It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Dies in State Custody After Disabled Mom Loses Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

This is a terrible story from ABC News.

The last time Doris Freyre saw her 14-year-old daughter, Marie, alive was around 1 p.m. on April 26. She watched helplessly as the disabled girl was strapped to a stretcher and sent by ambulance to a nursing home in Miami -- five hours away from their home in Tampa, Fla.

Florida child welfare authorities had deemed Freyre, a 59-year-old single mother with six herniated discs and carpal tunnel syndrome in both her wrists, unable to take care of Marie, who had cerebral palsy and suffered from life-threatening seizures.

Marie, who was in state custody despite pleas from her mother that she could better care for her daughter at home, died alone just 12 hours later on April 27 -- dehydrated and not properly medicated -- of cardiac arrest, according to a Miami Herald investigation. Neither a nurse nor a social worker accompanied the screaming girl en route to the institution. And her mother was not allowed to ride with the girl, who could not talk and had a rigid medication routine.

This is a tragic story, and there's far more that happened. I urge you to read the article in its entirety.

Words can't express how angry and disheartened this makes me feel. And I doubt that the state officials who caused this problem will be disciplined adequately.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why cant people just be left alone. I guess that would be too simple.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This isnt a dig at you smyleegrl, so don't take it that way
But as much as this story pisses me off, Its main stream news, I could visit the top 5 MSN sites and read this. Personaly the content of ATS has become a problem over the past 2/3 years as the audiance has got larger. Its like ATS has become a hub for MSM which runs parrallel with news stories, offering no other sources, just generating different opinions.

On Top: Government interference which children is a sticky subject. Its good in some cases but can do more damage than good in others, really a taboo subject for me. I just hope people are accounted for their actions and the loss of this childs life.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I am not one to worry much about people but this really hit me. A mum isn't just a care machine, there are emotions involved ffs. Being unable to speak and then being removed from the only person you love and trust is torture.
Those that ordered this idiotic removal should be done not only for manslaughter but for torture as well. I can't get over this, it is so sad. Makes me so angry.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh wow thats sad
People are so cruel.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
This isnt a dig at you smyleegrl, so don't take it that way
But as much as this story pisses me off, Its main stream news, I could visit the top 5 MSN sites and read this. Personaly the content of ATS has become a problem over the past 2/3 years as the audiance has got larger. Its like ATS has become a hub for MSM which runs parrallel with news stories, offering no other sources, just generating different opinions.

On Top: Government interference which children is a sticky subject. Its good in some cases but can do more damage than good in others, really a taboo subject for me. I just hope people are accounted for their actions and the loss of this childs life.

No worries, not offended.

I don't watch television, or pay attention to the msm. When I check my email, there's a line at the top with different articles and stories from around the world. This was an article that horrified me, so I posted it.

Sure, its not a conspiracy, but did you read the whole thing? The state refused to let the mother care for her daughter, even though she'd been doing it for 14 years. The mother begged to be allowed to continue her care....they pulled her child away screaming. Then that adult child dies 24 hours later, from neglect.

This sickened me. Just one more example of how too much government can be a bad thing

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
CPS is the devil, it's full of psychotic control freaks and closet pedos.

I would hope criminal charges are brought up, If YOU or I and I were to be the cause of this child's death via the same circumstances you best believe they would lock you up and throw away the key.

join