It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the first time in history, can a woman do this???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
But can she PARK?

I was just about to ask if she could parallel park!

Sorry ladies,just a joke.

Good for her,she deserves it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I'm not into watching cars driving around in circles, but if she causes accidents while putting on make-up and talking on the cell phone, I am so there!
Yea, I love this discussion, the roundy-rounders, F1 comparisons, rally drivers, etc, etc.. these are different animals here and I will explain it. First, F1, Nascar racecars are BASED on productions cars, they are heavy, have NO active aerodynamics, active suspension, no on board telementary or computers, are pushrod engines, not DOHC, and the limits go on and on, this is to put the race in the drivers hands literally, A major tech advantage does not exist in stockcars. Second, rally, automobile motorcross is exciting to watch, but do not run at near the stockcar speeds nor run in huge packs where the other cars dictate your strategy, no AWD, turbos, etc. Third, You can see all of the action on an oval track, not so on a road course. Fourth, Mansel and Montoya did NOT win any Nascar Cup race in their rookie years, It took Montoya 3 years to win his first Nascar race and Mansel never won a cup race in his life, therefore, nice try, If F1 drivers were so much better, they would dominate this sport, but they very rarely win any races here, even on the roadcourse races Nascar has twice a season, they are the same tracks but difficult to drive stock cars that the F1 elite cannot seem to master, Montoya, 6 years, 2 wins, that is 214 races in the easy roundy rounder series that aunt Lilly can master at will, How would these F1, rally, etc react if a woman were to make progress in their male dominated series? This is just great to see, and remember, on the track, they all weigh in at the same with the driver in the car, no advantage to smaller frame drivers, Just wanted to set the record straight....

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Congrats to Danica and her team on an 8th place finish in the Daytona 500. our thoughts are with the injured fans and hope for a speedy recovery. Now the focus is onward to the season to be the first woman to win a cup level race. This difficult sport is no cakewalk for the seasoned veteran, But as a full season rookie, I bet she wins at least 1 race and look forward to the rewriting of the record books. Glad racing season is here, been a long winter.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join