It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible image of UFO on mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If this has already been posted please take it down mods.

This looked pretty interesting but I'm wondering if its cgi or something.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I dont get why nasa would want to hide things on mars like if there was an ancient culture there.. Why would it make a difference? They aren't there anymore that we know so what is the big deal?

Would it be an issue because of the thing like with aliens and religion, like if there are aliens everyone would stop believing religions and then the world would fail (when really it wouldn't)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I don't know why they'd hide these things either, but I've seen quite a lot of "objects" on mars looking on that curiosity cam, things that couldn't possibly be naturally occurring.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I`ve seen a lot of topics about mars anomalies here on ATS and on the internet in general.
Mars is a big place and the rovers have only explored a very tiny part of it.
There is no doubt that we have seen a remarkable number of mars photos of anomalies that bear an uncanny resemblance to things that we can identify on earth.

The thing that keeps coming up in my mind is, what are the chances that so many natural things on mars could bear such striking resemblance to things that we can identify with?
I`ve spent a lot of time out and about in nature on beaches,in mountains, in forests etc and I have never seen so many natural objects that resemble non natural objects as I seen in the mars photos.

if you explored any random place here on earth that encompasses the same sized geographical area that the rovers have covered and photographed on mars I can almost guarantee that you won`t see as many natural anomalies as the rovers have seen and photographed.

Mars should get a galactic award for having the most natural anomalies per square foot or maybe just maybe these aren`t all natural anomalies?

edit on 20-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is lots to lose in showing these items. For one religion would take a huge hit. Why do you think the Vatican has sooo much power?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Are surface temperatures conducive to water ice in the area these were taken? Perhaps glacier? The "ribs" they pointed to could be sedimentary deposits from yearly melt and refreeze... much like what happens on Earth. Maybe we now need private exploration to fix the huge problems with what public ventures have been telling us.

It seems like The Organizations are not interested in passing along the things we want to know about... so we should put them out of business with private ventures. At least then, they'd feel some sort of pressure to get real info.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I don't think Religion has that much to lose. Let's explain it as "God is all powerful. Maybe Earth wasn't big enough for all the stuff he wanted to do."

Ding. Religion solved.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The only reason I can think NASA is covering it up , is cause religion n what we kno of the universe is BS.

Do you understand what would happen if they found biological life on mars ? A lot if people would say (told you so) n me ill prolly just cry from joy

This means if there is life on mars then there might be life on the moon n also so much will change

Means NASA are liars

Life is a lie

Our creators are something else then what we thought

Religion will fall

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Very interesting video thanks for posting. I think Hoagland isn't really taken seriously here on ATS but i'm not sure why, some senior members will no doubt share their thoughts on him,

S&F from me though OP, I enjoyed it

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I dont get why nasa would want to hide things on mars like if there was an ancient culture there.. Why would it make a difference? They aren't there anymore that we know so what is the big deal?

Would it be an issue because of the thing like with aliens and religion, like if there are aliens everyone would stop believing religions and then the world would fail (when really it wouldn't)

Nasa takes its orders from the military and government so they are following orders, and some of them may feel same way.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ok I think I've worked it out, the governments have been saying for years that there are no ufos, even though they know that there are, if they admit that there was or is intelligent life on mars, they would have to admit the possibility of ufos.

I mean there are all those military reports of encounters, such as rendelsham forest etc, just as the first example that popped into my head and reports from many respected military and airline pilots. But still they say that ufos don't exist, basically they would have to admit that they have been lying for years.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
There is lots to lose in showing these items. For one religion would take a huge hit. Why do you think the Vatican has sooo much power?

Governments of countries as well. Control.
We might become "Earthlings" instead of Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Russians, etc.

TPTB don't want people unified.
That could happen if everyone knew that there were Martians, and/or other extraterrestrial worlds.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was looking around and found this web page. Has anyone seen this before?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

It sounds like from the information collated here that there would be a great deal to lose.
It would seem that with the first moon landing there was contact. How long have the various world governments known about extraterrestrial life?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

We might become "Earthlings" instead of Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Russians, etc.

That could happen if everyone knew that there were Martians, and/or other extraterrestrial worlds.

which makes me think of the whole "antichrist" scenerio. One person to unite the world. It would have to be aliens in order for all countries to unite against a commen enemy and allow 1 person or 1 governing board to rule.
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1

Originally posted by snowspirit

which makes me think of the whole "antichrist" scenerio. One person to unite the world. It would have to be aliens in order for all countries to unite against a commen enemy and allow 1 person or 1 governing board to rule.
Just a thought.

If/when intelligent life is found outside of earth TPTB will definitely try to make us believe that it is hostile lifeforms.
TPTB would lose all their control and power over the people if friendly life forms are found.

The people would no longer accept human rulers, we would want alien overlords because they would be much more advanced than us.Who wants to continue following flawed, primitive human overlords who have made such a mess of this planet when we could gain so much from following new advanced alien overlords who have advanced energy systems, medical knowledge etc.

It would be much like monkeys in a zoo, why be a follower of the monkey leader, he is in the same predicament that they are stuck behind bars unable to provide them with food, water etc The overlord to be a follower of is the humans who provide them with food, water, medical care, etc.

This is why the government and TPTB have been covering up alien contact because they would lose the allegiance of the people. If TPTB admitted to the truth about the depth of their involvement with alien cultures there would be worldwide riots and revolution to oust the human overlords and install the aliens as our overlords.

If the people of earth knew that we had contact with a species that could solve our energy needs, cure many of our uncurable diseases, and any number of of other unimaginable things, the aliens would seem like gods and the people would tear down the current systems we have in place and would follow and worship the aliens.
TPTB have nothing new to offer us just the same old same old.Advanced aliens could offer us so much.

TPTB risk losing everything if the people find out the truth about aliens and alien contact,that`s why they will claim that aliens are hostile, they would rather see the whole world destroyed rather than lose their power.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"For one religion would take a huge hit."
How do you figure this? God created man in his image there is nothing claiming he didn't keep creating.
This post is not only directed at you for I've seen this mentioned often so anyone who claims this please feel free to answer.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well, another possible reason if things are being kept secret; is right now Mars belongs to the US...if they stated any huge discovery of tech or civilization; then every other country would be scrambling trying to stake some claim to any finds or tech as well yes? Right now it's rocks, water and maybe microbes...any body want some of that? Meh no thanks. Ok...we offered snicker snicker.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I`ve seen a lot of topics about mars anomalies here on ATS and on the internet in general.
Mars is a big place and the rovers have only explored a very tiny part of it.
There is no doubt that we have seen a remarkable number of mars photos of anomalies that bear an uncanny resemblance to things that we can identify on earth.

The thing that keeps coming up in my mind is, what are the chances that so many natural things on mars could bear such striking resemblance to things that we can identify with?
I`ve spent a lot of time out and about in nature on beaches,in mountains, in forests etc and I have never seen so many natural objects that resemble non natural objects as I seen in the mars photos.

if you explored any random place here on earth that encompasses the same sized geographical area that the rovers have covered and photographed on mars I can almost guarantee that you won`t see as many natural anomalies as the rovers have seen and photographed.

Mars should get a galactic award for having the most natural anomalies per square foot or maybe just maybe these aren`t all natural anomalies?

Thankyou for that light bulb moment. Beautifully outside the box.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickles
Very interesting video thanks for posting. I think Hoagland isn't really taken seriously here on ATS but i'm not sure why, some senior members will no doubt share their thoughts on him,

S&F from me though OP, I enjoyed it

forget hoagland, try www.stanmcdaniel.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

The reason he isn't taken seriously, well this may help....

www.badastronomy.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

pseudoastro.wordpress.com...

And you can find more, as all you have to do is google Richard Hoagland debunked or hoaxed and enjoy the reading..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join