It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
“I see this as a replay of history,” he says. “I see this as a lead up to world war.”
The history he references is the Crash of 1929, followed by the Great Depression, currency wars, trade wars, then World War. He sees the parallel today being the “Panic of ‘08,” followed by what he believes is a “depression” in some regions (e.g. Spain, Greece, parts of the U.S.). He sees the current currency policies as the currency wars that lead to trade wars, eventually leading to all out war.
- Implanted brain chips as standard for all citizens in developed nations.
- Unchecked globalization that effectively ends the nation state.
- Endemic unemployment, instability and threat to the social order.
- A mass revolt on behalf of the middle classes of the developed world in opposition to rampant immigration, an urban under-class and the deterioration of social order.
- The revival of Marxism as a replacement for religion in an increasingly morally relativist age.
- The emergence of a terrorist coalition, an alliance that opposes the state, from ultra-nationalists and remnants of religious groups.
- The development of neutron weapons that destroy living organs but not buildings. "
The development of neutron weapons which destroy living organisms but not buildings might make a weapon of choice for extreme ethnic cleansing in an increasingly populated world. The use of unmanned weapons platforms would enable the application of lethal force without human intervention, raising consequential legal and ethical issues. The explicit use of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear weapons and devices delivered by unmanned vehicles or missiles.
There will be no peace. At any given moment for the rest of our lifetimes, there will be multiple conflicts in mutating forms around the globe. Violent conflict will dominate the headlines, but cultural and economic struggles will be steadier and ultimately more decisive. The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killing.
Oh, and one other dirty little secret from 5,000 years of history, Ethnic cleansing works.