It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Eyes Cruise Missiles to Attack N.Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Tokyo is eyeing the development of cruise missiles to launch pre-emptive strikes on North Korean missile bases, the Sankei Shimbun reported Wednesday.

english.chosun.com...

Is that right? Hmm, seems I recall a lot of those are hidden well away in the sides of mountains.

Earlier, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told the Diet that Japan needs to "consider acquiring the means to hit enemy bases in accordance with the changing international political situation."

Don't. Listen to your people who don't want powerful weapons falling into the hands of government nutbags who will bring disaster to your doorstep once again. Or have we forgotten WWII already?

But amid a general lurch to the right, Abe recently said striking North Korean missile bases could be considered "self defense" if there are no other ways to deal with such threats.

Oh, heh...Forget WWII then. Jump right on the Bush preemptive doctrine regime. Nice.

A nation who saw the error of their ways, lost untold thousands or millions of people paying the price in blood. Then changed, abandoned warfare, and became a world economic power and master craftsmen with the rest of the world salivating over their products. You are a productive people now. Why go back to warfare? Stupid.

If NK was foolish enough to attack anyone with a nuke, they would be a sheet of glass. Japan, stop worrying and buying into the hype. And lose whoever it is talking like that. SOON.
edit on Thu Feb 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Do they think China will just sit there?!? Or any nation friendly with North Korea? What would be their endgame? If Japan does this, they are 100% stupid. (Government, not the average civilian)
edit on 21-2-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A little rich when your own country has caused so many civilians deaths and supposedly kills 1 terrorist for every 50 civilians with drone strikes? powerful weapons are already in the hands of nutbags!

if I was Japan id want defence, whether its for retaliation or too strike. A bit like how everyone in America seems too want a gun because others do, for there safety

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think you guys need to leave your hippie world and come back to reality, You have China flexing its muscles at Japan more often now and you got NK testing nukes. Asia is becoming a unfriendly place for Japan and the US is not able to defend Japan when our military is stretch thin as it is.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Actually the truth is, or at least was as of 2011- this might have changed a bit-

The US DoD operates and owns/leases 109 total military installation sites in Japan, and 85 in South Korea. And there are separate Air Force, Navy, Army, and Marine Corps components to most of these sites, in varying degrees.

So Japan is pretty well covered.

What this sounds like to me is a rowdy politician wanting to put preemptive strike capability into their own hands- despite the massive US forces there. And we just can't have THAT now, can we? Only the US can decide who gets preempted. Or haven't you figured that out by now? After all, we are the striking component of the New World Order.

And if they had figured out how to take out NK missile installations hidden in mountains without nuking the place, they probably would have already done it by now. Either that, or they have figured it out- and it's coming. But with nukes on the scene, NK has upped the anti. Could potentially cost a little too much blood now. Houston has definitely got a problem.
edit on Thu Feb 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Man these progs are gonna jump you for that.I've been at them with brain to brain combat but they seem resist the tactic I use,facts and history.They have a preconceived notion of reality that they must resist it all with ideology.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Being that Japan is a de facto nuclear armed power, i doubt they are worried too much.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah this hippie mentality with some of you has gone way overboard.

These are bad things, yes. But you cant just sit back and then respond to a man made disaster.

Whats better? whats worse?

Example:

I live in a nice neighborhood.

I have a 7 yr old daughter, she is beautiful, bright and lively.

There is a convicted pedophile next door. The Police have warned me to keep my little girl away from him.

I have witnessed him trying to lure my little girl into his home with candy and dolls.

FFS I cant watch 100% of the time!!!

I caught him in my yard the other day, he had one of my daughters dolls in his hand.

On his way over the fence, he said "I'll get her"

Now what do I do?

Police are useless until there's a semen sample.

My two choices:

1. Protect the child as best I can, but knowing sooner or later he will get her, and destroy her young life. Forever.

or

2. Grab an aluminum ball bat and wait till he is outside, hop over the fence and break every bone between his hips and toes.?

#2 is going to happen anyway if #1 does.

Whats better?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Japan has a right to prepare for the worst in a powderkeg Asia, and Japan shouldn't be treated like a 5 year old with a box of matches.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I wouldn't go that far. If anything Japan has shown the force of the Kamekaze in WW2 let alone if they didn't pull back we all might be speacing Japanese at the moment.

If any culture is one to go to extremes, Asians are, I am part Asian, Grandma is 100% and she is scarier imo than these so call Al-Queda on any given day, well not now as she is getting ready to pass =( You haven't seen vengence until those eyes widen and she declares you the Devil..... Just my opinion but I wouldn't want Japan arming up again just because of what they did with there army in the past. Not saying we American's need to play Captain save a ho if SHTF like we always do, just scary thinking what they would really do.

Japan get's cruise missles to take out N.Korean bases, what easier way to instigate ww3? China already hates us heck I would almost count the whole European/Middle East/Russia anyone on the other side of the world do not like us Americans. China's been hacking us for prolly a decade now, who really won the cold war? What's really going on? I won't discount this as farce just yet because were getting daily updates on this unpredictable event that is unfolding daily. You might wake up tomarrow in the middle of the night to bombs, probably not but the stakes seem to be getting dug deeper~

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Japan and Germany both should rearm to the fullest extent possible.

Look our Military is expensive, we have some allies that we all know are AWESOME in that regard, not just Awesome but also FRONT LINE in the face of our enemies

Scenario 1 in a Global conflict

Japan and Germany get waxed within days for no reason what so ever and America has to retake those locations with possible fronts maybe established in our own yard in any conflict... worse Millions of Gorgeous Intelligent German and Japanese women die (you think it's hard to pick up a Cute Japanese girl now huh)

Scenario 2 in Global conflict

North Korea or China fires missiles ta Japan which are promptly shot down by the anti missile systems on Mecha Godzillas shoulder then Voltron assembles flys over Pyongyang and steps on lil kim

(A rearmed japan might not look that different than the above in a decade)

Let them go crazy, let them build it can only be to our benefit

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Good point as your analogy had me cracking up! I personally like Scenerio 2.... I take it back let Japan arm itself I always wanted to see Mecha Godzilla

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Good point as your analogy had me cracking up! I personally like Scenerio 2.... I take it back let Japan arm itself I always wanted to see Mecha Godzilla

I'm trying to be funny lol... but Your Asian Grandma is the right analogy

I know if I live in a neighborhood and next door to me is a nice Japanese family with 2 kids and Nana up in the attic and next door to them is a Chinese family with 37 people living in the house and they are kinda gangsta... the solution is obvious... Buy Nana Japan a shotgun... she's flippin crazy no one will mess with her. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Seriously though to contain China you need to open a deterrent that is viable

Right now China doesn't face much of a war if it get's hostile, you have Taiwan which would do damage but it's a small location to hit... you Have South Korea which is effectively neutered by having to fight North Korea..

To truly discourage China from getting too ambitious they need to face a genuine war on 2 fronts

Right now there is just India and that fight would be in the Mountains far away from Chinese infrastructure....

Now massive batteries of cruise missiles and a heavily armed Japan.... right across a small waterway from all your major population centers wealth and high tech industry... quite a deterrent

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I very much so agree! That's why I changed my tone of Japan arming themselves. They might be a small nation... But they have a lot of people packed in on one tiny island in very tall vertical buildings in very small closets of rooms.... They may be overly frustrated and want to take it out on someone.... Like N.Korea
WW3 Return of the Bushido? Kinda scary but at least we have a ocean seperating us from them~So let them be the Deterrent!

LOL~ You know the Asian family Kamikaze Heritage as well huh~ When slightly slanted eyes widen to that of the round eye beware!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

China has already been instigating Japan over a bunch of small islands that Japan bought from its former owner. Japan has stayed out of Chinas business, but Japan can only take so many slaps in the face before Japan starts to get pissed. And this isn't the 1940s any more, things changed and so has Japan.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Pain and fear of loss of life solves most sexual issues. A 7 tear old under such conditions is under threat.Explain to him your concern with his ability to continue to live amongst humanity while betraying not the least hint of emotion.
If that doesn't work hire a plan B.
I ,unfortunately would talk that much after he said that.
Personally I liked the Imperial flag anyway.JSDF is not enough as we speak,they have do do something.
edit on 22-2-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
lets not forget the nips have a history of starting wars, without notice. they also have a track record of rape, torture, mass executions, genocide, slaughter of POW and nurses, mass enslavement and sexual exploitation, they have used biological and chemical weapons on civilians.

so should the japs be encouraged to pander to the worst in their nature, i would think not.

they should just keep making cars, and keep their eyes off the guns.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by southseasavage
lets not forget the nips have a history of starting wars, without notice. they also have a track record of rape, torture, mass executions, genocide, slaughter of POW and nurses, mass enslavement and sexual exploitation, they have used biological and chemical weapons on civilians.

so should the japs be encouraged to pander to the worst in their nature, i would think not.

they should just keep making cars, and keep their eyes off the guns.

Are we living in the 1940s? China, Russia, USA, UK, Germany, Itay and many more countries have a past like that. Stop living in the past and focus on the future.

top topics

join