It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEFT IN THE DARK: Secret U.S. military flights carried officials, equipment to N. Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
LEFT IN THE DARK: Secret U.S. military flights carried officials, equipment to N. Korea

Have I entered The Twilight Zone?

Senior U.S. administration officials held secret talks in North Korea on at least three occasions in 2011 and 2012, The Asahi Shimbun has learned.

Although the visits had potential implications for Japan, Washington did not inform its security partner at the time and only informally confirmed one of them when the Japanese side pressed, government and other sources in Japan, South Korea and the United States said.

The U.S. State Department even warned the Foreign Ministry against making further inquiries, saying they would harm bilateral relations, the sources said.

U.S. military planes flew from an air base in Guam to Pyongyang and back on April 7, 2012, and again on a longer visit lasting from Aug. 18-20, the sources said.

I did a search and didn't see this posted anywhere. The article is dated 2/15/2013 but I hadn't heard a peep about this - anywhere. I like to think that I keep up on this kind of news but....

Is this newspaper reputable? If so, I'm incredulous at this news. Seriously? The U.S. visiting NORTH Korea??

When the Japanese side submitted an official inquiry, U.S. officials expressed frustration that the request had been made, citing the subject's confidential nature. The State Department warned Japan against inquiring further, saying Washington-Tokyo ties could be damaged.

Japan's upset about this, rightly so. In another article on the same news website this:

"There must be many secrets between the United States and North Korea that Japan does not know about," a Japanese government source said.

Among the data that the United States withholds is assessments of the outcome of North Korea's nuclear tests.

If this has been posted before, I apologize.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
what i dont get, if bankers control the world, and we have most of the bankers, is all this country crap just like a big soap oprah for everyone? since they really dont have a say in what happens...

soo basically America is telling and helping N Korea to threaten and maybe even nuke America....
sounds right to me

evilll
edit on 20-2-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
wow didn't see this one coming im stunned ! what have north Korea got on the u.s? or more to the point what do they have for the u.s? hmmm.......i have flagged and will watch this space very carefully i must admit im intrigued.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
the SK would like the US to leave
the US needs a bogieman to stay...rumsfeld for example was on the board of a corp that sold nasty stuff to NK, just as he was instrumental in selling poison gas to saddam...(and more I'm sure)

the US has a history of creating bogiemen: the shaw, saddam, pol pot...etc...for the bankers..
As the brits have done ever since the rothschildes took over when napolean was defeated...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

saying Washington-Tokyo ties could be damaged.

That`s kind of funny
I would think that when one of your allies finds out that you have been going behind their back and meeting with a potential enemy that the ties have already been pretty well damaged.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

yeh i see that i know they create the 'bad guy' or as you put it the 'bogie man' .from Saddam to bin laden to whom ever they want oil from normally they make them out to be annoying and evil to go to war with them to take what they want from them. what i don't get is what do North Korea have for the u.s?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

what funny is obama saying that he has south koreas back all the while having chit chat with north korea haha

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
US goes around approaching especially the top 10 'world superpower' contenders to keep them in check.

USing a diplomatic front. Approach nation, be friendly, offer billions of dollars in aide, the attempt a coup. Install or support the leader in power over a decade or so, then suddenly paint him as the epitome of evil in all the world. Accuse of nuke or WMDs, invade, kill formerly befriended leader without trial, carpet at least half of the country with Uranium bombs in order to eradicate or cripple the natives' future generations, hire thousands of military contractor men from US to continue mobilization and order while US bases are installed, and while bidding is opened for international mining of the newly colonized country by imperial US.

Iraq Iran Afghanistan Libya Australia Micronesia Guam Hawaii.... it's happening everywhere over the years real fast.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by leopardpimps

yeh i see that i know they create the 'bad guy' or as you put it the 'bogie man' .from Saddam to bin laden to whom ever they want oil from normally they make them out to be annoying and evil to go to war with them to take what they want from them. what i don't get is what do North Korea have for the u.s?

I think the state of NK is the most 1984 type state on the planet IMHO the bankers ( like the one letters revealed recently ordered the hit on the czar and his whole familly and then invested in the Bolshevic revolution ) want to see just how far they can take the hammer and fist style dictatorship...

I also wonder what secret things are being made in that prison state behind that curtain...I betcha its bad news for the rest of us...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If you go to China and find the right tour outfit, you too can travel to N. Korea!

You can even bring your cell phone with you! (you just have to buy a new SIM card for it). I was looking into tourism in N. Korea recently, and it *is* expensive -- but it can be done.

Who here wants to put together a crowd-sourced fundraiser to send Mystik to N. Korea for an "ATS: Exclusive"?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Overall...

US is obviously desperate for a major country alliance, not just SKorea, in ASIA to keep the mothership CHINA and other superpower contenders (Russia, Japan, Mongolia) from growing, rising up any further since America isn't growing at all except militarily & obese american biomass.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I would take a stab in the dark and guess that the nature of the meeting has been on how to re-unify the Korean Peninsula and allow the US to bring troops stationed there home or atleast allow the US the ability to move them to another war theatre.

Implications of this is that there is a risk that a unified Korea, now both with string economy AND military would become a threat to Japan proper.

Depending on which way the unified politics ends up leaning.

I think a unified Korea can be only a benefit personally......

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
If you go to China and find the right tour outfit, you too can travel to N. Korea!

Simply book in the USA....

www.newkoreatours.com...

NEW KOREA TOURS IS THE ONLY US BASED TRAVEL AGENCY OFFERING AFFORDABLE GUIDED TOURS TO NORTH KOREA. WE OFFER TOURS TO NORTH KOREA SINCE 2005 AND HAVE HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I'm not really sure S. Korea could absorb all the unskilled and poor people from N. Korea. I know that when Germany re-united, East Germany at least had some kind of an economy. N. Korea is in much worse shape socio-economically than East Germany was.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Now we're talking.

Anyone down to help me setup a kickstarter for a fact-finding trip?

Actually, I think I stumbled upon that tour outfit the other night! I bet they bug every single hotel room you stay in ...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
America is so broke they are selling anything and everything for a dollar ?

What a messed up country you have down there. Funny how you people keep voting in the retards . the last two presidents you have had were full retarded and still the populace still votes them in . There was a chance with ron paul . but whatever

your country betray their allies and sleeping with the enemy . seriously americas is a rouge terrorist nation looking at the cover of the book america just wants war and and destruction , they lie to the world and they lie to their own .

America has nothing left , no work no manufacturing almost everything is imported only thing america has left is arms sales .

you country is out of control and has been for the last 50 plus years the biggest hypocrites this world has seen .

Maybe if you are lucky maybe the middle east will invade your country to free you from your government kinda like how your country helped iraq

ETA : not bashing the people but the government .. well i guess the people also who keep voting for the same old governance and not wanting real change i am bashing as well
edit on 20/2/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

im with you on this =) strange things are happening.............god help us all!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

i would back this !

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

mr mushroom your posts are making me giggle . Your not wrong with what you are saying

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What if North Korea's leader is actaully warmer to the US than it is to Iran?

Its no secret Iran is involved in North Korea's nuclear tests.

I've always wondered, why North Korea was so quick to hault its nuclear programe, blow up a few facilities (on TV) and declare a partnership with the US, only to start testing nukes a quick time later.

Could Iran be playing a double agent? helping both the US and Iran, but reporting to US everything about Iran?

If so, you'd get the feeling this little 'leak' will put North Korea in Irans sights as a traitor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join