It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is Finished

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Run normal hospitals, that actually mend patients, and are pro health. If one is on the hospice program with cancer, say, they are made as comfortable as possible, not just hurried along and starved or dehydrated into an even more torturous death.

Done all the time here. That is normal delivery of health care, and its done in accordance with population.

You want to crash civilized world and enter hellzones prematurely?

NOT ON MY WATCH.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

We have universal medical coverage. Its free on some provinces, and less than 100 in the others, each month.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My mother has Canadian investors. She told me how one remarked of the horrible health care in Canada, which is mandatory and sucks up a decent chunk of the taxes. This guy refused to send his elderly mother to a regular hospital, and opted to spend a lot of money on a good private hospital. He's convinced that, had he gone with the government's public healthcare, she would not be here today. I think he was trying to say the public policy wouldn't cover whatever procedure she needed.

This stuff is simply a reality. Healthcare is very expensive. The leading edge technology is expensive, the proper care is expensive, etc. Over time, better practices trickles down to the average individual, but we can't reasonably expect everyone to get top notch care. It's simply highly impractical.

So while your healthcare may not have some of these specific practices in place, it has others which you may not be aware of. Your healthcare has long been a joke to us Americans.

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by nomnom

You want to crash civilized world and enter hellzones prematurely?

A disgustingly unfounded accusation.

Shame on you!

edit on 20-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
This has been practiced since the beginning of time.

I'm not sure why anyone would object.

They are, as the article states, severely disabled.

Well I object' My grandad had food and fluids removed by his doctor and we never found out till a week later when he was dying.

he had his wits about him and was desperate for a drink, he knew they were killing him, his lips were cracked and all we could do was wet his lips, his finger nails were full of excrement where he was picking at his bottom because of constipation.
It was a slow lingering cruel death and ordered by a coward of a doctor.

If they want to end a life then at least have the guts to end it quick.

You do this to an animal and you will find yourself in court;.

Any doctor that removes food and fluid from any of my family, I can guarantee you now that doctor will join them.

I have right on my side,

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

This has been practiced since the beginning of time.

I'm not sure why anyone would object.

They are, as the article states, severely disabled.

Well I object' My grandad had food and fluids removed by his doctor and we never found out till a week later when he was dying.

he had his wits about him and was desperate for a drink, he knew they were killing him, his lips were cracked and all we could do was wet his lips, his finger nails were full of excrement where he was picking at his bottom because of constipation.
It was a slow lingering cruel death and ordered by a coward of a doctor.

You do this to an animal and you will find yourself in court;.

Any doctor that removes food and fluid from any of my family, I can guarantee you now that doctor will join them.

I have right on my side,

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

That's horrible.
Why were you not informed?

Agreed.

I have right on my side,

If it is without your knowledge and consent, then I tend to agree. That is, unless he had a living will which states he wanted differently.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This happens in the US also it is called hospice my mom was put on it last year they offer unlimited pain meds to ease the pain but remove all life saving measures which includes water, and nutrition. It is murder just the same starving to death and dehydration are no more humane than euthanasia, luckily we pulled the plug pun intended on the hospice and a surgeon decided to operate my mom is alive and well today. Give them water and sustenance if they make it good for them other wise the disease will run its course but dehydration is inhumane.

link   

Originally posted by homeslice
This happens because doctors are not allowed to euthanize in most countries. If they do they would most likely loose their jobs etc. Its sad, and shouldn't be happening but often there is probably not any other option. Until the world opens up to ideas of euthanasia for certain cases like these, this will continue to happen.

Edit - Most these babies - if kept alive would have to pretty much live in hospital, and if all of them were kept alive there would be no room in left in any neonatal wards.

My girlfriend is a Dr and has worked in many pediatric and neonatal wards, so I have heard lots of stories. It is quite disappointing when people constantly attack doctors - especially in situations like these. It honeslty must be one of the toughest jobs and so many people just take the access to hospitals and doctors for granted.
edit on 20-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

Nobody takes it for granted, we pay for it, but we are in a situation where doctors can only administer drugs, open up the market, most people are capable of treating themselves,#Its the monopoly on healthcare that Doctors have is the problem.

They are over paid for what they do, most doctors are useless

link   
reply to post by pavmas

Absolutely horrid. But not surprising which is very depressing to say. But I doubt it's all about the money. Ever hear people (like Bill Gates) say that depopulation is the only way forward? Well, what easier way then to start with those who can't speak?
edit on 20-2-2013 by Auricom because: Fixed link

edit on 20-2-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

That's horrible.
Why were you not informed?

Agreed.

I have right on my side,

If it is without your knowledge and consent, then I tend to agree. That is, unless he had a living will which states he wanted differently.

We live a bit away and the doctor told my dads brother that he was dying and would only last 2 days and ordered that food and fluids were removed, we were told 1 week later and could not believe a doctor had the power to order the death of an 94 year old man who was alert and even 1 week later was fully aware,

Its MURDER and cruel and ought to be stopped, I can see nothing humane in it at all..

If the person is dying then why the need to remove food and water?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Post natal is NOT abortion. And its not humane. Every single person born in this world is here for a reason. And sometimes the lessons aren't ours, but meant to impact others, and make them less selfish. Murder is murder no matter what condition a person has.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This world is changing so quickly.

I have worked in health care areas for a long time and remember a time when just about EVERYTHING under the sun was done for a sick baby.
Babies; children were looked at as something precious.

Today, babies are aborted at alarming numbers and now it looks like, hospitals are turning away sick babies as a drain on the system.

So so many children are abused today at alarming numbers and no one gives a damn.

I agree with you OP

We, as a human race, are going to wipe ourselves off this planet.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Post natal is NOT abortion. And its not humane.

Sure it is.

post·na·tal (pst-ntl)
adj.
Of or occurring after birth, especially during the period immediately after birth

1. (Medicine / Gynaecology & Obstetrics) an operation or other procedure to terminate pregnancy before the fetus is viable

Not murder at all. Abortion is not murder and what Dr. Kevorkian does is not murder either. Think of this as a pediatric Kevorkian.

Every single person born in this world is here for a reason. And sometimes the lessons aren't ours, but meant to impact others, and make them less selfish. Murder is murder no matter what condition a person has.

Well anyone can spew nonsensical new-age/religious crap to justify a moral position. If we are just going to start making things up, why stop there? Im sure you can make up something much better.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
I fully support post-natal abortions of severely retarded and disabled children, its the humane thing to do.

Today, they come for the retarded, sick

tomorrow they will come for you because you will be over 50 and no longer looked at as valuable.

Watch out who you judge as NOT good enough to live.

A time is coming when those over 50 are too old and a drain on the system.

You had better find a way to say young!!

good luck

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Artistic

oh gawd, really?

Today they execute murderers
Tomorrow they will come for people who drive to fast!

See how stupid that argument is? See how genuinely stupid it is?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

oh gawd, really?

Go read some books on the third reich ; nazi germany.

This is exactly how they operated.

Not much difference going on here.

Just a replay ; different dates

Today it is the disabled who are not good enough to live

tomorrow ; yes ; the old , the mentally ill, the undesirables

Read up on history

it will help you to be informed

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Imagine this, having to go for treatment for your loved ones, ensure the best most up to date, and caring treatment is delivered without any negligence. And then have to rescue your loved ones from the clutches of these satanic murders with weapons. And let me tell ya, no hesitation to serve and protect family if needed. The murderers lose big time. So people will be forced to break their family members out. Without any karma, the right thing to do, eh! Welcome to NWO butchering of health care. They've made it the Jokers dream of murder of innocents.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artistic

oh gawd, really?

Go read some books on the third reich ; nazi germany.

This is exactly how they operated.

Not much difference going on here.

Just a replay ; different dates

Today it is the disabled who are not good enough to live

tomorrow ; yes ; the old , the mentally ill, the undesirables

Read up on history

it will help you to be informed

Read up on good arguments and Goodwin's law. If you have to invoke Goodwin in your first response- you are doing it wrong. And your argument still stands no less stupid.
Hitler was voted into power, does the analogy still hold?
Today people are voting
Tomorrow they are going to KILL YOU!!!!!
see, dumb as they come.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
this is totally F'd up. I thought when the obama care debate was happening all the 'death panel' talk was extremist rhetoric.

I don't know if we have this in Australia, we have free health care as well.. but good mix of private and public imho. And its called the 'Liverpool Care Pathway / Death pathway' ?? THIS IS INSANE! WTF ! Sure most of the people are severely disabled or dying anyway... but let them die painlessly..... THROUGH DEHYDRATION AND STARVATION? That has got to be one of the worst ways to go.. I'd rather be shot.

This is absolutely absurd.. I used to think the NHS was one of the best things about the UK.

A death pathway. And cash bonuses for meeting 'targets' ? IE if they put a certain amount of people on a death pathway each year they get a funding boost.. And they question if the bonus has led to it being abused? This is ludicrous.. there should be a riot... you guys rioted over some crap a year or so ago but let this go?

I'm speechless. I don't think i've ever read of any so abhorrent happening openly in the west in recent times.

EDIT: It is used in Australia. ARGH!

link www.healthnetworks.health.wa.gov.au...
edit on 21-2-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

Edit:

Heres another news story..
www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is totally F'ked up.

on the wiki it says it is used on 'those deemed to be dying' ... in legal speak 'deemed' means that the person doesn't have to be literally dying, but will be considered to be dying at the discretion of the decision maker.
Does anyone know if this is codified by parliment? or is it act of the executive?

EDIT:

THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

THEY HAVE 'TESTIMONIALS' : www.liv.ac.uk...

'health care professionals' handbook: www.liv.ac.uk... .pdf

endoflifecare.co.uk... :

"Practitioners are free to exercise
personal judgment, but any alteration
to the LCP must be documented as
a variance. For example, it is possible
for patients to be entered onto the
LCP if a decision has been made to
continue intravenous/subcutaneous
fluids. Relatives frequently express
concern about a lack of fluid intake, but
a blanket policy banning or promoting
intravenous/subcutaneous hydration is
questionable. However, administering
fluids by these means may constitute an
unnecessary burden, particularly in the
last few days of life. Regular assessment
of this intervention is advised (National
Council for Palliative Care, 2005a,b)"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join