It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt taking more of my check in 2013. DId your taxes go up, too? Are you Rich?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Anyone with half a brain can game the system for their personal benefit and pay a lot less tax.

I'm not going to do the work for you but here's a little hint. LLC

If you are to lazy to do the research and fill out the paperwork; stop whining!
edit on 21-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Starting this year our income has gone down $500. each month thanks to more taxes. To top it off my Hubby got a memo today telling him to prepare himself and his workers for furlough. So now our income will go down 20% for 22 weeks hopefully ending in September. We are very giving with our income. I can't even tell you how many friends and family we have helped out in tough times. We've helped his son get started in a small business. We pay half my parents rent and his ex wife is going through chemo so we've been helping her. Plus! We have 2 medical insurances that we pay for (and I mean pay for) because our daughter has bad asthma, but now after years of not having to pay co-pays (because we buy 2 medical insurances) we are hit upside the head with co-pays now. Office visits and medications. Food prices are going up and up. Everything is going up in price..but they want you to live on less money. I've been telling my Hubby for awhile now that it won't be long before they dip their greedy hands into our 401K. I feel it in my bones. I'm so sick and tired of the Gods of Congress who by the way WORK for us! Sitting untouchable upon their throne. OMG I now need a drink! or blood pressure meds.!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Pretty common to make 100 -150k a year doing unskilled work in a mine, perhaps 200 - 250k if u have a trade.
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

That is of course, provided you are a male. If you are female; you become one of those "job statistics" where they can give you a casual job with no benefits and manage to boost the job stats come election time...and that is even if you have a trade!

So yeah, provided you have a trade, are young or reasonably so, fit , know someone who already works there and are male ....you might be able to make the figures above.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisfitToy
Pharoah Obama? Seriously?

I'm no huge fan of the President, but you do realize that Congress votes on and passes laws, including tax laws, don't you? The POTUS merely signs them or vetoes them. Junior high civics dude.

Do you blame the gas station attendant for high gas prices as well as the "Great Twinkie Crisis"?

That's funny, I was under the impression that these days when the Emperor wants a new law he just dons his Merlin cap, takes out the Want of Executive Orders, then just *ZAP* Magicks a new law into existance?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
After promising that he was only going to raise taxes "on the richest Americans," the President raised the social security tax by 2%. Thanks, Pharaoh Obama.

I make about 50K per year. Starting January 1, there's another $30 PER WEEK missing from my check.

We used to take the kids out to dinner once a week, because I have to work late one evening a week. We've already cut all other eating out and grocery expenses. So, we'll have to pack sack lunches for school for the kids, PLUS a sack-supper one night a week, since there's no money to get fast food...

Am I the only one who noticed this????

Obama has nothing to do with this. Zero zip nada.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's a tax break that was due to expire and it wasn't renewed. Why? Well the money has to come from somewhere.
And they were taking money from Social Security to pay for the tax break. So they let it expire.

And I'm in the same boat. I'm either bringing my lunch from home. buying dollar menu. or doing people favors so they can buy me lunch at work.

Blaming Obama for something that Congress did is just silly and misinformed. You know he's not the only guy on capital hill.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So the austerity vice is tightened one more turn. Its only one turn, right?

You just fell one more yard over the "fiscal cliff". Oh, you though it would be free fall speed?

The government can't pay its enormous debt on the budget without money. Since they refuse to cut spending, they have to raise taxes.

And prices.

And cut services.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cootie

I'm taking my 401(K) out now. Just waiting on the snail mail. I foresee financial doom ahead, and am willing to take the penalties.

Time to get out while the getting is good.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think people are blowing this out of porportion, but on the other hand when you don't make enough or even have no job at all, then every penny counts. Globalism brought trade deficits and wall street is happy, everyone else be dammed.

And unions are demonised to death.

Instead of raising more revenue with short sighted taxes(which then is wasted/misspent) they should look at ways of protecting what is left of the economy and trying real ways of stimulation.

In all honesty it seems hopeless though. Government is working against the people, not for them.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

So, am I the only person on ATS who has a job????

"Get used to it." Everyone who wants to say this in a post to me, needs to send me $30 a week from now on.

Hey, I feel for you, its the same everywhere.

Squeezed from all sides.

There are not many with real jobs here.

How can anyone who was registered here 14 months ago have 27,000 posts and a job at the same time.

Most that are telling you to stop being a baby are in moms basement playing the wee wee games stroking the joystick. They have no clue as mom and dad pay the bills.

The loser generation.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

In all honesty it seems hopeless though. Government is working against the people, not for them.

Unions are demonized to death because of their leadership, not the members.

As for the second part, you are spot on.

I would say that the union leadership is against the workers as well nowadays. They have become what they once were fighting against.

link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Cootie

I'm taking my 401(K) out now. Just waiting on the snail mail. I foresee financial doom ahead, and am willing to take the penalties.

I applaud you.

You can just smell the foul stench of being on the verge of losing everything you ever worked for, you smart TDawg for pulling it out, the alternative is not pretty.

Good on you.

link   
Removal of a temporary stop-gap measure does not equal a tax raise. I don't know why people can't understand this.

This is not a tax raise. This is a return to normal levels from an artificial low designed to spur economic spending.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So you don't mind paying your fare share of taxes, well I do exspecialy when they are used for stupid stuff. See the attached list of Pork Spending and you tell me that paying the extra $30 a week for BS like this is wrong.

Pork Spending

I really like the one about a deer underpass in Montana, Really what do they have there crossing guards so the deer can go under instead of over.

I really don't want to give any more than I have to, $30 x 52 weeks = $1560, I could use this on somethng better such as clothes for my kids, pay the winter heating bill ect.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

reply to post by Cootie

I applaud you.

You can just smell the foul stench of being on the verge of losing everything you ever worked for, you smart TDawg for pulling it out, the alternative is not pretty.

Good on you.

I just hope I filled the paperwork out right. Wow! Was that ever a pain in the butt.

I was pretty well diversified though and made out rather well. I sent the paperwork in last week. It might have been too late.

By the way, I pulled out of my other investments in 2007. Made out quite well.

Hmmmm...maybe I have a future as a broker?

edit on 21-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I would say that the union leadership is against the workers as well nowadays. They have become what they once were fighting against.

Unions are NOT against the workers. Business and government ARE!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But they do seem to be with this current Admin.

I've looked into this, and they do seem to be working hand in fist. One minute Trumka is assailing the Obama Admin, and the next he is praising it. What gives?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

reply to post by Cootie

I applaud you.

Good on you.

I just hope I filled the paperwork out right. Wow! Was that ever a pain in the butt.

I was pretty well diversified though and made out rather well. I sent the paperwork in last week. It might have been too late.

By the way, I pulled out of my other investments in 2007. Made out quite well.

Hmmmm...maybe I have a future as a broker?

edit on 21-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Yeah it is easy to make a quick buck playing the stock market. That is that the american way. Invest $10 today and get $100 tomorrow. Beats atlantic city and las vegas infinitely. Did you get any inside tips from the government? They are the best brokers of all.

Again workers be dammed!
edit on 21/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
30 bucks a week times 52 weeks is 1500 bucks a year the difference between eating and putting gas in ones car.

Yeah taxes did go up and yes those people who write those laws are rich ie congressman.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Market Watch, Business Insider and just talking to my buds and reading between the lines on the MSM webs.

Methinks that we are cruising for a bruising.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
I just wish I would have awoken to that fact a little bit earlier.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

But they do seem to be with this current Admin.

I've looked into this, and they do seem to be working hand in fist. One minute Trumka is assailing the Obama Admin, and the next he is praising it. What gives?

Probably cause obama fears the tea party more than he fears occupy. Just a wild guess on my part!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join