It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines In Afghanistan Prepare for Zombie Apocalypse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I like turtles.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
sweet lets have some fun over here while we are killing people

go gi joe!!!!

wtf are we doing there again?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MisfitToy

Aim for the torso? More like the T box in the face bro, your taught that at boot camp. With that said, if you can shoot a tight group on the chest, it will still be a tight group in the face, shooting is shooting.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Thanks everybody for making this an interesting thread.

I'm out.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The zombie stuff has really been a hit the past decade.. conditioning? lol

I did read somewhere that in the bible there was something about the dead rising again.. couldn't quote the verse but hey who knows?
edit on 21-2-2013 by SocialDivvyDotNet because: redundancy (is that even a word?)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I knew there was a reason I loved the Walking Dead! Live in Alabama guess we're good to go on ammunition! LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skagnetty

Everyone knows you have to shoot them in the head sheesh

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is a Zombie Apocalypse possible? I think so, but not in the sense of undead walking the Earth. I believe the most likely scenario is the one depicted in the movie 28 Days Later.

Imagine, if you will, a supercharged mutation of rabies that spreads faster than Ebola and effects your higher brain functions and only leaves the very base survival functions intact in your brain....Humans de-evolving into that kind of mindless machine is one of the most terrifying things I can think of - Look at what we are capable of WITH higher brain function.

Regarding the OP about Marines spending their combat pay on equipment - Most likely the Marines are preparing for the collapse of society, in general, that is inevitable at some point. The Zombie stuff is a front.

edit on 2/21/2013 by OrwellWasAnOptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OrwellWasAnOptimist

At least if it was a rabies mutation, we could all use squirt guns effectively (hydrophobia is part of it)....

Rabies is scary...100% mortality rate...that's unheard of, but it is...look it up (if not treated that is). So, a mutated, airborne rabies strain could very easily create a 28 Days Later scenario.

Regarding the OP about Marines spending their combat pay on equipment - Most likely the Marines are preparing for the collapse of society, in general, that is inevitable at some point. The Zombie stuff is a front.

Yep, I use the "zombie apocalypse" excuse just to dismiss the subject of prepping and shift it away to something else.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
we are the walking dead. You get it?

We are walking around asleep right now, they are practicing, because they know we are going to wake up soon and realize. We are the zombies.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Euww, Doom, gloom, zombies AND Brad Pitt?

Oh yeah, we will be there! June? Too far away!

Sorry, did not read the thread or even the entire OP yet, just watched the trailer for WWZ...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh that is such good news, I would much rather shoot people with my garden hose than a shotgun...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure if they will actually be zombies.For those who believe in God, I found this quote from the Bible by Paul.

"The dead in Christ will rise first." The dead shall rise before those who are living on the earth are changed. The Christians whose bodies have been in the grave will be resurrected, and their bodies will be transformed into resurrection bodies, and then they will meet the Lord in the air. This will take place in the blink of the eye. It will all of this will take place in a split second before living Christians are translated from these bodies of flesh into resurrection, immortal, incorruptible bodies.

They couldn't make a movie of that,it would be over in a second.
If this happens,no BOB needed

edit on 2/21/2013 by mugger because: add

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I'm not sure if they will actually be zombies.For those who believe in God, I found this quote from the Bible by Paul.

"The dead in Christ will rise first." The dead shall rise before those who are living on the earth are changed. The Christians whose bodies have been in the grave will be resurrected, and their bodies will be transformed into resurrection bodies, and then they will meet the Lord in the air. This will take place in the blink of the eye. It will all of this will take place in a split second before living Christians are translated from these bodies of flesh into resurrection, immortal, incorruptible bodies.

They couldn't make a movie of that,it would be over in a second.
If this happens,no BOB needed

edit on 2/21/2013 by mugger because: add

In the Christian scenerio quoted, the dead are revived and given glorified bodies, bodies like Christ had upon his resurrection. Not only are the new bodies eternal and non zombielike, but they can walk through walls like the case when Jesus eneters the locked room of the Apostles.

Anyways, back to business. I think the zombie scenerio is a way the military is using to desensitize soldiers for potential mass riots. These exercises might also indicate that some type of mass mental sickness is possible that can infect the general population.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisfitToy
We're always trained and ready to fight the previous war. In an actual ZA, the military would likely be very ineffective. Most military weapons are precision weapons. They take out relatively small targets while scaring the crap out of the enemies that still remain. Zombies don't care if you just dropped their friend who was right beside them. You're not going to cramp their morale.

Also, as everyone knows, you need a clean shot to the head to take down a biter. Years of marksman training has taught all of the world's soldiers to aim for the torso, the biggest target to hit.

Your best bet is to get pretty good with a spear.

You dont need any bullets at all to win a zombie war. Just get a company or so of M1A1 Abrams on line and get them to advance as a unit. Treads will crush everything. Zombie problem solved.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Redacted. Sorry
edit on 21-2-2013 by ZeroReady because: i suck

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Thank you Captain Hindsight!
On your way you go!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

I was sure someone would be upset by that. It's just that reading through the replies to this thread made me wonder how many people were going to the Duffel Blog and taking it at face value.

I'm glad at least one other person knew it was fake.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I think everybody pretty much "Got it" only those who think that everybody didn't get it actually..

"Didn't get it"

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What about the ones who didn't get it before they got it, and then acted like they got it but are still confused?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join