It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines In Afghanistan Prepare for Zombie Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This might be the craziest thing I've ever heard... Makes you think though if our Marines know something we don't.
Didn't we just find the Zombie cell in science? I remember seeing it on Google.... Coincidence? Or Making of a Zompoc Biobomb? Either way I'd like to know from the Marines why they are spending there spoils of war money (Which honestly isn't much) on Zombie Protection Gear? Very Interesting indeed Watson~! SnF for a good laugh and a serious face

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by heyitsok

Hey I didn't...that doesn't mean......sorry.

Awww no it's ok man. I was only half serious, probably not even that much, maybe one-third serious. You're allright.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hah you gotta love the zombie apocalypse meme! Nope I'm not preparing for domestic disturbances or martial law just those damn zombies.....

It was even funnier when the US government picked up the meme and started running with it.... (Irony you either get it or you don't)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Last real FORECON guys went 1974 after 'Nam.

As for the Zombies, the only thing in this thread closely related to reality was the clip from walking dead.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Holy Crap that trailer made me jump right out of My zombie ass chair ! Whooosh it what a rush ! I've never wanted call you a dirty name more than I do right now SLAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEERR ! I never jumps at nadda.

edit on 20-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

I seen that cover but never watched it almost afraid to because 99.9% zombies movies are dumb there are a few rare gems tho.

World War z looks like it might be good taking zombies to a whole new level climbing walls, over turning greyhounds.
edit on 20-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, save your money. Pretty lame as far as zombie flicks go, but just had to have it regardless.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Lame or not it goes into my collection

Just has to.

It just has to....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Man, we shock troop, devil dog, blood sucking war machines have been prepping for the Z Apoc for a while. That was always something we loved discussing. Just like I discuss with even my wife. It's a fun bit of fantasy that might actually come to life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

I couldn't agree more as me and my fiancee' romantisize the zompoc scenerio... It's been put bluntly to me by my fiancee' that if I turn she's cutting off my head with the full tank machette I bought and putting a bullet in my head just to make sure.... Maybe not in that order but you get what I mean...

Wait until I tell her about this story later today.... Ohhhh boy is this one gonna be a fun one to tell~

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Man I want that shot gun mentioned in the article
This article puts me into two different mind sets. The first is that our obsession with zombies has gone a little too far. The second is subterfuge at it's most awkward. Let's couch our shtf by throwing in the Zombie plan.
My plan[s] are like the sarge's

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Cool zombies
Can't wait
Hope they are slow

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyax-

I dunno the slow ones are scary and the newer faster ones have their impact as well.

The World War Z audio book is available on Youtube. I just finished it, Not bad at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Biggest fear as a kid...a zombie outbreak.

My dad let me watch at a young age... 'the night of the living dead' the black and white version by the great George Romero.

I didn't read all the comments so don't know if this was mentioned...but IMO...I thinks the government has a chemical that could make any one of us a 'zombie'

And I don't think it would be the dead actually coming out of their graves...it would be just a chemical that changes you for the worst... Blahblah

Peace out playas
-nat the crazed cat-

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ok, really? Why does no one on here ever, ever seem to care about the source material?

The Duffel Blog is a satire website that makes fun of things in the military. The article is really about making fun of marines for blowing all of their money on stupid # while their wife and kids can't afford food.

See below for an article where the Army will now be fielding walker vehicles to protect Soldiers. Look familiar?

www.duffelblog.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Awory

Satire....

It's a great way to blow off steam

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Wish someone would make a zombie flick like Battle of Los Angeles was cheezy but alright.or the A-team against zombies, the Expendables agianst zombies!

Don't know what is dumber zombies or hollywood script writers

For the love that is all Holy someone needs to make a thinking mans zombie movie!
edit on 20-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Guys, c'mon.

The Duffel Blog is a joke news site like the Onion. It parodies the Army/Navy/WhateverTimes available at the PX.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Ah I love it brother. I never saw any zombies in the desert but I have seen stuff and heard stuff over there I couldn't explain. Never hurts to be prepared though!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Zombie apocalypse "preparations" are clever ways to prepare for a worst case biological attack.

The reality is, that for most people, living in urban areas their best preparation would be a plan to get out as quickly as possible, have a safe place to go, a way to get there without using main roads, bridges and highways. Enough basic survival supplies and gear to last for up to a year if needed... And this is only good if you have enough advanced warning and are able to "get out" in time.

For the troops overseas, containing the "zombies" by any means available is best... Kill everything and everyone that may be infected.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The World War Z trailer actually turned me on to buy the book.
Let me tell you, it's an excellent book.
I am duly impressed with the authors style and presentation.
Max Brooks? IIRC.

Anyways, the movie is going to be good, I'll bet.
But not as good as the book...

If the Marines are spending all their cash on WWZ, then so be it.
At least they can say they trained for it...or tried to.
I've read many o' prophecy about the dead walking again.
If it does actually happen, there will be devastation everywhere.
Not sure I see it coming, but anything is possible...
Just in case I have studied a bit of ju-katan...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join