It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncover The Criminals In Your Family Online

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I always find these amusing to look through as well as interesting, the more trivial crimes of "habitual drunkard" always raises a smile here.

Millions of historical criminal records from England and Wales are going online. Half a million of the records from 1770 to 1934 have been published today by the genealogy website findmypast.co.uk in association with The National Archives.

They can now be accessed by anybody, anywhere in the world - although there will be a small fee to do so. A further two million records will be going online by the end of the year. Among the documents are court papers, verdicts, sentences and mugshots.

Many of the photographs show suspects holding their hands to their chests, in case they have an identifying feature like a missing finger.Uncover The Criminals In Your Family Online

Some look like Mary Poppins went off the rails.

Do you know of any criminals in your ancient history that you'd like to share?

Hopefully the government won't be snooping on your ancestory database, they'll probably start looking into whether mental illness or criminal behavior is hereditary.

CX.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

When I was in the fourth grade a teacher historian informed me that one of my ancestors was convicted of stealing sheep. It'll be interesting to find out whether he pleaded innocent because he was probably drunk at the time,

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sad to say, but I don't have to go online to find the criminals in my family.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dis should be fun for youse guys what all across da pond.

SnF to my Pal CX.

edit on 20-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thats actually awesome!
I really have no data to do my own genealogy other than a few gens back, but I spend a good decade doing my husbands a while ago... and it was a real adventure. Like a never ending puzzle or mystery! I found he is related not too remotely to Michael Peterson... "Charlie Bronson".. Britains most notorious prisoner.
I was writing to one of his aunts who was still in Aberystwyth at that time and said in passing " Oh yeh, dont forget to add Micky to your tree"... and thats when I found out, watched the movie and looked into his case. IM looking forward for the records in your OP to be available so I can flesh things out a bit more!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Need to get some details from my mum but a hasty legging it from running a pub due to a poisoning is apparently in our past along with a few well dodgy stories

top topics

join