It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Loops on the Sun - HD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hello folks,

I apologize if this has already been shown somewhere, I searched under different variables but didn't find anything related.

So I just wanted to share this, as I find it to be an amazing video from Nasa Heliophysics:

On July 19, 2012, an eruption occurred on the sun that produced a moderately powerful solar flare and a dazzling magnetic display known as coronal rain.

I highly recommend watching it in HD and full screen.

One can also appreciate the greatness of this footage when they pop in the "Earth to Scale" reference at 1:06, reminding us of just how small and tiny we are...

I simply find it fantastic and I am sure that many will also enjoy!

Neat huh?

edit on 21-2-2013 by SonoftheSun because: changed yt source for HD...duh...

edit on 21-2-2013 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oh that is SOOOOO cool! Thanks for the video. Looks like a waterfall coming down from the flare. What a great video.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thanks for that...

It is hard to believe something that is so violent can be so beautiful...

S&F for this...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yeah, that is an awesome video... Wicked really. lol Thank you for sharing. I created this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... in order to keep an eye on the Sun as the quickly growing sunspot (AR1678) may produce an X flare in the next 24hrs. It may only harbor a strong M, if that but still, its exciting to see how quick its growing. I am still trying to figure out if its Earth directed...

edit on 21-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Just jumping on for a minute to see if there is any information on the blurb I just saw about a massive coronal explosion on the sun?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

An amazing waterfall indeed. Could you possibly imagine that it would burn us to a crisp...the size of it all is astounding, the concept mindboggling and the view, breathtaking !!!

reply to post by tsurfer2000h

So true. i think that our ancestors worshipped the Sun as they knew that it brings warmth and a good feeling along with a certain fear of what it could do. Respect !!

reply to post by MamaJ

Yahoo has also an article on it. Quite impressive and let's just hope it's a minor M, if ever...

You and I both know that the Sun is worth keeping an eye on in the times to come...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What a fantastic display of raining fire... thanks for the video, OP

If I had my life to live over, I think I'd be a heliophysicist. I bet their hearts must skip a beat in excitement when they get the chance to capture moments like this !

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Great video. Looks amazing and really does put our little lives into perspective.!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My god that was awesome!

It's like two movies in one, the 'rainbow' is one of the most incredible things I have seen on video, but the thing in the lower right corner is going to town as well, and it is almost as cool as the 'rainbow'.

Thanks so much for sharing, OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ok that "loop" is like 20 times the size of the earth. I can't even fathom that. Amazing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WOW that was amazing! If a solar flare reaches us from that thing we are toast

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know there's a rule against one line posts, but there's just nothing to say besides, that left me speechless.

Thanks.

edit on 21-2-2013 by incoserv because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Very happy to see that I am not the only one that was flabbergasted by this amazing video !!

The size of that loop versus the size of the Earth kinda made me go whoaaa.... now imagine that we're not even a pixel on that screen as an individual !!!

Incredible footage !!!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yeah, it is definitely a keeper as incredible footage produced by our Sun.

We do know (now especially) that the Sun deserves a lot of respect, that is for sure. I will continue to be in awe of the life it gives and the reality it could take it away.

The sunspot is no longer I threat( I believe). It would have been cool to at least see a good M flare, oh well, maybe next time.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
lol the sounds sound so realistic even though the sound is fake.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's so mesmerizing. I'm going to see if I can make a screen saver of it. I could watch it for hours.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
That was amazing, and starred; Thanks for sharing!

And great idea above for a screensaver!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Beautiful and AMAZING thanks SonoftheSun
snf

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Outstanding!!!

Thanks so much for posting this. I had no idea this had happened on my birthday!!!

Kinda explains a few things for me (well, it might if you look at it from a way where the stars are supposed to have an influence on your life)
I'm open to all posibilities though and seeing that is incredible in itself.

Beautiful show.

The Earth is so tiny and was amazing to see it compared. Could possibly fit around 60 Earths into that ejection alone!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

A screensaver is a great idea ! It has that same effect on me as well, watched it numerous numerous times, just trying to comprehend the dynamics behind such a show...

As CranialSponge has said, they most probably got pretty excited at NASA when they reviewed this footage !!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join