepstorageproject.com

In 2013 something extraordinary is going to happen. Something so strange and enthralling, that hearing the concept alone makes your imagination fly.

Picture this; A vast steel sculpt, 8 by 8 by 8m, being lowered deep into the Pacific Ocean. This first of a series of sculpts will be stored into the Marianas trench, right to the bottom 11,000 meters down. With us so far? That’s 200 miles off Guam Island between Japan, the Philippines and Indonesia. Now, are you ready for the plot twist? It’s going to be full of human blood and hair samples, DNA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-2-2013 by Sakrateri because: Forgot a letter

edit on 21-2-2013 by Sakrateri because: forgot more letters!

edit on 21-2-2013 by Sakrateri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
1: I did a search and search keeps taking me to some Samuru search?? is this right? No mention of this topic in the search.

2: This story sounds a bit suspicious to me, does someone know something that we do not?

3: I am more then a bit curious as to the supporter of this project. It just makes no sense to me.

I think there is a plan somewhere in place that makes doing something like this feasible and I suppose it is up to us to find out where and what that plan is before they will need to use these "samples"

www.deepstorageproject.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That is actually a bit frightening. On one hand, I can see why they would want to put human DNA somewhere safe. Considering the Solar System is a shooting gallery, a rock could come from anywhere, wipe us out and the survivors wanting a way to repopulate. On the other, What may they know and not telling us? I mean, they've stored plant seeds against the unthinkable, so why not "people seeds"?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just tried to search and was redirected myself ... Is the search compromised? Storing DNA deep in the deepest part of the ocean. Very cool concept. they should go further and make an orbiting sculpture as well.
edit on 21-2-2013 by steel49 because: Added stuff

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The design looks flawed to me.

Is that really the most protective approach? I would have thought something with less appendages would be in order.

Who runs this project again?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It makes it easier to snag. Survivors of an ELE may not have the capability to get down there, so they just use a hook with a long cable.
edit on 21-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A bit disturbing I must say!!

Why now? They were building those bunkers to store seeds and the sort...why not do this at the same time?

Anyway, if an asteroid strikes us, it will hit in the pacific, it will splash boil all that water and this container will be destroyed......

If we are to be wiped out, it will be our destiny and this is NOT how we would be meant to be "reborn" on Earth IMO. And if it takes 1 milion years, will this container not have decomposed? And everything in it also?

I dont pretent to know what will happen or how, but the pieces for this puzzle jus dont seem to fit.

Oh and of course, How will our future generations know where to look for this thing, and they wouldn't even kknow it existed after a few generations...
edit on 21-2-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If this can be traced back to conceptual artist Kristian von Hornsleth it can be taken with a huge pinch of salt, as this individual has already been involved in some questionable activities.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What a dumb place to put those things
What kind of nuts would bury something there where it will never be found. I think it's a big expensive scam thought up by people trying to con others out of their money myself. Put something like that in an ice cold freshwater lake to preserve DNA not the corrosive environment of the ocean. Salt is heavier than water and will go down in that trench burying it in a salt slab and making it unfindable.

Boy, there sure are a lot of nuts in this world.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What a cool idea

Its a shame the sculpture look like a 3D version of a 2 year old's scribing on a bit of paper. Not exactly a gem in the world of art.

CX

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sounds more like an offering.

CX.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This idea is not really new. Some ancient cultures had a tradition of burning their dead and taking the bones and either burying them under their house or they often crushed up the bones and made them into pottery artifacts and sometimes even pottery rocks to lay into the dwelling walls or floor. Now we burn the bodies and put the ashes into urns on the fireplace or in a cabinet....Have humans really changed that much.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

Movie plot: The leaders of the world, knowing that an extinction level event is coming with no way to stop it, lower containers with human tissue, blood and DNA down to the underwater alien base deep in the Marianas Trench so that the advanced aliens can re-seed the human race once the planet is habitable again. Should we use Spielberg for this one or that other guy?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Sounds more like an offering.

CX.

Cthulu demands to know the state of our current DNA,to determine if its the right time to wake and rise again.
No doubt about it Bud.

Edit:
Having read about the project its not really a deep storage project,as I don't think any DNA will survive intact at that pressure for long,encased in metal or otherwise.
I see no mention of pressure regulation in the design,so it really is just some odd artistic statement I presume?
edit on 21/2/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
that is a plate subjucktion trench, in time that metal vessel will be crushed when the lower plate travels underneath the upper plate, I thought that kind of thing was common knowledge!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
that is a plate subjucktion trench, in time that metal vessel will be crushed when the lower plate travels underneath the upper plate, I thought that kind of thing was common knowledge!

It makes you wonder if this is a serious project or just someone extracting money out of rich people. I guess the sale pitch will be something like "make sure your family line continues even if there is Armageddon and the whole world cant repopulate, can i have 10 million please?"

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Whether this is all a scam or not I don't see it being much different than shooting dna and little gold records into space.

Granted 'space' is a lot bigger than our vast waterways - but we still know so little about what's beneath our own seas?

Yeah, why not.

On the other hand it's creepy too... Especially after reading your post!

peace

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Imagine it's your DNA. The years go by. Hundreds of thousands of them.
One day the hook grabs hold and up we go. To test-tube city. We're not like them !
We're . . . primitive !
Can we live as a zoo denizens ?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Whether this is all a scam or not I don't see it being much different than shooting dna and little gold records into space.

Granted 'space' is a lot bigger than our vast waterways - but we still know so little about what's beneath our own seas?
Yeah, why not.
On the other hand it's creepy too... Especially after reading your post!
peace

Very True,it is a similar thing to sending maps into space.
I am only joking about Cthulhu Rising though.
Its far too soon for that of course.
For Chthulu waits only for the signal of comet Ison,expected in the last quarter of the year of our lord 2013.

I jest about that also.
Hopefully.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Bottom of the Marianas trench and you think ELE survivors are going to fish for these things??? Say what! Mate thats 10.9Km deep! There are going to need one hell of a big fishing rod! LoL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join