It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Horsemeat Makes its Way to European Union

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
[Bute causes adverse effects in humans (I want to say brain swelling) I believe. Not something you want to take.
edit on 20-2-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

Not really, its used on humans
www.iow.nhs.uk...

The risks and side effects are the same as other anti inflammatories.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just so we are all on the same page here.
We have established that there is zero health risk to eating horse meat.
So the actual "risk" comes from drugs that are illegal to be in meat in the first place

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Just so we are all on the same page here.
We have established that there is zero health risk to eating horse meat.
So the actual "risk" comes from drugs that are illegal to be in meat in the first place

Correct,any horse slaughtered that tested negative for substances banned for human consumption would be safe to eat and no different to eating beef or pork products.The controversy is the incorrect labeling and the lack of testing.

I have 3 horses,2 warm bloods and 1 thoroughbred ( dressage and show jumping ) if slaughtered they not test negative for bute.

I wait with interest to see if this goes as far as looking at the racing industry,lots of horses never make it the track.Those that do are well treated,those that don't usually end up sold and slaughtered.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I'm not really all that angry about this. I don't find it disgusting or unhealthy either. As I said, I would be willing to eat horse if I had the chance. However, I do think false advertising is wrong. The fact of the matter is they advertised it as beef when it really wasn't beef. If I bought a box of cigars and found out they had used crushed up bay leaves instead of tobacco I'd be pissed off, because I didn't get what the label told me I was going to get.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Been going on for years.......

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by leopardpimps
this is happening everywhere in the e.u personally i think its a false flag to distract us from some thing bigger

It's not a false flag just symptom of consumer demand for meat and unscrupulous suppliers who will provide it by hook or by crook.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

i would eat that

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Its obscene. The way TPTB treat life on earth and nature is beyond sickening. And then they blame the public. I won't eat horse and if someone did this, they should be behind bars.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

lets hope this raises awareness of the general public and is the first step in killing this industry.

if you can't afford to keep a horse, don't get one.

i'm glad this is in the news and let it be the end of killing horses for food.

i know that many people have no class or spirituality, and this way, they will have to stop wallowing in this crime, whether they want to or not.

good news for horses, bad news for evil humans.

the media is fulfilling a useful purpose here.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Here is the problem. It is not really in the media. I accidentally stumbled upon the second story in the OP deep in a blog I rarely if ever visit. After that I went googling. That is when I found the the first story in the OP and the story from 2011 that showed that horse meat was approved in a spending bill on the down low. I had never ever heard of that before, and trust me I follow the news. The first I had ever heard about horse meat being found in food was the few articles that were coming out of Europe a few days before my OP with the accusation that the meat was coming from Bulgaria iirc. Then I think the next day there was a little blip, hardly MSM saturation, regarding the Burger King contamination with the equine meat. No one that I know is aware of the practice here in the United States currently.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
While I'm not saying what they are doing is right, I am curious at what point in history did horse meat become taboo? It didn't used to be that way. Was it because we deemed them companions at some point ?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
While I'm not saying what they are doing is right, I am curious at what point in history did horse meat become taboo? It didn't used to be that way. Was it because we deemed them companions at some point ?

Like most things that do not make sense that people follow blindly you can blame this one on religion, but oddly enough this one actually comes from the catholics and not the church of environmentalism or alternative health.

www.igha.org...
In 732 A.D. Pope Gregory III began a concerted effort to stop this pagan practice, and it has been said that the people of Iceland were reluctant to embrace Christianity for some time largely over the issue of giving up horse meat. In some countries the effects of this prohibition by the Catholic Church have lingered, and horse meat prejudices have progressed from taboos to avoidance to abhorrence. Today, however, horse meat is commonly consumed in many European countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join