It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite superhero moment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Can't beat "Kick-Ass" and the strap on twin rail- gun jetpack scene set to "Glory, glory hallelujha". Classic.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I have never been able to resist the Super hero singing combo.

Leave it to Captain Hammer to ruin a pretty good dastardly plan. One of my personal favorites.

Penny

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

My fav superhero moment didn't happen! I faithfully watched Smallville for years, waiting for young Clark to put on that darn costume for the first time. They never showed him in a clear shot. I was sooo disappointed.

Oh, I guess I have to add this: No, I'm not gay.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Definitely, Death of Superman. When Superman tells Lois how much he loves her, then turns to face his imminent death, knowing full well all the while he would likely die. Iconic, and it still gives me chills.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this beforehand
www.youtube.com...

That is... if Kong can be considered a superhero

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here's a moment we never got to see.

In Superman Returns, Superman going back to Krypton....

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I jumped around and screamed like a small child when I read this next panel, it was so awesome.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Naynaychandler because: picture had incorrect link

edit on 14-5-2013 by Naynaychandler because: MOAR PICTURES

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

just found this thread FUN

had to reply because i JUST re-read secret wars!

classic marvel comics goodness...

one of my favorites is also from Secret Wars...

forgotten Marvel Comics Bad-Guy "Molecule Man" drops AN ENTIRE MOUNTAIN RANGE
on the good team

the hulk CATCHES IT!

everybody is trapped in a knee high crawlspace in the dark while the hulk complains that he cant hold this sucka very long...

captain america revives reed richards, he takes pieces from ironmans armor, he takes spideys web shooters, he fiddles around a bit..

the hulk complains some more (this is smart hulk, they've played a lot with his intelligence level)
So Richards insults him, telling him that hes better offf as a mindless animal and that he doesnt need whats left of his brains anyhow.

hulk gets angry, and the only thing he has to use his muscle on is the MOUNTAIN RANGE...

a few more seconds are bought.

finally human torch and Ms marvel are used as battery inputs for a redesign of iron mans repulsors, each hero gives all the juice they got, Rhodey (not tony stark) fires the repulsors and BLAMMO

the heros are free

of course the heros tend to win...

but in the 1970s when i was reading this i cant tell you.... PINS AND NEEDLES

we had to wait a WHOLE MONTH TO FIND OUT

ahh

good times
edit on 26-5-2013 by uwascallywabbit because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
also for the younger fans...

everything old looks a little hoky (excepting The Wild Bunch perhaps)

but Secret Wars is awesome for many reasons... it kicked off the whole epic crossover thing, and its also where Spidey first ever got THE BLACK SUIT.....

now on the INDIE side... anyone know THE INVISIBLES?

the "initiation" of the Brazilian Witch "Lord Fanny" is almost too great to share casually...

meaning if i tell you that a young person is initiated across time in a magical act that intruduces him/her to the lords of death and crosses 20 years of time... it wont do the work any justice...

in the tale a LONG line of brazilian witches is ALMOST interupted when only sons are born to the latest generation... Granma, some scary old bone in the nose lady that can curdle milk with a glance decides to raise the youngest boy as a girl, to fool the spirits, and continue the line...

so theres a time when the young person is to become a "witch" and she (he? damn it gets confusing) is introduced to the lords of death, who decide to keep her, rather than let her return to earth with the powers of a witch... she tells them a joke, the king of death laughs, and says that he likes the little boy/girl, but that she still owes..

years later when the witch is almost overcome in an attack from the bad team, the "timeless" nature of the initiation rears, and the witch finds herself again in front of the boney king of death, and being reminded of the debt, simply offers her attacker..

the events in the tale are NOT AS AWESOME as reading the tale

as the reader follows the character through a magical awakening, the reader is allowed access to a version of an awakening process of their own..

the writer is a fan of Robert Anton Wilson and this is a technique that RAW explored in prose...

i havenet finished INVISIBLES yet. theres still one or 2 graphic novels to go ... im saving them for a rainy day because theyre that good.

edit on 26-5-2013 by uwascallywabbit because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For me, and this may be a little off of the super-hero radar, but for me it has to be Neo taking on the hundreds of 'Smiths' in the second matrix. Yes, it is heavily digitial, but I just love it.

edit on 26-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by uwascallywabbit

Glad to see another Secret Wars fan. I remember that issue: "Buried beneath one hundred and fifty billion tons stands the Hulk -- and he's not happy!" Good stuff. Although I never understood why The Thing and Thor didn't at least try to help support the mountain. Also, it's been a while, but didn't the Hulk get his arm broken during that series? I forgot how it happened.

Hey, did you ever read "The Death of Captain Marvel" graphic novel? I must confess, that brought a tear to my eye, and I wasn't even a big Captain Marvel fan.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Seeing as how this is in TV.....

One of my favorite "super" heroes growing up...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All of Hellboy.

Hellboy, Hellboy II, Hellboy III.

I want the Hellboy channel and I want Ron Perlman hosting shows about the making of Hellboy. I want Niles to take us through his first days swimming. I want to design the first Hellboy cape. Then I want to be on a show where Ron Perlman puts it on me and declares me the first and only Hellgirl. And I'd get a special arm and horns and it's time for my therapy session now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join