It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playstation 4 Revealed - Live Stream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Live Stream

Edge Online - Info
Enjoy!
edit on 2/20/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Nice. Thanks for the link!
Watching now.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wonder how much it'll cost. Better start saving up now. No doubt it'll be expensive as hell. 600 bucks is my guess. Maybe 500 for a "light" version.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Watched it.
Confirmed rumours about hardware and in my opinion it sucks.
- Weaker CPU than PS3 (radical architecture change (and not for the better), med-end pc cpu...) preventing ps4 from having ps3 "real" (I mean by "real": "Not by streaming") retrocompatibility (it would just be impossible to emulate a cell with a such CPU, despite the fact that other componnent are better than ps3)
- Online, clouding, social, far too much put in the top of the rest. I even question the potential presence of a physical support after hearing the conference.
- Demonstrated games nicer, but not that much
- In the end, after all the trolling the wii u was victim of because of it's low specs, ps4 is better, but not that much, at least not as much as many would have expected, and both remains fairly comparable with the other one, that's kinda sad.
- Diablo 3 ? LOL !
- PS4 games streaming on vita / ps4 control with vita... Cmon... no one wants your vita sony, please stop trying to force us to buy it, and accept the fact it failed.
- They remained silent about some critical potential deal-breaker points (pricing, online services pricing policies, ps1/2 retrocompatibility, physical support, and their approach about the used-games market.

Well, short version, it's starting to smell a bit fishy if you ask me.
Still curious to see how long the streaming cloud will last anyway, and how much people will complain of it because of their (or sony's... since there can be many people wanting to stream in the same time, it makes many streams to manage, so, huge bw for the backbone (or crappy perfs)) connection not being strong enough to handle it

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Doesnt look much better than the ps3 imo

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Watch Dogs looks nice, but how are they gonna impress us with the system?

only big difference is that graphic on some exclusive games are good, normal play is like CGI movie.

too much yap yap about network and Vita.

PS3 is still god.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I agree with you with watchdogs... Not my kind of games at all, but it's the only one of the demonstrated games that impressed me a bit with its graphics.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Watched it.
Confirmed rumours about hardware and in my opinion it sucks.
- Weaker CPU than PS3 (radical architecture change (and not for the better), med-end pc cpu...) preventing ps4 from having ps3 "real" (I mean by "real": "Not by streaming") retrocompatibility (it would just be impossible to emulate a cell with a such CPU, despite the fact that other componnent are better than ps3)
- Online, clouding, social, far too much put in the top of the rest. I even question the potential presence of a physical support after hearing the conference.
- Demonstrated games nicer, but not that much
- In the end, after all the trolling the wii u was victim of because of it's low specs, ps4 is better, but not that much, at least not as much as many would have expected, and both remains fairly comparable with the other one, that's kinda sad.
- Diablo 3 ? LOL !
- PS4 games streaming on vita / ps4 control with vita... Cmon... no one wants your vita sony, please stop trying to force us to buy it, and accept the fact it failed.
- They remained silent about some critical potential deal-breaker points (pricing, online services pricing policies, ps1/2 retrocompatibility, physical support, and their approach about the used-games market.

Well, short version, it's starting to smell a bit fishy if you ask me.
Still curious to see how long the streaming cloud will last anyway, and how much people will complain of it because of their (or sony's... since there can be many people wanting to stream in the same time, it makes many streams to manage, so, huge bw for the backbone (or crappy perfs)) connection not being strong enough to handle it

Weaker CPU;

I think you need to check your facts, the Cell is much less powerful than the CPU that's used for the new console.

and their approach about the used-games market;

Actually that's already been confirmed, used games will work on the new console.

www.digitaltrends.com...

In the end, after all the trolling the wii u was victim of because of it's low specs, ps4 is better, but not that much

You should compare the specs because the difference is vast.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

From a real time blog at the unveiling earlier this week...

6:38:46 PM EST
PS3 titles aren't natively supported on PS4.

...but

6:39:05 PM EST
But they're exploring 'advanced technologies' to make PS3 games available on any device.

Perfect world would include PS 1 & 2 support too...but I wouldn't hold your breath.
edit on 2/22/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join