It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are being Subconsciously Manipulated!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If the brainwashing and government speak wasn't evident enough already, here's further proof of the mass manipulation taking place before our very eyes...

Early Tuesday morning just north of Los Angeles, a lone gunman (gamer gone amok) went on a shooting spree which left four dead and several more injured. The killer hijacked several vehicles at gunpoint, killing and terrorizing people all along his killing spree, and why isn't the media waving their arms about this one? Where is the non-stop 24x7 MSM coverage of this event? Where are the endless commentaries by talking heads and "Breaking News!" headlines?

Gamer turned killer

Where is CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS 'round the clock coverage of this senseless tragedy? Where is it? There isn't any, and do you know why? Because this story doesn't fit their agenda. There was no evil "assault weapon" involved, there was no high capacity "clip" (magazine) involved. No, the killer used a regular old shotgun, just like the one Joe Biden says is all you need. There was no evil black gun to be villified in this murder spree. There were no "children" to parade around in front of a camera, but innocent people still died. Where is the outcry?

Is the story out there? Oh sure, you can find it,but you have to dig for it. It's certainly not headline news anywhere.

People are allowing themselves to be manipulated by the government sympathetic media who are completely in bed with those trying to further this gun banning objective. Here's the thing though, the politicians know they'll never get all the firearms in this country, so they have to try to get the ones they can use the media to villify while leaving others alone so they can say they're not anti-gun.

They're playing you America...and you're letting them!

edit on 2/21/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here again we see another obviously mentally disturbed "gamer" who goes nuts and kills people. Forget how he does it, and what tool he uses to do it. What common theme do we have in all of these killings? Video games; video games and questionable mental health as a result.

Where are the legions of people screaming to ban video games? Where are the droves of people screaming for more mental health screening? Where is the president and his parade of children yammering on about "it's all about the children" as he scolds those who own and play video games? Where is it?

It's not there!

...and there's a reason for it too!

You are being manipulated!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It would seem there is no way for the MSM to win on this one. If they report it, they are assisting the govt's gun-grabbing agenda, and if they don't report it, they obviously have some other devious ulterior motive.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I disagree. They (the media) are intentionally leaving this one alone because it doesn't fit the model. Gun owner's expect the media to play up any senseless shooting, but they're not. They're only playing up the ones that fit the agenda. There's no heart wrenching drama to be played out in this story, no victim that large segments of the voting populace can empathize with and no evil black gun with a hi-cap mag that pundits can parade around in front of a the camera.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yeah I have to agree with this, it is extremely odd. I live in Tustin and the helicopter noise was intense that morning. Searched and searched the web to find out what was going on but couldn't find any news until OCRegister had an article later that day.

I really believe that both sides (Dem / GOP) are working in concert for a third party. Can anybody really be as stupid as our government is? They are using the media (both sides) to create confusion, frustration and division among the populace. Why, I don't know but the shytes getting ready to hit the fan. These rampages will increase as frustration and confusion increases and soon it will result in anarchy. Setup for a takeover of sorts?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I thought the same, saw the story when it happened on ATS, otherwise I would have never known. It was not on MSM that morning. I found it on the local stations website. Man on shooting spree with six different crime scenes is a decent piece of news, he was 20 a college student and had a middle eastern sounding name. But middle eastern sounding names are no longer on the agenda. You are correct, manipulation abounds.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

Taking the story down to skin and bones and trying to find a reason there, the first thing that jumps out is that the guy used a shotgun? Just a few days after Slow Bidings shotgun statement.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I find that bizarre as well. You get coverage on AR-15's. Then you get gunmen with AR-15's. We get coverage on 12 gauges. Then you get gunman with a shot gun. Manipulation is being used as a tool for sure. It always was. Ever since the spoken word I assume. People need to wake up and use common sense when it comes to those things. Using video games as an excuse is one of those manipulations. It used to be heavy metal muisic but people got wise to it and saw the lies being propagated. The video game excuse will be pushed aside as it should be. If they're mentally deranged in such a way that will push them to commit murder it doesn't matter if their pass-time of choice is a video game, reading, movies or collecting stamps. They will commit murder and they'll use any excuse to justify what they have done.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the media reporting the mental manipulation from the exposure to the violence of video games is sure to backfire and expose their manipulation of the masses through violent and upsetting news reports.

the entities we are being manipulated by are one and the same!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'll stick with Super Mario Bro's, thank you very much

That is pretty messed up though, but what do you expect from the media? When have they ever not had some kind of agenda?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yep. A nation of shotgun owners is way less likely to stand up for itself when and if it ever needs to. Its like anything else....if one thinks they could make a go at it they might take the chance. Capacity plays a very large part in conduct of the holder.

Their heads dont even move in that direction when they hear that a shootgun was used.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I love how the media demonizes "assault weapons" when they are not the main guns used in gun violence. Pistols are the main guns people use in gun violence. So the logical thing the media should do, is to go after pistols since they kill so many.

You could also carry multiple pistols on your body at one time. Hell, you could conceal about 10 of them fully loaded if your dressed in the right kind of clothes. And most pistols carry about 12-15 bullets. Some less, and some more if you are using extended magazines. You could only carry about 2 AR's on your body at one time comfortably.

The reason pistols are used so often, is they are concealed very easily. An AR is pretty large and you can't really hide one on your clothes.

I'll list places on your body you can conceal a pistol:

1. you can carry 2 under each armpits, there are holsters you can buy in order to do this. In movies you typically see FBI agents using these since it's easy to pull it out.
2. There are ankle holsters you can buy also, since you have 2 ankles, you can carry 1 per ankle, or you could simply stuff it into your sock, or your shoes, depending on what shoes you are using.
3. There are hip holsters you can buy, policemen usually have their guns in a holster on their hip.
4. if your pants pockets are large enough, you can easily fit a smaller pistol in each pocket, along with both of you back pockets also.
5. You can carry a pistol in your waste band. You typically see gangbangers on TV with their guns between there stomach and pants. You can also tuck it into the back part of your waste band around your lower back.
6. You could even strap one on one of your thighs if you wanted to.
7. If your wearing a hoody jacket, you can fit one in the front pocket
8. If you have a packpack or purse, you can easily fit multiple pistols in it, along with extra mags.

An AR on the other hand, you can only hold about 2 of them on your person at one time. One slung around your back, and one in your hands. And AR's typically hold 30 rounds before having to reload, more if you have extended clips.

So it would seem pistols would be more of a concern, since you can easily carry multiple of them without being detected.

Sure buying a lot of pistols, and ammo to go with them can be expensive, but if your going to commit mass murder, money isn't going to be a big concern for you in the end, since your going to prison for the rest of your life, or killing yourself before that happens.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join