Trolls with multiple handles

page: 3
26
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by CaptainBeno
 


Even when I thought it was meant for me personally, I wasn't all that upset. If I was considered a legitimate troll, do you think my count would still exist? I have not yet unleashed my full powers on this website, and I don't intend to either. I may let the dog out for a short walk though...



As long as you Troll Faith, Religion,Theocratric Geekdom Im all IN for all comments even if in code 'vowels only rules'. The punctuation marks must be consonants though. Face down the accuser before they get their pants on (oh I might be trolling this thread, apologies all around in advance).
edit on 20-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
When people say they have looked at your post history via your profile and then accuse you of some nonsense - Its quite a disgusting feeling really. Was the same feeling I had when someone hacked my email. Obviously they are all posts that anybody can read but when someone intentionally goes through your posting history to pull you up on something it just seems wrong. I guess some people have short tempers and too much time on there hands.


Short tempers, how about a mile long fuse regarding you; I had to take time away from my formidible intellect (always in process) to troll for you with a 3 mile long gill net (everreaches, a waste water collection facility somewhere in CA ); I tracked you down because you are the essence of a 6 word one verb ???? liric refrain said to a mere 4 year old participant on my thread. You damaged that child for LIFE.
edit on 20-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the mods can figure it out. I can on my board.. pretty easily too.
I think what some are encountering is the fact that there are insane people on the internet and many times, idiots ( like pack animals) travel in herds.
Some in the lower rung will jump on a popular idea, regardless of how stupid it is in a thread, and back scratch eachother. Its not multiple accounts, just that stupidity loves company. The star system bears out my theory sometimes.


Example? A thread of mine was removed NOT due to the OP I wrote, but that folks will invariably start in with personal use stories. By that time its time for the thread to go. Its too time consuming for the mods to babysit, causes issues, and Id already made some fantastic private contacts and gained much information due to the OP itself. I was wholeheartedly okay with it. No problems. You know me.. I dont like to babysit threads anyway! I got what I needed. Mods did the job and I was told by the mod exactly what it was removed for. Done deal, no problems, move along.... right?
Nope... u2us arguing with me from some random newer member Ive never heard of before over WHY it was removed, what I said, what was what, even some things I didnt say.. and then telling me to stop emailing them.. when THEY emailed ME! ROFL! A mod told me WHY it was removed, which I already knew.. but somehow this member wanted to u2u me and go haywire and fight with me over why it was removed, fight with me over the mods excuse of why it as removed, wish ill on me, and seemed pissed off that I wasnt mad it was removed! Who really knows why.

The point? People are freakish.. individually and in groups.. they dont NEED multiple accounts... they just flock together sometimes and gather on threads and rub each others backs.
I thank God I can come here, chat with friends, read interesting stuff, and play.. and not have to mod this place. LMAO!



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 
It is amazing they can conspire to do as much. I even suspect the people with multiple handles give themselves stars and flags to bolster their rating and approval levels.

It is hard for the mods to control but in some cases it is too blatant to ignore.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Advantage
 
It is amazing they can conspire to do as much. I even suspect the people with multiple handles give themselves stars and flags to bolster their rating and approval levels.

It is hard for the mods to control but in some cases it is too blatant to ignore.



LOL! Yeah, thats happened.. and bans were issued accordingly. They catch it.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing
 


I honestly dont know what your on about. I posted once on your silly thread ages ago and you harp on about it like I am constantly posting in it. GET OVER IT and get over yourself.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I think the mods can figure it out. I can on my board.. pretty easily too.
I think what some are encountering is the fact that there are insane people on the internet and many times, idiots ( like pack animals) travel in herds.
Some in the lower rung will jump on a popular idea, regardless of how stupid it is in a thread, and back scratch eachother. Its not multiple accounts, just that stupidity loves company. The star system bears out my theory sometimes.


Example? A thread of mine was removed NOT due to the OP I wrote, but that folks will invariably start in with personal use stories. By that time its time for the thread to go. Its too time consuming for the mods to babysit, causes issues, and Id already made some fantastic private contacts and gained much information due to the OP itself. I was wholeheartedly okay with it. No problems. You know me.. I dont like to babysit threads anyway! I got what I needed. Mods did the job and I was told by the mod exactly what it was removed for. Done deal, no problems, move along.... right?
Nope... u2us arguing with me from some random newer member Ive never heard of before over WHY it was removed, what I said, what was what, even some things I didnt say.. and then telling me to stop emailing them.. when THEY emailed ME! ROFL! A mod told me WHY it was removed, which I already knew.. but somehow this member wanted to u2u me and go haywire and fight with me over why it was removed, fight with me over the mods excuse of why it as removed, wish ill on me, and seemed pissed off that I wasnt mad it was removed! Who really knows why.

The point? People are freakish.. individually and in groups.. they dont NEED multiple accounts... they just flock together sometimes and gather on threads and rub each others backs.
I thank God I can come here, chat with friends, read interesting stuff, and play.. and not have to mod this place. LMAO!


Just because a bunch of knuckle heads jump a thread is no reason to have it removed. I often think about this regarding mine. How do I corral them and not let them let it spin out of control. Short and sweet if identified as intentional thread killers. Play with them, probably because they do not have the wits to outlast you. I will tell you this, if you create a thread with all good intent to find or share information and some 'puke' for whatever reason tries to derail your OP then you have to dig the heels in and hope you have friends to pull you out. It is challenging when you have none. In my case the moderators are allowing a freeform free for all.

You must realize that the content of your posts, or thread are threatenning, and that is always a good thing. These types fear and so challenge in a most cowardly way (Nigerian Mobsters trying to steal your ideas now) and not trying to rob your Grandmother with outragious scemes of $25,000 fake check waiting (YOU WON THE SWEEPSTAKES) just need you to seed/send us the 200.00 processing fee Western Union. Do I have to be distracted by the immoral intent of the troller, ultimately to throw me off my GAME the answer is NO. What is the ultimate purpose for them, an adrenylin rush or are they out there to kill idea forms? I think it is the latter my friend and is diabolical in its evil.
edit on 20-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
reply to post by vethumanbeing
 


I honestly dont know what your on about. I posted once on your silly thread ages ago and you harp on about it like I am constantly posting in it. GET OVER IT and get over yourself.


I will get over it when you stop talking to me and/or thread participants and I will need the affidavit of compliance signed and notarized. Do you not realize your troll posts are being removed by others, are you paying attention to your own disapearing footprints in melting snow. You have born witness to all by responding to this thread and exposed yourself as to what you are, a person having NO SENSE OF IRONY!
edit on 20-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma
 


Protip: An IP cannot star posts from the same IP.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Jaellma
 


Popular as that idea is, I can tell you that staff are REALLY good at finding, and weeding out trolls.

Are there people can come here to goad our members into a frenzy for the LOL's?!

Sure there are. But they never last long.

~Tenth


I would like to *applaud* that, but I can't. Therefore, just feel applauded!
The job of a mod is a difficult one!



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma


Now, these are not your typical die-hard skeptics or die-hard believers. These are people who intentionally try to railroad threads with nonsensical arguments or off-topic rants.





Maybe they are just Stoners and Drunk dudes. Would explain non-sensible arguments and off-topic rants.

Lol some times I write absolute tripe while other times I write like I'm writing an essay.
edit on 21-2-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
op, you do realise that besides the mods present here, all us other posters are just the same human, yanking your chain?

just a heads up for you



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma
 


Yeah, they usually only post negative comments and stick around until some sort of reaction is excised from the OP or another member.

You can literally see them obsess over a thread and play a level of protagonism that borders on madness.

There are posters that have not posted a single positive thing in their entire stay.

They then sign on with other screen names when completely shut down by their intended victim or a bystander and they then take a softer more pathetic approach in their efforts of derailing the subject or attacking the person.

They are complete losers and idiots.



edit on 21-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Going to author threads then expect at least one troll. Unfortunately they are apart of the universe we live in.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I agree op, and I also believe there are trolls who have been long standing members with a lot of points, applause, etc.... who believe they are untouchable.

They may be??

They continuously disrupt threads with an attitude toward anyone who does not agree and they are allowed to belittle others intelligence and make fun of them as I witnessed it first hand.

I have seen this member and his/her pose since I became a member and usually do not participation the thread if he/she is also participating. Last week I did indeed get the brunt of some of the"trolling". I alerted and alerted to no avail. It was sickening.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


You shouldn't let trolls influence your posting habits. We don't want to lose your valuable input just because some moron with a keyboard decided to discourage your interest in exchanging ideas.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


Protip: An IP cannot star posts from the same IP.

That may be true and I know this but you and I both know that some people post from multiple devices.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i thought that everyone that joined the forum after 2009 or so was considered a troll by the other members


that's pretty much everyone that commented this thread
ha ha



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at
 



i thought that everyone that joined the forum after 2009 or so was considered a troll by the other members


Just because someone is a troll, does not automatically make their contributions worthless. When done with skill, trolling can be quite effective at getting the point across.

But there's the catch - the trolls we see around here are shabby at best. The rejects of TARD - Trolling Academy of Rhetorical Dalliance. They failed their entrance exams and are practicing for next year's tryouts.
edit on 21-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
26
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join