It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please answer my question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have sent U2U's to several people (mods) and cannot get a direct answer, in some instances, I get zero response at all. I think that's a little rude, but that's beside the point. I know they are busy.

All I want to know is, how do you get "Writer" status?

Simple question. Point me to a link, whatever. I have searched, read and participated in the Short story forum, which does not require Writer's status, but then I see contests like the one posted today that requires current standing of Writer to participate.

Someone?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Win a writing contest. There is currently one going on that I will have to dig up a link for in a minute ( computer maintenance going on ATM that is limiting my ability to open more than one tab ) - or be a member in good standing for at least 6 months and then ask for the status from a moderator.

Asking, however, is no guarantee of getting - just that it will be discussed and considered.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you so much for the reply. I have entered some contests, but not been lucky enough or I suppose good enough to win (yet!). One I entered very late, but gave it the old college try anyway.

I missed this announcement, however.

As for asking a mod, is there a particular mod? I understand there is no guarantee. I would rather try to compete and win, but asking more for curiosity sake than anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Consider a mod asked.

I'll table it for discussion in a few minutes and send out some PM's. All I ask is one favor. I tend to get absent minded after I've done the footwork on these things. ATS is such that there is usually a distraction or fire to put out somewhere. So please U2U me in a couple of days if I haven't messaged you before then.

Fair enough?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Understood and fair enough. I know you have a plate full, and not in any rush.

Thank you again for the prompt replies.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Masqua can also be contacted about writer status. He's the overall boss of the story boards.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
I have sent U2U's to several people (mods) and cannot get a direct answer, in some instances, I get zero response at all. I think that's a little rude, but that's beside the point. I know they are busy.

All I want to know is, how do you get "Writer" status?

Simple question. Point me to a link, whatever. I have searched, read and participated in the Short story forum, which does not require Writer's status, but then I see contests like the one posted today that requires current standing of Writer to participate.

Someone?
Join the crowd my questions were too ignored,guess now this is a tabloid,all about advertisement

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Well isn't that a lovely accusation?

I just checked. I don't see anything you've sent to the Staff forum and in looking at your posts I didn't find any questions put to the staff. If you'd care to post your question here in this thread or start a new thread in this forum, or send something to the Staff forum, we'll attempt to get an answer for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Masqua can also be contacted about writer status. He's the overall boss of the story boards.

He was the first person I sent a U2U. He actually was my encouragement to post my first short story, even though it was only a couple of days before the deadline.

It broke the ice for me, and I felt a lot more comfortable after that participating. I was thrilled to find out you didn't need Writer's status for the Short Story forum and contests.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

hi Liberty,

In order to gain writer status, you'll need to either win a contest, or have at least 5 submissions within the writing forums.

We don't want to provide the status to those who just want to participate once and then not again. So if you'd like you can enter this month's writing contest, get a few submissions in and then we can discuss providing you with status at that point.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you, I will surely enter more! I enjoy it, and love reading other stories, as well.

Thanks ao much, everyone!

new topics

top topics

join