It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You an Artist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My intent for this thread was to encourage others to acknowledge their talent. I believe when we do we release creativity within us. When we acknowledge others we boost their confidence. I am many things, son, husband, father, brother, writer, painter, poet, teacher, pastor, veteran, etc, and I am also an artist.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by venkman13

Look for the more independent weekly papers as a place to start.

The cat theme would offer an amazing variety of experiences. I thought it would be cool to do a plastic grocery bag proudly carrying food home from the store only to be used to line the garbage waste can and then escapes from the garbage can and blows about city streets narrowly escaping being run over to end up stuck on a chain link fence. Just when he feels like he is in the clear someone grabs him and uses him to pick up their dogs waste.

Let your passion fuel your creativity!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Hahaha hey that's a good idea right there! I might just have to use that.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by venkman13

Go for it. I would love to see what you come up with. I love all forms of creativity and I exercise my mind all the time. I will be 65 on March 9th but I have not allowed myself to grow up. I still marvel at things and laugh and giggle. The highest praise I can receive is when people accuse me of not being dignified and not acting my age.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I didn't have an uploaded piece in the previous post..but do now.
Although I do a few different things to satisfy my artistic bug....(wall murals, decorated cakes, painting, etc.), one of my favorites is photorealistic drawing.

Here's one I did for a good friend, as a Christmas present. His grandfather had passed that year, and I was able (through his wife) to get a wartime pic of him, to use as a base for the drawing. The photo was maybe 3", but the drawing below is 8"x10" (makes it easy to frame)...I use a variety of pencils on Strathmore Bristol Board paper.

Here's one of the walls of one of the murals I've done. The little girl wanted a combination of realistic sea animals and undersea characters.

Here's one of the cakes. Everything but the plastic crowns holding up the cake lid, is edible. For gems, I used those jeweled candy pacifiers, gold wrapped chocolate coins, candy necklaces, etc. Pirate themed party.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

WOW! I haven't been back for a couple days and missed seeing your post. You have a wonderful talent! How long did it take to do the cake? Your talent embraces a wide range of mediums. I say with all sincerity, "You are an artist!"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Nice thread, I like that someone wants to encourage artistic talents and for people to acknowledge them.

I am an oil painter, but pay my bills with work I generally dont enjoy. I sell pieces from time to time and never give up. Lately my work has changed style AGAIN and am now doing almost purely insanely colorful chunky abstracts (so hard to put words to what just happens, right?) but am loving every single second I am inspired, and when a painting is "underway". The end product is awesome, yes, but I LOVE to create it more than enjoying the end product now. But now I am also hitting such a sweet spot on some pieces they seem to just suck me in.

It finally happened for me I think. I hit a point where I cant look back anymore since I'm moving forward so fast. I have probably created almost 100 pieces in just over a year and the range is pretty big I think. I'm hoping to get out my camera and get some pics and post a thread here soon, I'd love some input from anyone who likes images and color.

My main goal has been to get at least 2 full shows of gallery worthy paintings ready, then approach and find a local gallery to rep me (hopefully higher end, but I wont stress too much if i end up working my way to the bottom, I've heard there's other cities besides my own with galleries).

But thanks for the forum to talk about something I love with an insane passion, quite a pleasure
SnF for everyone on me!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I would love to see your work! I get in those wonderful manic phases where I just want to work and work. I have learned to go with the flow. When it is there I go with it and when it isn't I rest. I just completed a raw native american inspired wall hanging and have jumped to making lapel pins out of computer boards, camera and watch gears and wheels. I share your joy of the passion. Never give up! Create and recreate!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle

I would love to see your work! I get in those wonderful manic phases where I just want to work and work. I have learned to go with the flow. When it is there I go with it and when it isn't I rest. I just completed a raw native american inspired wall hanging and have jumped to making lapel pins out of computer boards, camera and watch gears and wheels. I share your joy of the passion. Never give up! Create and recreate!

Well I posted some of my older stuff, you can check it out by clicking my signature.

Hopefully I'll be inspired enough tonight to either start some new work, or finish up a almost complete piece, work has just been so draining and lately it's got me a bit depressed.

Making cool things with old found objects is pretty fun and helps me get out of a slump, that or making critters out of Fimo

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I looked at your posted pieces and I love them. I echo what so many have said to you. You have a wonderful talent and I hope you continue to express yourself!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I create Art because I want to be there, feel it, smell it ,hear it , touch it , be it, when I'm finished its like the peak of having sex and always a one night stand.. the day after I can never tell If it had satisfied me , because I forgot how the end felt....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join