It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This $#!% Isn't Even Logical!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Alright, so after extensive searching on ATS forums and Google I have decided to make a thread about my peculiar ailment, regardless of how embarrassing it might be.

It started about a year ago, I was just sitting down playing Call of Duty and I felt like I had went Number 2 in my pants. Startled, I got up and made a beeline for the bathroom and checked, thankfully nothing was there, I shrugged it off and went back and started playing. A few moments later the sensation returned. This has been going on almost constantly since, I've coined the strange sensation as "The Phantom S#%$s", and recently it's begun to really kick into high gear. The only times I don't get this sensation is for a few hours after my morning shower, then its pretty much there all day after that.

There's no smell, it doesn't even smell like I farted and when I DO fart, it smells like it should. I've never had a history of any sort of ailment in that region before besides the occasional hemorrhoid, and I know what those feel like.

I want to get to the bottom of this (pun not intended) and figure out what could be causing this and if there's anyone else experiencing this bizarre symptom. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
why not see a doctor instead of asking ats ?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
See a Doc. Who knows you may have Chrones Disease.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
IBS possibly or maybe a food intellerance

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

Do you ever get stomach cramps? If so, you may have Crohns or Ulcerative Colitis.

If you don't get cramps, you may just have a problem with your sphincter. Everyone has two. The main external one that you can hold poo in with and the one right before that. Usually when you have to go really bad, poo will slip past the first sphincter and then you are holding it in with your external one. Maybe the first one has somehow decided to be unpredictable and makes you feel like you and going when you are not.

Either way, go to the gasto doctor if you can.

Everybody poos. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Diarrhea?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

The only time I'll get stomach pains is if I'm a moron and drink a mountain dew after my breakfast cereal but as far as the symptoms go for Chrone's Disease or IBS, I don't exhibit any. Just a really odd sensation.. it's like if you took a tiny pillow and tucked it between your buttcheeks. There's a presence there that's incredibly difficult to explain

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Call of Duty scared the crap outta you!

But seriously, see a doctor. Could be something minor or could be a big problem. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This RN tells you to see a DR. Get a Colonoscopy and possibly a ct of the abdomen among other tests a DR may prescribe. I will not go into any possibilities of what it could be. They are too numerous, and that is for a DR to say. Any time your body does something it is not supposed to [including phantom "somethings"] there is a cause. Some not so bad, and others not so good. Waiting is never the best option. Ignoring symptoms is never wise.
Sometimes we just have go do it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Found this on a message board, apparently it's a bit more common than I would have guessed. Hope it helps!

www.apparelyzed.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound gross, But sometimes after I pee it seems like something is stuck into the "on" position.
After I finish the task I still feel the sensation of urination well after the deed.

Sensation of urination

It just sounds funny.
edit on 2/20/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Do you have any back problems? Have you noticed any other sensations, numbness or tingling in the area? Urinary problems? Trouble starting? Stopping? Retention? Signals knowing when you have to go?

Check out a link for cauda equina syndrome, as well as a chart on dermatomes.

Here is a good image.

www.backpain-guide.com...

If you have had a back injury, either in the lower, or lumbar area, or the tailbone, get thee to a neurologist. Otherwise, a general practitioner can usually diagnose you, or refer you to the apporopriate physician.

Meaning, if it isn't spine or nerve related, it could be any number of other things, and you could spend tons of money going from a gastro to a proctologist to who knows where. Start at the GP, and take their advice. If you have a history of spine problems, see him for a referral to a good neurologist if you don't have one.

Cauda equina is no joke, I have it. It is a nightmare to live with.

edit on 21-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

sharting is a potentially dangerous event.

I would suggest you change your diet and try to go early in the morning. Drink some coffee, eat some bread and wait for it. When you open up be ready for the quick trip to the bathroom.

I think you may skip breakfast and so you do not have a regular bowel movement later.

You need to get that stuff out of your system early in the day.

again, sharting is neither farting or Sh**ing. It is a demon spawn of both.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you guys read what the OP said, he is saying that he isn't actually crapping his pants. It just feels like something is there.

It is very strange indeed, not sure what I would do in your situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Go and see a gastroenterologist. That is the only was you will know that you are dealing with it appropriately and not ignoring or masking a potentially significant health problem.

new topics

top topics

join