It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare prohibits feds from collecting any info on lawful gun owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Something I read today and I went on the net to double check.
Everyone remember's Nancy Pelosi and her famous statement?
"We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It".

Maybe, just maybe she and other Democrats should have read that bill a little better. If they had,
they'd be in a better position to support their Messiah and his mad craze to control law abiding
citizens and their access to weapons and magazine size's.

Maybe they should have placed close attention too, Amendment 3276 - Senate Health Care Bill, I understand this is an amendment to the Affordable Care Act passed in 2009.
And it Say's!

Amendment 3276 - Senate Health Care Bill Amendment is real and says: None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to-- ``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; ``(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or ``(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

www.truthorfiction.com...
Now from another source and Pelosi is mentioned again!

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to that amendment, the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition." This means that the government CANNOT mandate firearm registration. No registration, no confiscation. Poor ol' Joe Biden, he spent the last couple of weeks focusing on making a law requiring registration.

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he personally added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

www.sodahead.com...&link=ibaf&q=cnn%20is%20now%20r eferring%20to%20it%20as%20%22a%20gift%20to%20the%20nation's%20powerful%20gun%20lobby
YUP! Thank Harry!!
There is a little from CNN for you who think the other sources are not liable,,,,Like CNN is?

JIM ACOSTA, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): When President Obama signed national health care reform into law, few in Washington knew that buried in the legislation's more than 900 pages was a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby. But here it is, a provision entitled Protection of Second Amendment Rights. It states the government and health insurers cannot collect any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition. The provision was such a secret, "The Washington Post" reports that some people in the White House didn't even know it existed, despite being in the president's signature legislation.

transcripts.cnn.com...

OK, Look like if this is really the truth,,,, their need to layoff of us or retract Obamacare!
Sorry I won't be around much to reply, Obama and Pelosi supporter's,,, Maybe your Bosses should have read their bill first,, it's not our fault they shot their selves in the foot.

MODS: Please feel free to move or remove, I did use your new search feature.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Since when has the rule of law ever stopped the federalies from doing exactly what they want?

I don't mean to be a debbie downer here, but if they want to do it, then they'll do it and the law be hanged.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Obamacare Provision May Prohibit Gun and Ammo Registration!

(which has partly been debunked already BTW)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They already do it.

If there's a way it's being done.

The only difference between a legal act of government and an illegal act of government is they tell you about the legal ones.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes, but when they pass new laws making gun ownership illegal then the Obamacare amendment can be used. What is lawful now will be unlawful later.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Yes, but when they pass new laws making gun ownership illegal then the Obamacare amendment can be used. What is lawful now will be unlawful later.

Actually, what is lawful today will be labeled a "loophole" later.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

.... None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize ....

Doesn't that basically just say that the ObamaCare act and any amendment made to it cant be used to gather gun owner registration information?

They can still do it, just by not using ObamaCare as a basis.
edit on 20/2/13 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
While it isn't the Governments business to know if I have guns, perhaps a doctor should be able to ask if there are weapons in the house before prescribing a drug that may cause psychotic episodes.
On the other hand why is a drug that causes w=such side effects even on the market. ?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Obamacare Provision May Prohibit Gun and Ammo Registration!

(which has partly been debunked already BTW)

OK, Signals, you had a Great Thread going there. I'm sorry, I did use the Search Feature, as you cab see with out any hits on this topic.
It just goes to show every one, none of our elected officials read those bill or amendments, They have someone scan through them.
They don't care, Their just pushing to disarm the sheeple so the total take over of your every day lives goes on with-out-a-Hitch!
Keep on watching your Reality TV and D W T S or what ever it is these days and don't forget the Drama with Baby Boo Boo or what's her name.
Go ahead and take that hand out and be told where to show up for work and when to go home and how many kids you can have,,,,, Wait! That sounds like my wife's Old Home Country,,,,,,,,,, The Peoples Republic of China,,,,, Except you can leave The Peoples part Out!
I'd like to thank everyone for their replies.

edit on 21-2-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join