It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to Obama from Columbine Survivor (Pro-Guns).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Columbine Massacre survivor, Evan Todd, released an open letter to President Obama in which he calls proposed anti-gun legislation post Sandy Hook as dangerous and ineffective. Letter posted by The Blaze below:

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That is the biggest thing that irks me "universal background checks". as background checks in general means this:

You are guilty, You are dangerous until you prove to the government satisfaction that you are a perfect human being(no such thing exists) and if you pass their test you are granted permission to own a firearm.

Gullty until proven innocent in Amerika people!.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I remember seeing guns for sale in hardware stores in the old days where you could buy one without a background check and recall seeing ads as a kid for guns via mail order. That changed when Lee Harvey Oswald bought his Italian Carcano bolt action rifle via mailorder. There is much more gun violence today tho than back then...but a lot of it is gang related (gang on gang or criminal gangs vs citizens).

edit on 20-2-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

There is much more gun violence today tho than back then.

That phrase comes from the anti gun crowd makes people think all those guns going around killing people the fact is it's just violence that is no different than any other era in history.

People blaming objects instead of the person who does it for an act that is already agianst the law-murder.

My hardware store still sells guns my local walmart doesn't.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.theblaze.com...
this was linked to the ops link and i found it interesting as well

Evan Todd will never forget the day that Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris burst into Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., intent on killing. How could he? He was the first student shot in the library during a massacre that claimed 12 students and one teacher and went down as one of the worst school assaults in U.S. history. Since that terrifying day, Todd has been active and open about his views on social and political issues, including gun control. But rather than fight against weapons, he’s been vocal that he doesn’t believe firearms are the culprit. In fact, the survivor is so staunch that he tells TheBlaze he’s come to view gun control as “a theory that creates an illusion of safety, but unfortunately has devastating consequences in reality.”

well as this individual is a victim of a school shooting i think he is expertly qualified to speak on this mater

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

When victims or their survivors of mass shootings like Sandy Hook and Columbine clamor for more gun control we usually cut them some slack (out of sympathy for their experience) knowing the emotionally charged component involved in their opinions...so it is refreshing to hear a realistic appraisal of the big picture by one who went thru it.

top topics

join