It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul returns $600k to the U.S. Treasury, AGAIN.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Address your OP and stop the diversions....

Why are you acting like Rand did something special when this is completely normal for congressmen to do? Plus he is extremely low on the list..... even a bunch of democrats were more fiscally responsible than him.

But you're in a cult, him breathing is magical to you.

edit on 21-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Why are you acting like Rand did something special when this is completely normal for congressmen to do? Plus he is extremely low on the list..... even a bunch of democrats were more fiscally responsible than him.

Well this is ATS, right wing haven. I mean, both sides bring up the dumbest points, but it always seems curious that threads trumpeting anything Republican ( hint: Tea party, Libertarian, Green, ALL branches of Republican ) are allowed to keep going and going despite them being shown and proven to be utter nonsense

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Everyone else that returned should join in with the "pomp and circumstance" because more people knowing who gave back will probably put pressure on others to give back as well.

Leading by example says I.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is not in response to anyone in particular, but bear with me.

Does anyone not think that it is possible that with all the corruption and money gotten through bribery (ahem...I mean campaign contributions) that most politicians "give a little back" just to make themselves look all respectable to the masses?

Just something I think is a possibility, so kinda senseless to argue over which political party or politician cares more for the common man.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Nothing more. No clue why the dude is almost worshiped.

You no say this, the great and powerful Rand Paul will not be pleased with this, No confuse great man with underlings that follow. I kill 4 goats and give the blood to the ever powerful father, Ron Paul that he may forgive what you say, we go now, to make praise and to eat upon the bread the great Rand has given unto us.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by eLPresidente

How is the OP and Rand Paul shown to be BS? What he did was factual and what I said was factual.

Your OP...

Originally posted by eLPresidente
On top of the 500k he returned two years ago. Who says conservatism is bad? Shouldn't more politicians follow this example?

You forgot to mention that the most Senators DO give money back and that most of those give far MORE back than Rand Paul does...and half of those that gave more back than Rand Paul were Dems! But he is the only Senator holding self-agrandizing press conferences about it.

I'd like to see HIM follow THIER example and not stage a press conference to congratulate himself for returning unspent public funds that didn't belong to him in the first place.

Does that answer your question?
edit on 21-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?

You quoted something I said. None of it was false, you only told yourself it was false to make your point.

B.S. = bull#, no? Bull# usually means people making things up or lying. Where did I make something up? Where did I lie?

I posed a question that conservatism was a good thing and that other politicians should follow the example of CONSERVATISM. Rand Paul's CONSERVATISM, anybody's CONSERVATISM.

Does logic really escape ATS members this badly nowadays?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Oh so you're going to conveniently ignore my post calling you out for your lies.

I addressed my OP just fine with indigo5, he and I can have our own conversation and I seriously don't think he needs you to be his knight in shining armor. I also addressed you as well.

Stop changing the topic and attacking me and start confidently defending the accusations that you made. You can't, because they're full of crap. Anybody that digs into your first post in this thread will know that you're full of crap (except for the Iran sanctions, which is actually debatable but not something I agree with).

Are you ready to bring up Aquabuddha yet?

edit on 21-2-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Oh so you're going to conveniently ignore my post calling you out for your lies.

Nothing I said in my post was a lie as ummmmmmm, it was all Rand Paul videos or news articles of things he factually did.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

reply to post by Indigo5

Young Master Paul's self proclaimed greatness is only going to get worse.

I'm ashamed to say that my state of Texas has sent Ted Cruz to the Hill.

Cruz and Paul are in competition to out crazy each other.

The winner takes the Koch brothers endorsement and the big wads of cash that goes with it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

The winner takes the Koch brothers endorsement and the big wads of cash that goes with it.

And their delusional followers actually think Cruz or Randy is in it to "help the people' or "restore America".

So sad that people are so brainwashed into actually believing it. All they want to do is instill a corporate tyranny in this country. I don't want to go back to the 1800's where there are no regulations and workers are murdered by private armies if they attempt to unionize.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Rand is nothing like his father. Will never be. In fact he's just like one of those second or third generation spoiled rich kids who bask in the glory of the one who built the empire from nothing. But they love the glory and remind everybody of their own fake greatness - just because they were lucky enough to be born to the right parents.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, as always. Anywhere you look it's not the people who actually do the work that get promoted and appreciated, but rather those that appear to be working and at the same time are the loudest in self-congratulating and letting everybody know how great they are. Just like the news, when you repeat something often enough it becomes reality to those who are exposed to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join