It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of snakes? Let's have another look to them!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Need more of those brightly colored snakes around. Getting tired of having to watch the dirt when hiking here in Oklahoma due to those rattlesnakes (which are slowly starting to lose their rattle
).

Having bright snakes would certainly help out a whole lot such as avoid getting bit and dying

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I love snakes! I used to catch and bring in little garter snakes as a kid, and my mom would freak out. I tried my best to "hide" them from her in my bedroom, but they always got loose, and I got my butt spanked...but ever since then, snakes have just been so fascinating to me. I love their simplicity, their grace, their strength. I understand why people are freaked out by them though, cause I have a huge irrational fear of spiders, and technically, snakes pose more of a threat than spiders do, as far as I know.

I was familiar with most of them in the OP, but these two:

Iridescent Shieldtail (Melanophidium bilineatum) - Western ghats, India - Unknown

Micrurus lemniscatus - rainforests of Amazon and Mexico - Lethal 

I clicked on the source but it seems these guys don't really have too much info on them. I think I'm going to try researching them a bit more. Thanks for sharing all the amazing pics and info!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I always know when I open a post by ElevenAugust that it will contain some amazing information and stunning pictures.

I'm not a big fan of snakes, but the bush vipers and the tree viper in the blue phase are incredible. I didn't realize snakes could be that vibrant.

S&F!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
When I was about 10, I used to be way into snakes. I would go out searching for them and turtles all the time. Some of my favorite experiences were catching a water snake as it gave live birth and I even helped out with a local university's rattlesnake tracking project when I was 13 and 14. While I never owned any thanks to my mom, I would usually catch other things, including a common snapping turtle hatchling that I have kept for 6 years.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
2013 is the year of the snake in the Chinese horoscope

It is the enigmatic, intuitive, introspective, refined and collected of the Animals Signs. Ancient Chinese wisdom says a Snake in the house is a good omen because it means that your family will not starve. People born in the Year of the Snake are keen and cunning, quite intelligent and wise. They are great mediators and good at doing business.

This is a year of water Snake, and all things will be possible. Saving money and being thrifty should be your top priorities. Delusion and deception are common in the year of water Snake. Stay alert! To gain the greatest benefits from this year, you must control spending and use your talents wisely. If you are planning to get married or to begin a business partnership, be sure to thoroughly investigate the other person's finances and background before you legalize the alliance.
www.springsgreetingcards.com...

Good luck everyone

I love snakes, without them we would be overcome with vermin, and vermin bring disease. If you have a king snake around you will not have poisonous snakes, as kings will kill them. I had a beautiful female king snake use my basement as her hibernation den for several years. I named her Elizabeth. I was very sad when she quit showing up. I agree with soulwaxer you can absolutely communicate with them.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Also a huge snake fan and collector. Great selection of images, here are a few more of my faves

mandarin rat snake

brazilian rainbow boa (irridenscence is hard to capture with camera

broad banded mountain rat snake

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And the best for last, the dragon snake

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey, don't forget...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I didn't know garter snakes could be so colorful.

Me and my corn snake give you muchos stars and flags

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anyone happen to lose a red boa?

Six-foot Snake Hitches a Ride

John Gambrell and Mike Bird were returning to their company from a worksite Wednesday evening when they were flagged down as they drove along U.S. 92.

When they stopped the man was waving his hand and pointing to the bumper of the company van and shouting “There is a snake wrapped around your bumper."

To men's surprise they found a 6-foot-long red tail boa constrictor wrapped around the van’s rear bumper, said Tami Keeling, who works with the men at Vision Stairways & Millwork in Woodstock.

woodstock.patch.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguy
And the best for last, the dragon snake

that is one cool looking snake. I've always found snakes to be so fascinating ever since i was little and went to a pet store and got to hold one. Some of the colors on those snakes are amazing, thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There are a lot of creeps in this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SELAboy

I've had little luck rehabbing yellow bellied black racer hatchlings. They're lovely snakes, but the ones I were given were not expected to live (and didn't, sadly.) I think they're elegant and interesting animals, though.

I'm one of the people who will actually go "oooh! Snake!" and cross the room to see a snake." As a docent for Audubon, I've gotten over any hesitation in handling the tarantulas (and insects) as well (and never had any fears of lizards.)

But there's just nothing like a good snake!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join