It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let ‘Em Rip: Study Finds Passengers Passing Gas Mid-Flight Healthy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_sky
Thanks for giving me a good laugh! My secret is ease it out quietly and keep that poker face!!

It reminded me of the elevator scene from the movie 'Police Academy 2 or 3' where they're all down in Florida for a convention

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I can see the headlines now: "

Buildup of Dangerous Methane Gas Causes Suffocation Deaths Aboard Flight 315

".

edit on 21-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)
Or increased cabin pressure and shortage in wiring

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by hp1229

Make sure to play if off too!! Look around like you are looking for the stinker who let er rip.....When all along it was you and nobody is the wiser!!

Ahhhhh....I just farted while typing this.....
Been there done that one too many times
Especially remaiin calm in an elevator going upto the 60th floor in NYC

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I think it's gross. But I think the sound is worse than the smell, most of the time.

The key to this problem I think will be new types of clothes and materials that will neutralize the sound and/or smell. Another possibility is a "Fart Pill (tm)" for airplane flights.

Most of the time I can pass gas safely without bothering anybody. So in the infrequent moments when I'm around others, I choose to hold it and sacrifice my comfort for the greater good.

I also think diet might be related. Myself, I lately have been eating a lot of oatmeal and rice and similar things. But I still pass gas. I'm not sure if eating beans makes it worse. I do occasionally eat split peas or lentils or refried beans, but I don't notice any increase in gas. However, I will mention that I think bananas DO increase gas or at least make the smell worse. I don't eat very many. I've become more of a lemon man nowadays. Lemons taste terrible, though. But good nutrition.
edit on 21-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
Its the enzymes in the male body that leads to higher levels of gas as the food passes through the intestines
Definitely beans are up there. I also considered the heavy clothing idea around the butt to baffle or muffle the sound

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
I won't take the chance of farting on a plane...TSA might label it as an act of terror and find grounds for arrest.
who knows...pretty soon we just might see that become a law with the way things are going now with TSA

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by hp1229

The Surgeon General was on Oprah. He said that a healthy person passes gas 14 times a day. Oprah exclaimed, "Boy, am I healthy!"
a healthy mind and body....frequent farts leads to healthy and lofty fortunes?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There's usually plenty of opportunity to go somewhere discreet and let it out...on a plane, not so much, but you could go to the lavatory if you think it's a sounder....

CX

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I envisage an increase in Thunderpant sales....

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join