It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs Have Skyscrapers and Cellphones? Maybe.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Well what they ate doesnt give us a clue to the possibility that they were more advanced than we think.
Future: "Oh look this fossilized human ate a salad and sushi." This does not tell them we had skycrapers or cellphones during our era.

Let me clarify my point.

The point is that we find all sorts of traces of ancient actions including the foods (down to the specie) that were eaten and yet some people claim that everything would disappear without a trace. That's a pretty silly notion considering what we can and do find.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I was referring to this.

We should build more Mt Rushmore type momuments only 1000 fold in size and longevity. Then we may leave something for whatever lies ahead.

If you think Puma Punku is 500 years old then I can't do anything for you.
edit on 21-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

The time of the dinosaurs ended around 144 million years ago. If a race were to come around to Earth that long after the human race has become extinct, there would be nothing left of the once vast global infrastructure. Hell, they'd be lucky to find fossils of our remains, but they would.

Dinosaurs ended about 65Ma, not 144Ma.

Even then things would be found. There are 4 cases of mummified dinosaurs being found. We have lots and lots of fossils. Things would not be all gone. They would be found.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I think half the people here are designers considering their penchant for fantasy so I almost laughed when you said you were a webmaster, why am i not surprised.
Don't get me wrong I'm an artist, the only profession you can have without being able to tie your shoes.
Luckily my mother was an avid reader and raised me to be the same.

I was under the impression all that "extra brain matter" controls our memory storage, motor functions, regulates chemicals and growth of our bodies, cognitive functions etc.
hence why I'm having trouble.

Early ATSers would have destroyed 90% of this thread in the first 15 posts, imagine Phage as a crotchety old man if he isnt already.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Actually radio waves dissipate to only noise after only a million or 2 light years even in space vacuum which is not even far enough to reach our nearest star neighbors. This is why you cant hear San Francisco radio stations in New York.

The signal does not become noise. It becomes weaker with distance. It's an inverse square law. The signal is still there. It is just too weak for our receivers to detect. A better receiver could detect the signal.

The reason why you can't hear San Francisco radio stations in New York City is because the signal gets weaker with distance.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Humans are not young, they are old, say a billion years old, we just keep lose history. No proof? Shoe print of a sandal with inter-stitched footing squashing a trilobite. Even professional tailors and shoemakers have trouble doing that.

The squashed trilobite claim is a lie. I was told about it at a creationist lecture. The speaker told the audience that he had a better picture in his office, better than the one he showed to the audience. Why would anyone do that - use a junky photo when a better one was available? He told the audience that if anyone wanted to see it he would send it. He sent me the same photo. There are no stitch marks. It is a typical mineral stain that forms in the rock layer.

The lecturer lied.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I think your date estimates are off though, I think your premise is entirely plausible further back in time than dinosaurs even as far back a 4billion years. I also believe it's possible, nay likely in the more recent past say up to around 10 million years that there were very advanced human civilisations.

You're claiming that there were advanced human civilizations before there were humans. Kind of odd don't you think?

If that is the case, then please provide one piece of evidence.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The pineal gland is not the place where consciousness originates. Your neuroscience courses would have told you that.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

McKenna made a lot of grandiose claims about novelty increasing and eventually reaching a singularity in 2012. TWZ was a massive failure.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Criticalthinker99

Wait a second here? Yes, we have bigger brains but isn't it true that we can only harness about 10% of our brains?

That's an often repeated incorrect statement. We use 100% of our brains.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

If you think Puma Punku is 500 years old then I can't do anything for you.

I leave off a 1, a simple typo and I get sassed. At least I know there is little that can be done for you.

en.wikipedia.org...
It's been dated to 1500 years old. It's an interesting site constructed by man.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The pineal gland is not the place where consciousness originates. Your neuroscience courses would have told you that.

The issue is the pineal gland. Where do you get the idea it is the origin of consciousness. Neurosciences make no such claim.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The issue is the pineal gland. Where do you get the idea it is the origin of consciousness. Neurosciences make no such claim.

Yes but it may be a doorway. You can get lost in all the info about it. It is NOT just melatonin and sex.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

Yes but it may be a doorway. You can get lost in all the info about it. It is NOT just melatonin and sex.

Also my point was merely that a small part of our brain does so much that even a peanut dinosaur brain may surprise ya, thats all I meant. Cheers

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

They would not find wreckage of anything, nothing. Zilch evidence would stand that amount of time.

Who says this?

You are trying to tell me we can find knuckle joints of creatures that lived tens of millions of years ago, but we would not be able to find something like the Pentagon building?

Im sorry but to me that does not make any sense.

Thats like saying in 65 million years people[or whatever] will find our graveyards but will miss the vast hundreds of square miles of industrial infrastructure that surround it.

Does not make a lot of sense to be honest.

By the way, we find fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

Geologists say this:

So exactly what evidence of our existence would these future archaeologists find? The answer is a bit dismal: not much. All our technology, culture, and art would be reduced to a thin smear of sediment. Our grandest edifices would amount to a few millimeters in a core sample.

What Will Remain of Us 100 Million Years After the Apocolypse

The Earth After Us

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

check out intervention theory

Yes, thank you I find this explanation to be the best theory of them all. It would mean both creationists and evolutionists are both right but something hooked us up to jumper cables, be it a God or Annunaki> Perhaps even a human from the future when they have figured out how to bend space time or something. Possibilities are endless but the mere fact that we can do what just a few hundred years ago would appear godly means we got a kick start somewhere not long ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

TWZ was a massive failure.
how have you determined that?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I like this idea. I’ve always thought that the reptilians could be evolved dinosaurs. They had had millions of years to evolve on the planet. Just like how people think apes became humans, why couldn’t dinosaurs evolve into reptilians?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join