It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for something to fill the Breakinbg Bad slot.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OK, Breaking Bad is ending and I want to fill the slot. These are the shows I watch. What you recommend doesn't have to be new ones, just good ones.
-
Thanks in Advance
-
-Of course Breaking Bad

-Game of Thrones
-Walking Dead
-Big Bang Theory
-American Horror Story
-Grimm
-Face Off
-Sons of Anarchy

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Boardwalk Empire (Two seasons)

Rome (Two Seasons)

Australian "soprano-like" known as Underbelly has *many* seasons. Great show.

Carnivale

... That's all I got so far.
edit on 20-2-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Wire. It's not running now, but it's the only thing in my mind that's come close to Breaking Bad. It ran for five seasons on HBO. Each season brings in a ton of new characters and examines another aspect of life. The first season is cops vs. drug dealers, the second involves the docks, the fourth involves schools, the fifth involves newspapers and the media. The same characters remain through out, but they move from foreground to background or vice versa, some die, a lot go to jail. It's great. Everything exists in a grey area. There's no good guys and very few bad guys.

It is a little difficult. It might take you half of the first season to get into the groove of the show, because the show doesn't coddle you. It introduces a ton of characters that all know each other, all have backstories and the show lets it play naturally. It takes awhile to understand who every one is and what they do and for a plot to develop. But once you get into it you're in. The show takes off. Kind of like how Breaking Bad will spend half a season setting things up, then knocks everything down.

That's your best bet. Breaking Bad and The Wire are two shows that have ruined a lot of other dramas for me.
edit on 2/20/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
- Dexter
- Six Feet Under
- Lost
- Weeds

With emphasis on Dexter.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Wire was just raw and awesome, I watched it a few months ago and it seemed like it finished so fast, but was worth it!

Homeland is pretty good too, if you want a cia/terrorist/turned marine conspiracy fix

I just started watching Shameless, also from showtime, its ok so far

This is an oldie but Third Watch used to be one of my favorite series along with Flash Forward.....man I wish those two were back

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Try turning off the TV and read a book.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I do that as well. Contribute or abstain from posting.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

-Trailer Park Boys

or

-Workaholics

Everything else I watch is already on your list.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
House Of Cards.

Netflix's first in house production, stars Kevin Spacey as a congressman and details power and corruption.

The whole first season is available on Netflix.

Totally worth a watch.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

if you have netflix then you should definitely give the Trailer Park Boys a shot. greatest show I've ever seen.

for normal TV i say the Workaholics
edit on 20-2-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I havent gotten too far into it, but "Hell on Wheels" has held my attention thus far. If you want to go back a few years, I highly recommend "entourage" and "Parks and Rec", or "The Office" before Steve Carrel left.

Also, "Arrested Development", the best show ever created, comes back in a few months. Catch up on the first 3 seasons if you havent seen it.
edit on 20-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh also, ARCHER.

It's a cartoon, but damn...best show I've seen in years.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Archer IS hilarious.

Was needing something since Boondocks stopped pumping out amazing content.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

You ever check out Ugly Americans?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you're looking for comedy, I definitely second the recommendations of Arrested Development and Parks and Recreation. Arrested Development is perhaps the most finely crafted comedy ever made. It's hard to explain, you just have to watch it. There's so much foreshadowing, call backs, excellent word play, double entendres, visual jokes. There's so much stuff you won't even notice half of it. And it's just hilarious.

Parks and Recreation is just awesome. The first season is very, very weak. Ride that out (it's only 6 episodes) and a few weak episodes at the start of season 2 and then it starts firing on all cylinders. It has my favorite characters on TV right now. A lot of beautiful women (if that's your persuasion). It's really funny and it's a very sweet show. It's something I always watch when I'm feeling bad because it's so extremely positive. But it's not annoying or sappy.

Community is also great.Better Off Ted is another very clever show.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Great descriptions of both Parks and Rec and Arrested. I honestly started watching parks and rec, got like 3 episodes in, and gave it up for quote a while. I came back to it, and have been hooked since.

Better off ted is a HIGHLY underrated show.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks a bunch everybody. Much appreciated. I will take all those in consideration.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I'm not confident that there will ever be a television series that captivated my attention so wholly as Breaking Bad. Although I hear that I would enjoy Dexter quite a bit, given how much I like to really screw over people who practically request my assistance in teaching them a lesson.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
- Dexter (on going) highly recommended.
- House (finished) if you are interested in solving medical mysteries, good lead actor.
- Anger Management (on going) its okay funny.
- Lost (finished) very good.
- Monk(finished) i liked it, investigator with OCD,

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Well it looks as if the new series "Red Widow" is attempting to fill the void. A law abiding woman is widowed when her husband is murdered due to his nefarious business practices and is forced by circumstance to meet his underworld obligations. She begins lying to her children to keep them "innocent". She must, as the series continues
in order to give it any sustainable plot, break bad.
We watched the first episode but the same silly premises that carried BB look to be redundant and I do not know if we will want to go along with them again.
Sunday night on ABC

top topics

<<   2 >>

join