It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will fat people go to space. ISS say's someday~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm a little aprehensive on the actual title of this piece as Fat/Skinny/Plump I love you all~ I mean honestly, with all the questions you can ask an astronaut you waste that question with this? To each there own I guess. But this is what I found and I was actually very supprised.

"So, you guys went up there very fit, how does it feel as your body changes during weightlessness, and when do you think fat people would be able to go to space?"

I think everyone would agree that the process by which our bodies adapt to weightlessness, you can feel it, you can see how your body is changing and it's really rapid for the first week or two. Almost day to day as your fluid shifts, as your balance system changes, that relates to how you see things.

Sort of like a young ape swinging through the vines you get pretty graceful in weightlessness as you adapt. But it definitely takes time.

We also lose a little weight, but mostly it's just water. Because there are no fluids that are pooling in the lower part of our body that our bodies are constantly pumping up to our heads. Our legs get really skinny up here because gravity is not pushing the fluids down to our legs.

To live on a space station you need to pass a really hard physical. Just because we can't afford to get sick up here and we really want to have healthy people. But we are really trying to open the doors to space to everybody that's the whole purpose of this. To figure out how to safely get to space and back.

And just like early aviation, at first it wasn't for every body only a few could fly, and now pretty much anybody can fly anywhere around the world.

We are just in the early stages of that. We haven't invented everything we need yet, but someday soon everyone will be able to get this experience to get up here and be a part of this.

I was not looking through news clips for when fat people travel the heaven's. But cool none the less to know they are working towards all humans visiting the big/small whatever have you. And i'm interested in seeing this Technology that will make this possible.

What do you think ATS'ers?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I think that is the funniest title I've seen on ATS in a very long time.

But I cannot think of anything to contribute. It seems pretty self explanatory. It would have to be one very clever fat astronaut to justify the additional expense of boosting their rotund and healthy self into orbit. When costs come down, they can lower the bar on the required IQ/weight ratio. And I'm not trying to be mean at all, I've become a bit chubby myself. It's just not a situation where you can let a fat person go just in the interest of being fair, it just costs too much.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So the fluid rushes upwards. Does that mean that fat peoples heads would explode in space?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Yea I was cracking up when I posted this and I didn't know how this thread would pan out but I figured meh~ if the mods think it's a joke they can move it to that forum.

The Tech they are talking about to get all walks of life into space is what intrigued me as I think it would be safe to assume NASA or some other Space Agency is working on a vessel that could transport anyone.

What type of tech would be needed to get a human into space beside straping 10tons of rocket fuel to there backs?

I understand the physcal testing part but if a Larger man or women has a strong heart (And this does happen) and could deal with the rigouros environments then why shouldn't they have a Fat Astronaut Experiment and find out what exactly would happen to a large person in space??? Better than Weight Watchers??? I'm one to speculate~

And no there heads won't explode ROFL~

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Well, I think it will be great. I have always dreamed of going into space myself. Like the ISS said, someday.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

I think this will be great as well ^_^ space travel should not be size specific, given the individual can physically handle getting up to the heavens.

Maybe the tech they are talking about is like a "Cryo Sleep" Where you are encapsellated and baisically drug'd.... They light the fires and wammmmo~ You wake up surround by Dark Matter and the Cosmos~ o.O!!! Awesome...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

NASA has been working on such a vehicle for several years now, so if anyone can figure out how to launch a truck into space and bring it back intact, I'm sure they would appreciate a phone call. If you'd rather not call them, just tell the ol' fatman, and I'll try selling them the idea.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Oh my, I just about spit water through my nose. Thank you for making me smile like that.

We should be able to build a truck in space soon with these 3d printers they've been amping up, so we only need to find a safe way to get Larger Individuals into the heavens.

And i'm all for a Fat Astronaut Experiment.... That would go Viral in .0000000001 seconds

new topics

top topics

join