It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dream journal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Over the last couple of years, I have trained myself to lucid dream almost nightly. Most of time it is in the morning hours, between 6-8 am.
I hear incredibly awesome music that I have never heard before on a normal basis -- and it is by musicians that I am familiar with. For instance, in my dreams while in lucidity, I can literally walk up to the nearest cd player/radio and it turn it on, and in my mind think of a singer/artist, and instantly an amazing song is played by that artist that has never been created, and all the lyrics and intrumentations are perfectly in place. It's always some of the best music I've heard.

A few nights ago while I was in lucidity, I asked an older person what it was like to be a character in my dream, and he replied with a smile, "You're not supposed to ask me that." He then laughed and walked away.

Early this morning during about the last hour of my sleep, I realized I was dreaming, and at the same time, was around a few people in my dream. I started asking them questions about the future. I remember hearing interesting things, and thought in my head that I would remember them as soon as I woke up....but as I opened my eyes and my senses started coming alive, I forgot them.

So anyway, I am going to try and update this thread hopefully daily with things I experience while in lucidity.

edit on 20-2-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Over the last couple of years, I have trained myself to lucid dream almost nightly. Most of time it is in the morning hours, between 6-8 am.
I hear incredibly awesome music that I have never heard before on a normal basis -- and it is by musicians that I am familiar with. For instance, in my dreams while in lucidity, I can literally walk up to the nearest cd player/radio and it turn it on, and in my mind think of a singer/artist, and instantly an amazing song is played by that artist that has never been created, and all the lyrics and intrumentations are perfectly in place. It's always some of the best music I've heard.

A few nights ago while I was in lucidity, I asked an older person what it was like to be a character in my dream, and he replied with a smile, "You're not supposed to ask me that." He then laughed and walked away.

Early this morning during about the last hour of my sleep, I realized I was dreaming, and at the same time, was around a few people in my dream. I started asking them questions about the future. I remember hearing interesting things, and thought in my head that I would remember them as soon as I woke up....but as I opened my eyes and my senses started coming alive, I forgot them.

So anyway, I am going to try and update this thread hopefully daily with things I experience while in lucidity.

That's some interesting stuff...
Hope you don't forget...and do refresh this thread (regularly), as I find this fascinating.
Do you have any type of recording device that you might "log" any "new music" (or - pieces of what you remember) at any time? (Royalties, Royalties - I'm sure they won't mind.)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

That's some interesting stuff...
Hope you don't forget...and do refresh this thread (regularly), as I find this fascinating.
Do you have any type of recording device that you might "log" any "new music" (or - pieces of what you remember) at any time? (Royalties, Royalties - I'm sure they won't mind.)

Oh my. The music I've heard...... It's frustrating not being able to duplicate it while awake.

I'm trying to train myself and be better about logging songs/sounds and messages. I'll keep this thread updated.

And to answer your question, I installed a voice recording app on my phone a couple days ago, and before falling asleep I lay it on the night stand near my head so I can press record and hopefully capture a melody. The one problem I have run into, is that I THINK I'm awake and recording the melody, but I'm actually still in lucidity....So when I REALLY wake up, there is nothing recorded. I'm trying to train myself.

I am a pretty big hip-hop fan (the real hip-hop stuff).... And I had a dream a few days ago about a new Eminem single. It was craziness in a good way. There were like super sonic, kick and snare sounds I've never heard. Impossible to explain. But I can still hear some of it in my head. I need a way to record what I am hearing!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I THINK I'm awake and recording the melody, but I'm actually still in lucidity....So when I REALLY wake up, there is nothing recorded. I'm trying to train myself.

I HATE that! It's the bane of all dream journal keepers. Although usually it's a false awakening where you write down notes about the awesome dream you just had.

Don't waste too much time interviewing dream characters, they are completely useless. Personally I tend to avoid them unless they're hot, since they tend to waste precious lucid time.

If you need and tips on dream control, feel free to ask or check out the thread in my signature.

new topics

top topics

join