It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEFT IN THE DARK: Secret U.S. military flights carried officials, equipment to N. Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Interesting story.

I wonder if there has been a falling out between China and North Korea.

The "missing American servicemen" story is a true one. That's the best kind of cover story. The bulldozers were a nice touch. However that's not the kind of event you keep secret from a security partner and then ask a security partner to stop asking about, under threat of a change in relations.

There is definitely something important going on with this.

South Korea is very quiet in the back row of the class. Hmmmmmm . . . .

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Playing both sides, that's the name of the game. Look at every war that's happened. That's what they do. Play both sides and get "rewarded" no matter what side wins. A lot of money to be made in the Korean conflicts.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This story might actually have as much to do with Japanese politics as with those of any other nation in the mix.

The story, leaked by the Japanese government could be seen as a communication to the Japanese people along the lines of,

"Our trusted friends don't trust us. They are holding secret talks with our enemy. They refuse to inform us of the content of those talks. We are defenseless. We have not armed our defense forces with nuclear weapons, even though our industrial might could do it in short order. We must protect ourselves. (Unspoken addendum: Do I need to remind everyone who bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Can we trust this "friend"?)"

The Asahi Shimbun is written up as follows in Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Asahi Shimbun (朝日新聞?, IPA: [aꜜsaçi ɕimbɯɴ], literally Morning Sun Newspaper, English: Asahi News) is one of the five national newspapers in Japan. Its circulation, which was 7.96 million for its morning edition and 3.1 million for its evening edition as of June 2010,[3] was second behind that of Yomiuri Shimbun. The company has its registered headquarters in Osaka.

Note: I guess it is not "politically correct" to translate asahi as rising sun.

edit on 21-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by leopardpimps
reply to post by Danbones

yeh i see that i know they create the 'bad guy' or as you put it the 'bogie man' .from Saddam to bin laden to whom ever they want oil from normally they make them out to be annoying and evil to go to war with them to take what they want from them. what i don't get is what do North Korea have for the u.s?

North Korea has "nothing to loose", which makes them the perfect large scale (multiple port city nuclear strike) "red flag" proxy for the USA.

If the USA were willing to perform this scale "red flag" event on its own people, it would have to be from a nation with nothing to loose by an international response.

God Bless,
edit on 21-2-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The rich elite in America have robbed every penny America had. Deconstructed America's military. Sold America's secrets to the globes highest bidder.

Obama likely gave NK pinpoint targets to finish America off and take out the paper records of who robbed America.

We're all doomed....the rich will watch the carnage from their castles in Dubai.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is yet more proof that the world is just a stage, just theatre.

They are all working from the same hymn sheet. There aren't really any sides. The elites regardless of where they live are all in it together.

It makes the theories of the US and Russia meeting in submarines under the the artic ice during the cold war and after seem much less preposterous.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

No, but that's not all they're doing there I'm sure. I'll almost guarantee they were holding talks on aid to stop the nuclear tests, and the missile tests. Japan and Korea (both of them) have been enemies for a very long time, and Japan wouldn't like any kind of aid going to North Korea I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
what i dont get, if bankers control the world, and we have most of the bankers, is all this country crap just like a big soap oprah for everyone? since they really dont have a say in what happens...

soo basically America is telling and helping N Korea to threaten and maybe even nuke America....
sounds right to me

evilll
edit on 20-2-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

The bankers are based in London. The square mile is the richest place in the world and is owned by the Corporation of London. It pays no tax and has its own laws, The US military machine is the brute behind the bankers....What goes no behind closed doors is anyone's guess though.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Saddam and Pol Pot were terrible people. I am confused by your statement.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Asahi Shinbun is the newspaper I used to read when I lived in Japan. I always had the feeling, that it tends to be more on the conservative side, but still is a reliable source.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

saying Washington-Tokyo ties could be damaged.

That`s kind of funny
I would think that when one of your allies finds out that you have been going behind their back and meeting with a potential enemy that the ties have already been pretty well damaged.

You don't know what it's about. They could be meeting with some people who are against the LIttle Dictator and were interested in changing it for the better --- think about what happened with Burma. The dictators eventually decided that oppression sucks and they opened it up, and the US responded positively, given time.

Now that this information is out publicly, surely there will be harsh and indiscriminate purges and executions in DPRK and maybe the possibilty for freedom is set back another 35 years.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

Originally posted by Danbones
the SK would like the US to leave
the US needs a bogieman to stay...rumsfeld for example was on the board of a corp that sold nasty stuff to NK, just as he was instrumental in selling poison gas to saddam...(and more I'm sure)

The Saddam help became a good reason to invade; hell the US basically put him in power in the first place.

The US did NOT put Saddam into power in the first place at all. Saddam was a client state and ally of the USSR primarily (obviously not what the USA liked), and purchased more weapons from France. The USA offered some aid during the Iran/Iraq war because Iran was seen (correctly) as more of a threat to US interests, but the relationship is much less than with the USSR.

The USA did help put the Shah in power (there is always internal political divisions, but US supported one side of it).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

Great point. What do they have for the US.

My opinion? Oil, energy, gold?

NOBODY (Apart from maybe China) knows what N Korea have. For all we know they maybe sitting on gigantic oil reserves, or have massive gas supplies.

The latest threats all point to one outcome. War.

The energy race has become an orchestrated energy war.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
reply to post by leopardpimps

Great point. What do they have for the US.

My opinion? Oil, energy, gold?

Nothing but insanity, poverty, and nukes---and in artillery range of an ally.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i feel that this is a good time to share this. in the mid 90's sometime, i had a dream involving an "end of the world" type scenario. i'll spare you the details except this...on a bookshelf in an empty room was a single book. i opened the book and it was in a foreign language. in my head, though i did not know how to read the language, i knew it was korean.
i share this now, because after years of telling people how i believed that north korea was a true threat to us and getting poo-pooed, perhaps now we will begin to take this threat seriously. particularly, if indeed, we (the USA) are once again "prepping" our enemies.
why do we do this? because there is tons of cash to be made from everything related to war (well, unless your a soldier).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hold on I'm confused. What exactly does this all mean? Sorry if I'm coming on as ignorant, but can someone please give me a brief summary at the significance to this?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

The US has been in secret talks with North Korea, and hasn't told Japan or South Korea about them.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The US has been in secret talks with North Korea, and hasn't told Japan or South Korea about them.

Alright, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm not big on foreign policy issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Well, I would say they know now

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join