It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden tells his wife to unload gun if attacked at home.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
I don't think you know how a double-barreled shotgun works. (no offense).

It only has two shells. That means you only have two shots. So if you shoot them both off, you are now defenseless. I was not misleading, I was pointing out how Biden advises his wife to empty out the gun, and effectively disarm herself.

I think it is tragically naive advice.

I don't think you know how a double barrel shotgun works. (No offense)

Pull trigger, make big BOOM, causes some people to defecate in their trousers.

That and it really only takes three or so seconds to reload a shotgun.

ETA: Have you ever heard someone fire off a 12 or larger gauge shotgun shell? They make a pretty beefy noise.
edit on 2/21/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Truth.

Of course they would live in a zipcode where crime is not a meaningful possibility in the first place.

But it's fairly outrageous for him to advocate firing a gun, outside your home, into the air, Saddam-style. Especially when he advocates the twin-barrel shotgun for home defense, that he describes emptying it out in full view of your assailants. Just wow.

You know you make a very good point. Around here and other places anyone coming into a home KNOWS there is a great danger of getting shot by the homeowner. So if someone has or is trying to get into your home you have a good idea of what you are dealing with.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, it reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell's famous and stupid statements on gun control when her bodyguard applied for a CCP because she and her family needed protection because of threats...
Like only people who have been threatened need protection. Because everyone knows that anyone who gets killed gets proper threats first... So, the rest of us are safe!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
And people actually thought reelecting him was a good idea. Someone protected by trained guards, with automatic weapons, is the last person I'm going to take home defense advice from. Biden does not live in the real world. He's just a goofball, spouting the party line.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer

I don't think you know how a double barrel shotgun works. (No offense)

Pull trigger, make big BOOM, causes some people to defecate in their trousers.

That and it really only takes three or so seconds to reload a shotgun.

I prefer my savage 12 gauge pump for pheasant. Side-by-sides are great for upland game; but most working-class people cannot afford them.

ETA: Have you ever heard someone fire off a 12 or larger gauge shotgun shell? They make a pretty beefy noise.
edit on 2/21/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

Um, did you know that the higher the gauge, the smaller the bore? So, a 16-gauge is actually smaller than a 12 gauge. And yes, I've hunted with a 10-gauge goose gun. But 12s are so common it is practically impossible to find a 10 or an 8 without buying an antique or collectible.

I can tell you, based on my experience in law enforcement, that the sound or sight of a firearm does NOT deter crime; in fact, it often goads the assailant to violence....

Finally,

2 or 3 seconds to reload, when you are being attacked, is an eternity. An attacker can cover 15 yards in 2 or 3 seconds. Most deadly confrontations in law enforcement take place at a range of less than 10...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I prefer my savage 12 gauge pump for pheasant. Side-by-sides are great for upland game; but most working-class people cannot afford them.

How nice.

Um, did you know that the higher the gauge, the smaller the bore? So, a 16-gauge is actually smaller than a 12 gauge. And yes, I've hunted with a 10-gauge goose gun. But 12s are so common it is practically impossible to find a 10 or an 8 without buying an antique or collectible.

If you go back and read you will see that I said 'larger' gauge, not 'higher' gauge. Larger does not always implicate a bigger number.

I can tell you, based on my experience in law enforcement, that the sound or sight of a firearm does NOT deter crime; in fact, it often goads the assailant to violence....

The sight of a gun seems to works pretty well in most unreported cases like the Clackamas Mall

Finally,

2 or 3 seconds to reload, when you are being attacked, is an eternity. An attacker can cover 15 yards in 2 or 3 seconds. Most deadly confrontations in law enforcement take place at a range of less than 10...

Finally, she has a small army at her beck and call that have a lot more guns, and those guns have a lot more bullets.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This action would leave her holding an empty weapon, on a balcony, while assailants attack the home....

What am I missing here?

Biden is an idiot. I think those hair plugs did something to his brain.

He's just gaffing his way through life at this point, thinking he is supporting the boss's agenda when he is really just confusing people.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think if you live in a neighbor hood with bunch of houses close by, the sound would scare the robbers, by either, telling them i have a gun or just the sound alerting the neighborhood up..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He probably lives in a good neighborhood, where when neighbors hear gunshots, they call the cops.

And I just watched the video. Why don't you quote the entire thing, instead of making it out to be something it's not.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Plus, you know you can reload guns, right?
edit on 21-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I keep hearing sound bites from Joe. He is NOT a constitutional scholar but is the mouth piece for the dumbed down 2nd amendment is for hunting ect avoidance of the real issues behind the 2nd amendment.

Little Joey shootgun training wheels expresion of the powerfull and freedom insuring 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment is for the big boys joe!

Joes like a guy that shows up at the hot rod convention with his wagon. And then tells everybody there they should have a wagon....a little RED wagon....like he does.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah the sound of racking a slide action, firing two shots from a two shot gun into the air would confuse me, I'd probably expect them to throw it down to me next (assuming the kick hasn't already removed jill from the balcony).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join