It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You an Artist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yep, I went to art school, a whole 4 years in high (Very HIGH sometimes) school. That's all my parents could afford. That's ok. I had the same two art teachers for 4 years. Thanks Mr.s B and Thanks Mr A
They taught me that my art, was mine, but I should share it. Those classes we always full, and always fun, and surprisingly diverse. Now that I'm retired, it seems I have a lot of energy and the time to consume that energy and make some art out of it. I encourage all my grandkids to stay interested in the arts. I have a daughter that has finished 3 books, and now is on the hook for a 4th. My other daughter sings beautifully, and play the flute. My wife is very good at watercolors, and writes poetry. I don't paint, but I like to take what I do create, and if it looks like it needs some color, then that's how I roll, and if need be, I enhance it with digital software. I can remember sitting around the kitchen table when I ws about 5 or 6 with my brothers and we'd just draw.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was able to find a digital photo I took of a double rainbow at dawn near Star, Idaho. I tweaked and boosted the gamma intensity to get this result.

As He Promised

Is it art?
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Add title

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

My girlfriend (who's also an artist) and I have been looking at and discussing this image. As photography is a well established art form it could be said that is indeed art, but from your description, I gather you are implying that by 'adjusting' an original photograph - is it art?

Art is a creative process so again it could be argued that it is art as you created something purely in the process.

We also think though that for it to be a truly artistic expression, it is important to give the viewer as much information and clues as possible so by adding a title to the work it would add to the conception of the piece thereby compounding its artistic merit. Of course some artworks are titled 'untitled', this in itself is still a title and directs the viewer in a certain direction within their thought processes.

if this just sounds like some kind of arty pseudo babble, please forgive us- its very late here and we have been drinking!!

edit on 21-2-2013 by Severin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

It is titled " As He Promised" in reference to scripture that the rainbow was given by God as a sign of promise that he would never destroy the world again with water.

I too believe it is art but I know there are some who would disagree.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Add

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by yourmaker

Sadly, as much as I love music, I suck at making it!

ah I don't believe that

I'm starting to think that every single person has 100 melodies of their own floating in their heart and they don't even realize it because honestly when I started making these I had no idea where to begin.

It really all starts with one note.

Then you add another and it takes form, from there you're piecing together a whole like a puzzle that doesn't exist yet.

It exists as a concept in your mind upon hearing the first note and how it impacts you, or how you impact it, if that makes sense.

It's all patterns in time.
Creating the initial pattern from which a whole multitude of patterns can erupt spontaneously

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
For the Sensei !

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
For the Sensei !

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
For the Sensei !

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For the Sensei !

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
For the Sensei !

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
For the Sensei !

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some really cool work by my fellow ATS'ers here. I like to think that I'm an artist haha. I like to illustrate. And, sometimes paint when I can. I also enjoy writing when I can. Of course I wish I had more spare time to devote to my crafts, as that pesky 9 to 5 can get in the way. I recently started up a little webcomic called Reign Clouds: Reign Clouds

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by venkman13
Some really cool work by my fellow ATS'ers here. I like to think that I'm an artist haha. I like to illustrate. And, sometimes paint when I can. I also enjoy writing when I can. Of course I wish I had more spare time to devote to my crafts, as that pesky 9 to 5 can get in the way. I recently started up a little webcomic called Reign Clouds: Reign Clouds

Nice stories man, i got pretty hooked reading them

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Wow, thank you so much Severin.. You have no idea how much that means. Especially from a fellow ATS'er.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by venkman13

Nice job and well captioned. I really like it and plan on showing it to my son who is also an artist. Have you sold any yet because they sure look marketable to me!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Thanks so much, greyeagle. Means a lot. I'm aiming to get more frequent with adding new comics. I plan on self publishing a paperback collection once I get far enough in the storyline, like a volume 1. I'd be glad to send you and your son a free copy then.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by venkman13

That would be really cool! Have you thought of perhaps submitting to a local newspaper or magazine? You just keep at it and your chance will come. I have a good feeling about it!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yea that's a good idea. I've thought about that. I need to find some local mags and newspapers to submit to. I'm in the Philly area. It really makes me glad that you like it and think it could get some good exposure. I'm definitely going to explore a few different publication types. It can be overwhelming because you don't even know where to begin. I've submitted on a few webcomic sites but of course there's so many talented people on those forums with so many good comics, you almost feel lost in the mix. I've got another one I'm thinking about launching too that is about where your cats go when they leave the house. Basically a cartoon where they can talk and meet up in alleys and stuff with all kinds of cat drama haha.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm an artist.
I have sold my work, and I do have a couple of pieces in museums, but that isn't how I define myself as an artist.

I've always been one. My mother has sketches I've done ever since a small child (they are horrible things, of course, but art nonetheless)...

I enjoy the creative process, and sharing my art with others. I just wish I had more time for it. Now, my wife and I have our own place, and we still can't find the time to do the murals we so much want to do around the house.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join