It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon & Jupiter Conjunction From Australia - Photo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great picture and pictures. Thanks!

This could also be done using a technique called Focus Stacking. It derives from deconvolution

You have a stack of pictures of roughly the same motive.
Computer algorithms then find the best focused part in each picture, then stitch these parts into a new picture.

edit on 21/2/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Yes,those would be Jupiters moons!
I've recently been looking at it through my own scope from home and I love being able to see the moons. Knowing that they're so far away yet seem so small to us (and they're actually MASSIVE) is breathtaking.
That's why I got my own scope, I love to look at images like this (manipulated or not)! Having my own lets me view this from my own backyard (weather permitting!)

I have a small spotting scope I use mostly for bird watching, but when I look at Jupiter through it can see the moons. They are really beautiful to see. shining bright like diamonds. Stunning.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
That "photo" is a highly manipulated work of art. Beautiful nevertheless. But yea, come on, you cant see the craters on the moon quite like that with the naked eye, giggle, so how is there trees in the photo, with a telescoped moon peeking out? Good stuff. Im not a photographer, and Ive never been fortunate enough to go to australia yet, but Im pretty sure the moons just as far away from the earth on their side as it is on ours here in England... so yea. art piece. not reallly photo.

I don't believe it is photoshopped, could be wrong, but, i don't.

I don't even have a great camera and can i zoom in and see the craters.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Absolutely beautiful ,Amazingly breath taking left me speechless & in awe of this brilliant star system!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Fantastic picture!!!

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think I may have seen this with the naked eye coming home from gym (9:30pm) the other night. I was taken by how vivid the demilune looked and was going to fire up the 'scope to take a closer look... but forgot

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Not sure if stated yet, I think its a pic of the moon through a telescope then has the landscape and trees CGI'ed in after the pic was taken to create this stunning effect

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I too am from Aus and was amazed, i looked up and thought, thats quite odd, amazing but odd, does anyone know if this is normal?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Can you tell me what kind of scope was used for this?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I believe fiftyfifty explained how it was taken correctly. With a massive zoom lens the trees are way out on the horizon and the moon looks huge. Giving it an optical illusion effect. I posted the EXIF data from the photo earlier.

I have another example of the moon looking huge with no altering of the photo taken by local photographer David McColm near me in Whistler. Only powerful zoom very far away from the ski lifts giving the same illusion. This one was not enhanced at all.

edit on 23-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but it looks more like artwork (using photos) than a real photo. How can you explain the fact that you can see both the sunlit and the shadowed halves of the Moon so well in one photo? Shouldn't the Moon look yellow being so close to the horizon?

P.S. unless it's an HDR image, but that would still make it not a real photo
edit on 23-2-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join