It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt taking more of my check in 2013. DId your taxes go up, too? Are you Rich?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

If he is playing both sides...he'd best be careful.

That way lies a rocky and perlious path.

With the interwebs these days, ya have to be on your toes.

Just as a caveat, most Union folk I know wish they were not Union these days. They've been telling me that they are bleeding jobs with all the renegotiating or non negotiating. Take your pick.
edit on 21-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Stop focusing on yourself and your personal troubles as a concequence of this change, you gotta look at the bigger perspective if you are ever going to make a difference.(instead of soudning like a egoistical crybaby)

So you get 30$ less per week why is this bad for the economy? Well the place you had dinner at before wont get your money anymore, which might get them to have a harder time/ going bankrupt, which means they have to go on welfare as well, which means obama must take even more $ from people, rinse, repeat, eventually we have no economy, and no one to pay the taxes, thus no one gets welfare.

Thats how you have to state it, so that EVERYONE understands why it is bad.

You had me going there for a minute…I thought “Oh no..they got to NeoVein!!!” I was about to lay into you until I got to that last sentence!

OP, we’ve all experienced the pay cut. Apparently we’re all rich and we weren’t paying our fair share. Maybe one day everyone will get a damn clue and realize that if the government doesn’t stop spending, eventually they will run out of other people’s money.

edit on 21-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Market Watch, Business Insider and just talking to my buds and reading between the lines on the MSM webs.

Methinks that we are cruising for a bruising.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
I just wish I would have awoken to that fact a little bit earlier.

I don't hate anyone. People get what they vote for. It is the greed of wall street where investors have become speculators that annoys me somewhat. They put pressure on management for unreasonable returns and this leads to more outsourcing, cut in worker compensation, more lobbying, etc.

And lets not forget the war racket of bush&cheney. Anyone that still thinks alqueda was behind 9-11 is not paying attention or trolling. Great sins have been committed and zero punishment. I think people have a right to be angry.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think that you've pretty much hit it on the head.

And STOP changing your avatar...you're as bad as Slayer and Sonny1.

I know, I know, keep 'em guessing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But this Admin has continued to expand upon the previous Admin's policies. But now that a Dem is in charge, all I seem to hear is silence. With the exception of Occupy which was pretty much sidelined right from the get go.

I have always said that the Tea Party and Occupy should have linked up right at the beginning, before both sides were compromised. Then, the people may have had some power.

But alas, it was not to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The fact is that the social security tax is supposed to pay for social security (I know it's a shell game) and the social security system will eventually go broke. So what do they do? LOWER the social secirity tax as a "stimulus" and make it go broke sooner???? I say that's completely stupid. I paid 7.5% of my wages into social security my entire working life with no breaks and no "stimulus reductions." You get the break, pay less for a few months, and when it goes back up you bitch? I have no sympathy for you. Zero.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Just as a caveat, most Union folk I know wish they were not Union these days. They've been telling me that they are bleeding jobs with all the renegotiating or non negotiating. Take your pick.

Of course unions are corrupt. I am not arguing that but without them it is worst, not better. It is like going to court without an attorney.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think that you've pretty much hit it on the head.

Thanks…it’s pretty simple math, actually. Anybody who believed we all weren’t going to be paying more under Obama’s reign wasn’t paying attention. You can’t possible increase the deficit and the size of government that much without serious tax increases. Wait until the totality of Obamacare is realized. Unemployment is about to “necessarily skyrocket” to borrow a phrase from Obama.

And STOP changing your avatar...you're as bad as Slayer and Sonny1.

I know, I know, keep 'em guessing.

Gotta keep it fresh, brother! I change avatars like most people change underwear.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Of course unions are corrupt. I am not arguing that but without them it is worst, not better. It is like going to court without an attorney.

Which leads me to say...

Where are the honest people? I'd like to think that they are out there.

While politics can be entertaining at times, for the most part, it really pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Gotta keep it fresh, brother! I change avatars like most people change underwear.

Ugh! That just told me you have skidmarks. TMI!

People are freakin' though and there is only one way to stop the bleeding.

Apply a tourniquet. It won't be nice nor pretty. But it has to be done.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Oh, man….don’t get me started on unions.

If not for unions, we’d actually have an automotive industry that’s competitive in the market and people would actually be able to afford an American car these days. When unions demand $45 per hour for a job that fetches $20 in the free market, how can you expect a profit without ridiculous prices? And who pays those ridiculous prices so that Bubba gets his $45 an hour?? YEP!!! We do!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

But this Admin has continued to expand upon the previous Admin's policies. But now that a Dem is in charge, all I seem to hear is silence. With the exception of Occupy which was pretty much sidelined right from the get go.

I have always said that the Tea Party and Occupy should have linked up right at the beginning, before both sides were compromised. Then, the people may have had some power.

But alas, it was not to be.

The common denominator of occupy and tea party is that BOTH want a healthy economy. Does the government want a healthy economy or do they want to sink it? Its obvious they want to sink it! The trade deficit with china is abominable and the petro-dollar theory is pure bull#. You don't make the economy strong with waging one war after another war, especially when they are based on fabrications to begin with.

Sure tp comes from the right(smaller government and more business friendly) and occupy from the center or left(keep government big but make it fair).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm one union man that is thankful for my union.

www.sagaftra.org...

because without it I would have no health insurance, retirement, recourse if hurt on the job or representation. In Unity there is Strength. Why do you think cops and firefighters are largely union?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Oh, man….don’t get me started on unions.

If not for unions, we’d actually have an automotive industry that’s competitive in the market and people would actually be able to afford an American car these days. When unions demand $45 per hour for a job that fetches $20 in the free market, how can you expect a profit without ridiculous prices? And who pays those ridiculous prices so that Bubba gets his $45 an hour?? YEP!!! We do!!!

That is a ridiculous strawman that fails to land you points. Automation, outsourcing, and most importantly wall street is causing "your problems". Company wants profit and does not care about the worker. Only in america are unions demonised and yes they exist in most countries. Why fight yourself? Its silly!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Basically, I should be happy to pay more money to the bureauted bloatocracy of Washington, and be grateful to let them spend money I earned. Pardon me, but your sense of entitlement is showing.
reply to post by tovenar

I was addressing the OP directly, but your post has diverted from the issue, and in fact, contains nothing but false accusations. For the record, I never said that anyone should be happy about paying taxes, nor should they "let" them spend the money you earned. However, the majority of the bottom feeders voted for Obama, and unfortunately, you have no choice but to pay, go to jail, , take up arms and rebel(which I am not recommending) or leave the country. I don't like what is going on, and I don't agree with it, but the unwashed masses of ignoramuses voted for what we have, and until people use their brain, and spend more time learning the implications of their vote (OR FAILURE TO VOTE), we are stuck with a country, where the ignorant choose our path. You have the choices I listed. Take your pick.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Instead of blaming Obama, I think you need to read this ATS thread that explains your social security tax increase.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's easy to blame the guy on top, but start putting the blame on who passes these increases, your wonderful congressional representatives! In fact if you read just the first part of this thread, you'll realize Obama actually allowed you to have more money in your paycheck last year.

You need BOTH members of congress to pass spending bills and increase taxes. They're the ones that didn't balance their check book and now you and I are paying for their incompetency by paying higher taxes. They've robbed money from the social security fund to pay bills. If you and I did that, we would be put in jail for embezzlement. Congress got around that by placing social security in the general fund.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This ties in with the other thread on how it practically takes a bachelor degree to get a low paying job these days. Our economy is worse off than they are telling us, and we are becoming wage slaves for a horrible system.
My wife is a nanny while in grad school, so she gets paid cash. EVERYONE we know that works in daycare/childcare that gets paid cash does not claim it. We are trying to be good and claim every cent and get owe almost $5,000 this year! There's no way we can pay that, we live paycheck to paycheck...we are actually looking at moving in with her parents to save money

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

He didnt create the tax break......Bush did......facts are important.

Remember everyone yelling about the Bush tax cuts?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
After promising that he was only going to raise taxes "on the richest Americans," the President raised the social security tax by 2%. Thanks, Pharaoh Obama.

I make about 50K per year. Starting January 1, there's another $30 PER WEEK missing from my check.

We used to take the kids out to dinner once a week, because I have to work late one evening a week. We've already cut all other eating out and grocery expenses. So, we'll have to pack sack lunches for school for the kids, PLUS a sack-supper one night a week, since there's no money to get fast food...

Am I the only one who noticed this????

...............and on top of that my medical went up another 20%, and I haven't received a raise in four years. Although I consider myself lucky to even have a full-time job, it's like I've gotten a pay decrese the past few years. Oh and I'm putting a child through college and the tuition also increases every year. I'm slowly being squeezed out of the 'middle class'.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Higher tax = more money at government's disposal = more programs to aid Americans, including yourself.
Lower tax = more money spent at corporate businesses = fatter bonuses for CEOs and bankers, not including you

Tough choice, bruh.

You got it waaaaay wrong buddy

HIgher taxes means government gets more money to squander on whatever big corps are peddling. And those tax increases only hit the middle class since the big corps just pass on those higher taxes on to the employee and consumer. meaning higher prices, cut wages, jobs and lost benefits.

Lower taxes means I can keep more money and big corps will continue to find excuses why they need to take money from you in the form of cut wages and reduced benefits.

The underlying factor in both is that the middle class gets screwed. More so with high taxes than with low taxes.

The only program that helped me was financial aid for school which i got in the form of pell grants and later on just scholarships due to my grades and my membership to some associations.

I have been fortunate not to need help. My parents, however, had trouble early on but guess what?? they were helped by friends family and the church. My father recently needed eye surgery to save his eye sight. A doctor did the procedure for free. I have known plenty of people to survive by the kindness of people. YOu do not need government to provide such services.

Lets just say that my check is about 80ish dollars short. I don't really miss it but out of spite I will eat out less and buy less.(not that I do either much in the first place) Hopefully many will follow suit so people begin to lose their jobs and we might re evaluate the tax increase.

And if I lose my job due to my actions great, I finally can walk away from a job that bores but that I simply keep because I would have to be a blooming idiot to walk away from such a well payed cake job.

edit on 21-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join