It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs Have Skyscrapers and Cellphones? Maybe.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

If you don't like that kind of logic, then why don't you go somewhere else?

I mean, do you deny that the human race is a old race? Do you deny that thousands of structures that take masterful artisans of pin-point precision to make?

To add, think that the pyramids are make with the use of slave-labor? Guess again. They were projects that were built with only ~50 people and it only took, what, 6 months of man labor total to build with their breaks of 3 months.

Deadman Secrets tell of this.

Don't like the logic? Go somewhere else.

You are free to take a hike.

None of your unsubstantiated claptrap has anything at all to do with dinosaurs and their lack of exhibiting technological achievements.

Promote one hoax and it is denied and on to another hoax. One hoax isn't good enough for you so its on to another. There are endless hoaxes I suppose on which to draw from. Where is your smart dinosaur hoax?
edit on 1-3-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Just too bad it's being derailed by silly argumentation.

I have read (almost) the whole thread, so hopefully this was not posted before.
Fox News, proposed something similar some time ago...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

I'm not big on watching videos, but do they mention that there is any evidence that dinosaurs were smart?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's a story from Fox about that if we ever got visited by aliens, it might turn out to be super-intelligent dinosaurs, and we might be better off. It's pretty funny imho, but still relevant to the thread.

For instance, if the meteor impact 65 mya did really occur, it could be possible that matter from the Earth have been slung out in space, taking a lot of microbes with it. Imagine these landed on the moon Europa. Then it could be possible that life could have developed in the supposed oceans there? Who knows? Maybe some ejected balls of matter have traveled beyond our solar-system, and seeding life elsewhere. 65 mya is plenty of time to reach a different solar-system, and even begin life from scratch from a microscopic level.
This time hardened tough microbes, which with a weird form of radition (by traveling thru space) could evolve very fast. And in 100.000 years even evolve to an extremely intelligent lifeform.
So, it could be possible that remnants of the dinosaurs could be living elsewhere in our galaxy ?
Just thinking totally out of the box here

edit on 1/3/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Life here on Earth took billions of years to go multicellular. Moving to land was hundreds of millions of years.

Your timescale might be pushing things a bit.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

quick correction on the rock hitting Earth, never happened. Why and how?

Why? if it did happen, then not only will we be gone, the Earth will be no more. Case of point, imagine a BB going so fast that it hits a cannonball. Which is more likely to shatter, the cannonball or the BB? The BB, however in this case of point, the meteor you speak of is supposed to be a 1/32 of the size of Earth. So if a larger BB was traveling as fast as the previous one, which one will shatter? Both of them.

Who ever said the logic of a meteor hitting Earth is a very poor logic.

How? How did it not happen? If it did happen, then show the crater. No known crater is massive size, like scaring-size can be found. You may view of me as a idiot, then so be it. But regardless of what is done, the truth always comes out.

So in connection, what took out the dinosaurs? Theory, ELE. Extinction-Level-Event. 6 of them happened, they must of gotten taken out by the elements or decided to move.

Comments?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Do you actually deny everything?

We can show the comet hit. We have see it in the geologic record and a clearly identified layer. The whole of your post is based on your personal ignorance and it is quite amazing how you got everything so wrong.

Every one of the things you say did not happen can be found with a 2 second search

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Your BB analogy is wrong. You have the wrong scale and you also have overlooked gravity.

That makes this claim void

quick correction on the rock hitting Earth, never happened. Why and how?

As for the crater it has been located and dated and even the tsunami debris has been identified.

You are simply arguing from personal ignorance.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a) If they had such things, we would have found evidence of it when finding evidence of them...just as we find ancient tools along with ancient men's bones.

b) dinos simply didn't have the brain capacity for it...we can tell brain size and the amount of folds (necessary for high intellect) from the fossil record, and it simply isn't supported.

The instructor who said,"Well who says they didn't?" did you (and the class) a complete disservice with his comments.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
a) If they had such things, we would have found evidence of it when finding evidence of them...just as we find ancient tools along with ancient men's bones.

b) dinos simply didn't have the brain capacity for it...we can tell brain size and the amount of folds (necessary for high intellect) from the fossil record, and it simply isn't supported.

The instructor who said,"Well who says they didn't?" did you (and the class) a complete disservice with his comments. [/quot

Remember that we do not have a full ecological record and that which paleo archaeology has constructed is based on fossil data from a very thick slice of time, it is not the absence of proof that disproves a hypothesis but the presence of proof against, although most are fake I suggest you research a bit more thoroughly and look up the word OOPORT on google, personally I think his teacher was a good teacher that presented his student's with the DATA and THEORY's and allowed them to learn by questioning, when science becomes a belief it becomes a religion for remember the TENET (Latin for it is held - Law in our use) of science that no theory can ever be proven it may only be supported but if any Evidence to the contrary is found then the theory is automatically disproven and a new theory has to be drafted - in the real world were complex theory's have reputation's resting on them evidence against is sometimes brushed out of sight.

A presence of Iridium in a thin layer all over the world, a radio active isotope that is very rare on earth but common in outer space supports the theory of the asteroid impact as does the geological analysis of the yucatan crater, but it is not the only possible cause of dinosaur extinction, the super volcano that covered two third's of the indian subcontinent in mile's thick laver flow's that today we call the dekan traps also erupted maybe because of the asteroid impact as they were both about 65 million years ago and threw vast quantity's of ash and soot into the air, there is also a theory that early mammal specie's raided the dinosaur egg's, and disease but even with supporting evidence they remain theoretical.
edit on 4-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The instructor who said,"Well who says they didn't?" did you (and the class) a complete disservice with his comments.
Unless he was trying to encourage his students to respond with logic and knowledge that would have shown that 'SCIENCE says they didnt'.

Information is useless unless you know how to apply it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Show it in two seconds, yes. But see the aftereffects, no. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I have to be honest here.

If the comet ELE really did happen, then I'll say it again, we will no longer be here. To add to the fact, where is the scar? asteroids, comets, and anything the such that large would of left a large scar.

I'm not in science fantasy land, I'm in reality. The reality is that history in now in ruins and they had everything we have today only more.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Personal ignorance or yours?

The BB analogy is something every electrician, engineer, and scientist should know. And you forgot something, what is Gravity? A EM force operating at 1 terahertz with a wavelength of .3 to 4.3 mm.

If you would be so kind to show me such findings, then I'll take into consideration a debate.

If nothing else, then we come from two different worlds of Academia. One being Orthodox which only has a mind of war, and one of Unorthodox which has a mind of peace. And this useless war of words and opinions is nothing more than a hindrance on advancement.

So if your bogus meter is on high, that says that it needs to be tested. If you would so kindly do so, I challenge.

edit on 4-3-2013 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by colin42

Show it in two seconds, yes. But see the aftereffects, no. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I have to be honest here.

If the comet ELE really did happen, then I'll say it again, we will no longer be here. To add to the fact, where is the scar? asteroids, comets, and anything the such that large would of left a large scar.

I'm not in science fantasy land, I'm in reality. The reality is that history in now in ruins and they had everything we have today only more.
If you are referring to the comet that started the end of the dinosaurs then there is loads of evidence including the crater. You are in a fantasy world because you have chosen to ignore the hard work of many scientists.

Your reality is based on what you want it to be and not what the evidence that is freely available shows the reality to be. You cannot prove your chosen reality to be true by ignoring the evidence. You can only do that by showing that evidence wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

But how can I trust them? How can you trust them?

I'm more willing to believe someone that states their claims, finds it, exhorts it, and says that it's there and will forever be there.

To be honest, have you ever seen your brain? Yet, you believe someone that says that you have one. I don't base reality off of opinions or theories, only facts, cold hard facts that can be done anytime.

I don't believe someone who has told be that I have a brain, I've seen it without any kind of medical operations of sort. Have you seen your own brain?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
If the comet ELE really did happen, then I'll say it again, we will no longer be here.

What evidence and scientific data do you have to support this conclusion?

To add to the fact, where is the scar? asteroids, comets, and anything the such that large would of left a large scar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Deny ignorance, just don't spout it before even attempting a simple google search

How could the big bang have happened? If it did we'd no longer be here!

To be honest, have you ever seen your brain? Yet, you believe someone that says that you have one. I don't base reality off of opinions or theories, only facts, cold hard facts that can be done anytime.

Right. All autopsies in the history of planet earth have been faked.

To be honest, have you ever seen these technologically advanced dinosaurs? Yet, you believe someone that says it. I don't base reality off of opinions or theories, only facts, cold hard facts that can be done anytime.

Fact: When you cut open a dead human's head, you find a brain.

Fact: An abundance of dinosaur fossils have been found, none that indicate tools or technology.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

But how can I trust them? How can you trust them?
You should not trust them. I don’t trust them. What you can do is look at the evidence they offer. Verify it from other sources and make an informed choice.

I'm more willing to believe someone that states their claims, finds it, exhorts it, and says that it's there and will forever be there.
That I'm afraid makes no sense. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I have seen the results of having a brain. Autopsies that shows everyone has a brain, including other animals. I don’t need an x-ray to confirm it when there is overwhelming evidence that shows I have a brain.

I don't believe someone who has told be that I have a brain, I've seen it without any kind of medical operations of sort. Have you seen your own brain?
You make the most absurd comments it is hard to take you serious. I cannot see the oxygen I breathe to live yet I can and have done experiments to show it exists.

You have mistaken a questioning mind for denial and reality for the absurd

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
its quite possible to have species of dinosaur to have at least developed basic tool use, language and problem solving skills. we have them present now in modern species. eg apes/monkeys/birds etc,
even having a more advanced tech could be possible and would be hard to detect and study if it was based on biotech rather than the mechanic tech we use now. eg harry harrisons eden series.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

It doesn't match up. Only a honest person would see the truth, and seek the truth.

Most of the craters of today are based off of assumptions. I can tell you what are those really, but I know you won't listen since you've already made your decision.

A comet of such size would of destroyed a planet. What was it? A million nukes going off?

Even if a planet is solid, which I know it isn't, would shatter if something like that hit Earth. All I can say is that assumption is not my cup of tea.

At least I will thank you for such a discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join