It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurkers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

When I joined, I never posted an intro. They weren't the rage then, or they didn't get many new members. Either way, I didn't even know about intro's until it was waaay too late!

Now, I am just too old to bother. I have seen the "late" intro's and thought about it, but... nah. Heheh.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I lurked.

I wasn't sure I wanted to dive into the ATS pool and be called a CTer or a loony or be on some watch list.

Then later I realized everyone, everywhere is on a list so I felt better about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

I lurked around for a really long time before I joined- so long that I can't quite remember for sure exactly when I started lurking. I was (and still am) extremely paranoid about putting my business out on the internet, as once it's out there it's on the internet somewhere forever. I don't do Facebook or any of the other "social network" sites that most people do without thought for fear of my personal info being publicly displayed. One day something in me just clicked- ATS is just like my own circle of friends and family. Yeah- there are those like me (uber paranoid) and those like some of my uncles (stick it to "the man"). There are people like my best friends (helpful and supportive) and those like my crazy cousin (gets on my last nerve but love him because he's family). The day that it all clicked for me is the day I finally joined. ATS is my family, I just didn't realize it before then.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I lurked also for a few years. Then I thought it is about time I contributed. I didnt do an intro as well. Even doing threads, I think of one and someone has already done it. There are some here right on top of the news. I dont have time to do that and that is probably why I lurked ,I didn't have anything to add but the info was great.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not really, i lurk for a long time before i join. Like ATS, i was not sure if it was a conspiracy site or a general chat site. After lurking for a while i discovered that it was not a conspiracy site at all but cool place to talk about different things, so i joined.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi my name is Rival and I am a lurker....

(crowd responds...Hi Rival...)

Thanks. When I first started using this site it was just a little at a time. I mean...I wasn't
really a user. I just needed a little breaking news to get by, ya know? And, of course, I
was worried about the association---I didn't see myself as a conspiracy theorist, and I
didn't want other people to know I was using a site like this.

So I hid it my usage for awhile. I just made sense to me. I didn't want the DHS or FBI or NSA
or CIA or whatever knowing I was using, and god forbid my parents or in-laws found out...
I would have been mortified.

But then I decided one day to just "come out".

My name is Rival, and I am a conspiracy theorist....and that is my story

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Of course on the flip side of the "i have been lurking" a long time crowd you have the "i have been posting" a long time crowd. These people usually think they can avoid facing the fact that they are wrong on any given issue by changing the subject to the registered date.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Most people lurk because they don't want to get bashed if they say something wrong. Or if they don't have correct grammER or whatever. You say the wrong thing here and u get burnt to a crisp
.....If it were a more open and easier on those of us who have eyes that see but lack the education or writing skills then u might have more info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join