It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs Have Skyscrapers and Cellphones? Maybe.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Humans have been around for a good long time but it's only been a very short time that we have developed technology that we have today. At one point they believe there were as few as 2000 of us on planet earth and from that small number we have became what we are today.

It is certainly possible, in that vast billions of years the earth has existed that another species with inteligence similar to our own existed and became extinct before they had time to develope technology that would last.

If those 2000 humans had all died, then humans would have been intelligent but never have achieved our level of technology or have left anything behind for a future inteligent species to say hey those guys could make cell phones...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Pye makes a lot of bad claims. He claims to have found a human alien hybrid. The skull is all human. His claims are without merit.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

How did I determine that TWZ was a massive failure? Where are the things claimed by TWZ? Where was the singularity? It did not happen. Pretty much end of story.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nitestrider

Where is the fossil evidence to suggest that dinosaurs evolved into reptilians?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
No evidence for it, that is generaly why we think, dont know for sure, but think they did not have sky scrapers and cellphones. There is no evidence for it. Generaly when there is no evidence for something, we do not generaly accept it as being true. On account of there being zero evidence.

They would have absolutely no clues or evidence that we went to Mars or had cities

Pretty sure when they find the wreckage of industrial cargo container ships and crude carriers the length of 4 football pitches, they would more than likely piece it together.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

Pile every ship and container on the planet into one big pile and give it even 20 million years. There won't even be a high concentration of iron oxide dust remaining.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Why are you so sure that there would not be much left? Would there be other things other than iron oxide to search for? Is that where we find ancient materials? Do we find them in the open or in protected places such as depositional zones? What about construction materials such as bricks? What about ceramics, glass, and plastics?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

I think you're forgetting 1 thing here with this theory...... opposable thumbs.

Being able to grip, hold, catch, throw, pull etc are a massive factor in why they didn't and we did, its something movies seem to forget when visioning an alien species, all claws and fangs lol how do you expect them to perform feets of engineering or make complex circuitry etc etc

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Have you seen planet of the Apes?

The Apes think they are the apex intelligence of all time..

Their archeologists dig up human toys that were invented 100s of years earlier at a lower level than their own history..

They don't believe the human guy that he is more intelligent, and that his race once ran the whole planet with giant cities.. At the end he finds the Statue of Liberty sticking up out of the sand.. It was almost completely buried..

Oh and to anyone thinking they would find evidence of these prior races, nothing we make would survive a million years, let alone 100 million... Stone could, maybe... Metal would be gone in just about 500 years or so, minus the good protective plated kind.. You aren't going to find any cell phones, no toasters.. No houses... Not even concrete would make it..

Who's to say some advanced lizards are not the Original flying saucer guys who david Icke talks about??

Seems they would be unpleased to come back here looking for survivors of the meteor impact they ran from to find a whole race of monkeys running the planet.. how could these dumb Apes take over.. Don't they know the superior lizards ran this place first? It's OURS!!!

They would have traveled very near the speed of light and so would not age relative to Earth time... This is exactly how the guy in the planet of the Apes lands back on earth in the future at the same age..

Ehh who knows, but I have this weird feeling civilization has come and gone many many many times... Some weird feeling I get..

edit on 2/20/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Actually, you've forgotten PLASTIC and other synthetic materials.

It would be easy as anything to find the human era for at least millions of years, probably hundreds.of millions.

I think the possibility that previous civilizations existed should be considered, but I dont think there will be any doubt that humanity existed. how our society worked.. now that will confuse the hell out of anyone who finds our remains.. I cant even figure that out.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

I still remember my thoughts when I saw a timeline of life on Earth for the first time. Even as a child I said to myself, "how in the world have humans been here for so short a time and have the ability to make machines and incredibly complex technologies such as mastering the atom and flying to the moon?"

This line of thought really came to an explosion later in life in a University Neuroscience class on the evolution of the human brain, visual cortex etc.

I put my hand up and asked the professor and class, "if humans just appeared on Earth a little sliver of time ago, why didnt the Dinosaurs, who lived for like a hundred million years, why didnt they build skyscrapers and have cell phones?"

After a long pause the professor looked up at the class and answered, "who says they didn't?"

Needless to say this blew me away because he was 100% correct. How do we know what they did or had as a way of life on Earth? All we have are their bones/fossils, which are now so old they are rocks, to formulate theories about them and what they accomplished.

When it comes right down to it, nothing they ever accomplished to give us a good reliable theory about them has survived the millions of years.

Is it possible that a comet will someday wipe us out and hundreds of millions of years from now some being digs up a human bone fossil and says, "oh look, I found an old human arm fossil" and someone else responds, "ya those dumb things used to swing in trees and bark at each other. We think they may have even been able to dig termites out of logs with their oppose-able thumbs"

They would have absolutely no clues or evidence that we went to Mars or had cities, cellphones or anything. All they would find are fossils of us because everything else would be lost in time.

So reflect on that for a moment. Please do not flame me for suggesting Dinosaurs may have been more advanced than we are told because to simply accept that train of thought would be ignorant to facts.

If it is true that they were like dumb idiot lizard type bird things with no technology then why are humans so special? What caused humans to have these abilities so quickly? Intervention from other life forms? Creation by God type beings?

What are your thoughts on this subject?
edit on 20-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: removed a word

For many many reasons.. including

They were not intelligent enough - KNOWN
No opposable thumbs - KNOWN
No evidence, not even a shred for skyscrapers or cellphones have been found. - KNOWN

So very conclusive

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
sorry if someone already took the 2 min it took me to see of dinosaurs really did have opposable thumbs but i though id do the research for everyone that says this is impossible

www.newscientist.com...

They had less fingers than us, and supposedly had wings and feathers, but who knows maby 3 fingers is all you need. Also this site says there's no proof that they had feathers, only assumptions. They could have just had really long skinny arms with 3 long skinny fingers, two for gripping and a third for greater control of the object being gripped.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
look man,it starts slow ,primal and it moves and evolves,just take a look at technology from its start(lets say 1960) and now 2013 ,so just like that so have the animals evolved including us. If the dinos had a Nikola Tesla amongst them maybe they had cellphones as well.But nature doesnt work like that,at least not here on earth.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I've always questioned things like this myself. In my personal opinion, I really don't think we are the first and only advanced civilization that has ever lived on this Earth...and I certainly don't think we will be the last.

We know so little about our universe and it's origins. Most of what we do "know" are only theories, and they cannot definitively be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think the possibility of the human race having received a boost of sorts from a source outside this planet is likely.

Have you ever read any of Dolores Cannon's books? They cover subjects such as these and while I can't prove she knows what she's talking about...to me it makes sense. Granted her findings are mostly garnered from past life regression sessions, which would make some people discount her theories right away, I really think she' on to something.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Pye makes a lot of bad claims. He claims to have found a human alien hybrid. The skull is all human. His claims are without merit.

by your response I know you haven't updated your data on the skull and are content with walking around with your foot in your mouth. How do you explain the morphology of the brain model?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

How did I determine that TWZ was a massive failure? Where are the things claimed by TWZ? Where was the singularity? It did not happen. Pretty much end of story.

He never said we were going to suck down some black hole. maybe you can't understand what he was talking about and just want to drag everybody else down because you feel left behind? describe the singularity. ever been through one before?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There is no evidence, and we have scoured the earth for it.

We have to face the fact that we are special. We have been given (for lack of a better term) an amazing gift that, for all we know, may be unique in our entire galaxy or even universe. THIS is why human behavior is so frustrating - because we are almost not animals, yet it is easier to behave like animals, so that is what we do. From an evolutionary point of view, we are two year olds with no parental supervision. Whether we ultimately squander this gift remains to be seen, but if I were forced to bet on it, I would assume the odds to be damning.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Alligators and dragonflys are two examples of species that were around in pre-history. I guess a quick answer would be how often do you see an alligator stop what they are doing to take a quick call?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Only 5% of the ocean floors have been explored, none excavated. The iceage scrubbed the continents. There was once one big land mass that split apart. You can look at Google sattelite and see where continents were likely but are under water now. We don't have the technology to dig in the ocean depths. New discoveries are a daily occurence. We were unable to prove the existance of giant octupus until 2003. Ancient civilizations did not nescesarily use the same technology we have today. There is no reason to believe they did not have a better technology than electricity. Magnetics/sound waves/etc. Over half of North America was scrubbed by 1 mile of ice. Mountain ranges were created. We have not looked under those mountains. Nobody can say with any certainty that we have found all evidence of past civilizations. We can actually say with certainty that we have not excavated 95% of the planet. I doubt we had cellphones, but we could have been advanced.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterOfTheDamned

Keep an eye out for recent dinosaur finds. This article is from 2007 and more recent finds tell more about these dinosaurs. With such a huge number of important finds being made recently it is important to watch the dates of articles to keep a perspective on current ideas.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

by your response I know you haven't updated your data on the skull and are content with walking around with your foot in your mouth. How do you explain the morphology of the brain model?

I see you are content with being gullible and falling for obvious hoaxes. The "morphology of the brain model?" If you want to pretend to be able to use big words please use them correctly. I suppose you asked for an explanation of the skull morphology.

It's a disease which strikes humans today as well. It is called hydrocephalus.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

He never said we were going to suck down some black hole. maybe you can't understand what he was talking about and just want to drag everybody else down because you feel left behind? describe the singularity. ever been through one before?

I know what McKenna claimed and he claimed a rise in novelty which did not occur. There are some who do not understand what McKenna was talking about and think that he was referring to some personal spiritual event, but he was discussing novelty.

I see you are pretending some sort of superiority. I hear that from people that attempt to explain away the failures of things they believed in despite the overwhelming evidence against. Sorry, you feel this need to pretend.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join