It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

2 stories could kill you depending how you fall...14 stories would splatter body matter across meters

now regarding the video being edited, this is obvious to me for a multitude of reasons
1] the black font added OVER the already existing timestamp from the CCTV
2] put the video to 2:18, start to watch from here..looks as if she walks away to her left but you'll notice a few chops around 2:39 - 2:49.
3] VISIBLE delay in cam speed/timestamps at 2:57-2;59
4] doors begin to function normally after this period of time, opening and closing

it's possible someone put a piece of clear adhesive tape across the hold door button from the outside while they funneled her into taking the stairs going up or downstairs

also 0:45 -> 1:02 is just downright odd to me. even for someone allegedly under the influence thats a very calculated and precise movement which most definitely could not be replicated by a drunk/stoned person.

(see the various Cops episodes where john drunk tries to walk a straight line heel to toe)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

LOS ANGELES — An autopsy on a Canadian tourist’s body failed to determine whether she was killed or died accidentally in a giant water cistern on top of a downtown Los Angeles hotel roof. The results were inconclusive, so coroner’s officials said Thursday they will have to wait for toxicological tests to determine a cause of death for Elisa Lam, 21, of Vancouver, British Columbia. Read more: www.vancouversun.com...
Elisa Lam Autopsy Completed

Guess we will have to wait for the tox report to come out for any new info since the autopsy didn't reveal anything.

There was also a comment at the bottom of the page which seems to be from an article that says it is against the law for there to be a lock on the rooftop door of highrise buildings. So no lock, but there was an alarm which would have required a key to shut it off. I didn't see if that was ever resolved in this thread so I wanted to point that out.

OK, found the article that was quoted here.

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
She was murdered and I wish hell on who ever is responsible. My dog's crap is worth more than this coward.
edit on 23-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay here is what I see.

I was shown this video without any information on what happened, I had no heard about it whatsoever, last night.

I watched and my initial reaction was that she was on some kind of dissasociative drug due to the specific movements, block steps, wide stances. The weird hand movements. The first thing I said was "I think I know what she is on".

Well... I was then told she ended up in a tank of water. It is common for people to take disassociatives to have out of body experiences, being in water results in sensory deprivation.

But after a few more watches and learning about this woman I changed my mind all together and I will try to break down my thoughts here watching this video frame by frame.

- She enters the elevator with her head down, with a purpose. As if she had just been assaulted sexually or offended or cat-called. She is NOT wearing her glasses. The theories that she left her room quickly to use the restroom without them is just improbable. I wear glasses and contacts and I can't see anything without them, they are the first thing I reach for when doing anything other than sleeping if I am not wearing contacts (I don't if she has contacts). When she goes to stand she has her hands clenched suggesting anxiety which so far, she seems to have under some kind of control.

- When she goes to press the buttons she gets very close, indicating she has horrible vision like mine and is pointing her finger a bit away from the buttons which I think was done so she could squint and make out the buttons without hitting the wrong one (like Door Open or Hold)

- She stands there a bit then darts out keeping a foot in the elevator and does a look both ways very quickly, then quickly gets back inside, which indicates to me that she did not want to activate the motion sensors that will retract the doors if they were to try to close. When she returns she still stands in the middle of the Elevator. Remember here her vision is so bad that she cant see the buttons until they are right in front of her, how far could she possibly see down that hall? My vision is so bad I cant even make out the E during an eye exam, I barely even see a color change to know a letter is there.

- She moves to the right with her hands clasped. Then quickly to the corner by the buttons. Her head turns to the right. Indicating she heard something, that would be the safest place to be out of site. People say she has a smile here, I disagree. I have been in a few shady situations in public and at home. When I am trying to hide or be quiet, I breathe out of my mouth to control my breath and avoid any accidental nose whistling or stuffiness.

- She creeps to the precipice still "safely" inside the elevator, head goes LEFT to right to hear, or see, which indicates to me she determined the sound came from the left. Then there is the odd hop. If she had heard someone or something the hop could have been to make a noise to indicate to "whoever" that someone is on that floor to maybe scare them away. I considered momentarily it was shock at seeing someone but if you jumped out of shock your hands would come out of your pockets, it would not be a specific stance you jumped into. I believe that stance was chosen by here to make the loudest noise.

- She steps to the side again in to that same stance as if she is going to make the noise with her feet again, but thinks twice (heard something still coming her way?" and moves to having her feet together, still as can be, for stealth purposes and listening. She backs into then out of the elevator, she sees someone right here, to the right, or knows they are too close to hide. She is seeming to be just "waiting for the elevator" maybe to hide the fact its already open.

- She steps again to the left. Barely in view of the camera. It is my understanding there was another elevator to her left, perhaps she pressed that button as well 'just in case'. For the first time her hands drop and swing freely, I believe to mask her fear because she is definitely within site of someone now, her hands go up as if to indicate frustration with the elevators, to show a relaxed stretch to the person, behind her head like impatiently waiting. Perhaps some small talk is going on here, who knows we can't see. She cant see well either, she turns back to the camera with eyes closed as if she just realized the gravity of the situation, her hands go for the doors to "feel" the opening because she has her eyes closed and is realizing the situation is worse and her life truly is in danger.

- She presses buttons not with more vigor, without the specific movements before, desperately. She touches one multiple times over and over harder and harder and it also is the last one she presses (Door closed?) She moves out again hands messing with hair stands out of view but her skirt is moving which indicates to me she is talking now and soon she turns right, obviously speaking to someone.

Continued below

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
- The first movement she leans forward, her palm turns inward towards herself a minute and then she motions to the elevator moving her hand back and forth, I believe that here she is explaining the problem with the elevator and concern something is tied up with the motion sensor to seem like she feels calm and maybe convince the person she is not afraid so they wont hurt her. What fun is pursuing a victim who isn't afraid?

- She moves her right hand over and over in circles, like she is saying "Then I tried this, then I tried that" her hands go down, palm up as if she were saying " Do you know what's wrong?" "Can you help me?". Asking someone for a favor or help is known in Psychiatry to make the person immidiately feel personal and friendly towards you.

- I believe here her arms cross for a second, then she bends in the knees and starts counting off things on her fingers. A bend in the knees indicates weakness. I have two ideas. She is naming everything she has tried to do to fix the elevator, or she is personalizing herself to the person which if you travel alone as a woman you know that the more you personalize yourself to a potential thread, the less likely they are to act.

- Her hands then clasp together and she pulls them into her chest with another bend in the knee. Imagine yourself begging "Please PLEASE PLEASE dont hurt me". With each please, you would bend in the knees. Try it. She bends twice more and the last bend in the knees is lower, more emphasized, and desperate. Her hands are clasped again at her side, she runs her fingers through her hair in anxiety. She steps forward slowly, makes a very specific and curt turn to the right as if she knows what is about to happen,and is making herself move despite fear. The end. The elevator finally closes, I still have no clue why it was open so long unless she kept mistakingly pressing HOLD which I dont know how long a hold lasts if someone knows I will attempt to time it between the two occasions she presses buttons.

Holes in theories:

Suicide:
That floor is closest to the roof. She is trying to get down from there. She obviously has no desire to be on that floor.

Bipolar:
Maybe she is bipolar, OCD, and ADD as is suggested in blogs that I do not know are verified as being hers and she is having some sort of manic or depressive psychotic episode. Trust me I am all three of those diagnoses and have had those swings before I was stable on medication and it would not drive me to act this way or do something as drastic as jump in a water cistern. Honestly, I wouldn't know that's what the tank was or that there was a way to get in to one. I see her actions as being very calm and calculated and SMART.

Running out of sleeping pills/ On drugs:
This blows a hole straight through the idea she was on a hypnotic sleep aid which CAN make you act this way. On any drug that causes hallucinations INCLUDING AMBIEN I -know- that you could not behave this reasonably. She would get caught up in staring at the buttons, feeling the walls or carpet, staring at the patterns in the floor, especially when fear is invoked on this type of substance she would be thrown into a hallucinogenic nightmare and would be more terrified.

She's playing some sort of prank? That is ridiculous in my opinion. I have travelled alone since I could drive. Even meeting up with internet friends and staying in a hotel with them without having met them before. I know the dangers of travelling alone as a woman and made myself aware of safety precautions and how to act when in a sticky situation. Young women disappearing is all over the news, and safety precautions too. I belive this woman is smart, and wouldn't have purposefully put herself in this kind of danger.

I have a ton of unanswered questions but the MOST important point I have to make is....

We HAVE NO SOUND
Sound could change the way we view this entirely. If I knew how, I would throw in some sounds at certain intervals just to prove how it would change the interpretation of the video itself. Keep that in mind when assessing this obviously edited video.

And that's what I think!
Val

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's murder and someone is covering it up. An alarm sounds when the roof is accessed. May justice rain down as a thousand arrows on their head.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

The results were inconclusive

We know right away she didn't drown then. Which means, she must have been dead before going in the tank. Even hypothermia would show on the post-mortem.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
reply to post by Vasa Croe

my apologies, my poor eyesight played a trick on me, but still, it look like someone is outside the elevator

I think the elevator staying open that long is kinda unusual, but its my opinion
edit on 20-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

I think there's buttons that hold the door open.

It looks to be puzzling how she got into the tank

Police initially called her disappearance suspicious. Investigators are now considering the possibility of foul play because of where the body was found.

Lam's body was located at the bottom of one cistern that was about three-quarters full of water, Los Angeles police Sgt. Rudy Lopez said.

The opening at the top of the cistern is too small to accommodate firefighters and equipment, so they had to cut a hole in the storage tank to recover Lam's body.

The cisterns are on a platform at least three metres above the roof. To get to the tanks, someone would have to go to the top floor then take a staircase with a locked door and emergency alarm preventing roof access. Another ladder would have to be taken to the platform and a person would have to climb the side of the tank. Lopez said there are no security cameras on the roof.
CBC news

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
She might have been pressing all the buttons to have the elevator stop on each floor, so the attacker, if there is one, won't know which floor she got off. The elevator is stopping on different floors.

After she has exited the elevator the video has interference and it almost appears there is a shadow inside it. Could be the poor quality.

If there was an assailant on the floor she was hiding from, why would she get out to be seen? I wouldn't, I would want the doors to close as fast as possible. She isn't wearing her glasses so she could have very poor vision and not know what buttons she was pressing.
edit on 23-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

A timeline of Elisa Lam’s death:
Jan. 26: Travelled to California
Jan. 31: Last seen at The Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles
Feb. 1: Lam is recorded acting strangely in hotel elevator
Feb. 1: Lam was due to check out of hotel, but never surfaced
Feb. 6: LAPD hold press conference about disapperance, family attends
Feb. 19: Body found on hotel roof in a water tank

Read more: bc.ctvnews.ca...
edit on 23-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Few things,
1, If you are running from someone why take an elevator? You know you would have to wait. Stairs would be the best option. She doesn't seem to be rushing as she enters the elevator.

2, If her eyes were that bad she would have a hard time finding the elevator buttons in the hallway.

3, Possible she got off on wrong floor, went to a room she thought was hers and walked into something? Who hasn't got off on the wrong floor in a hotel??

4, Her crazy actions could be from head trauma? I have been knocked in the head/jaw a few times and would act sort of that way. Also would explain why she doesn't have her glasses.

edit on 23-2-2013 by PLUMBER1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is allegedly Lam's blog:
nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com...

The blogger wrote:

I’m going out tonight

I really hope no creeper comes near me

Seriously though

those Italian and Mexican guys go after you STRONG

Show the slightest inclination and they hound you

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Was there a date on that blog?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Three weeks ago is what everyone says. Can't really see the date anywhere, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i just want to point out a few of things:

1) there is clearly a ladder that is easily accessible from the ground that takes you to the roof of the enclosure next to the tanks. you could easily climb it and then drop down to the tank in question:

2) not that it would be as easy as #1, but the railing on the wall next to the tank in question goes more than halfway up the side as you can see here:

as you can see from the fireman standing right against the railing - you could fairly easily climb the railing and hoist yourself onto the tank.

3) the hole is plenty big for someone to get into:

regardless, i still feel she was murdered. the video is truly strange though. Dark Water, much

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e

1) there is clearly a ladder that is easily accessible from the ground that takes you to the roof of the enclosure next to the tanks. you could easily climb it and then drop down to the tank in question:

But how would you pull that off carrying the dead weight of a 21 year old woman?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

But how would you pull that off carrying the dead weight of a 21 year old woman?

maybe she was alive and forced to climb the ladder.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Unless you're very weak it wouldn't be hard considering she wasn't fat. She was a small framed girl. Plus, maybe the person responsible did it right after or soon after she was killed. Also, an alarm sounds when the roof is accessed. This is clearly a cover up.

Is no one actually reading the articles?

The opening at the top of the cistern is too small to accommodate firefighters and equipment, so they had to cut a hole in the storage tank to recover Lam's body.

The cisterns are on a platform at least three meters above the roof. To get to the tanks, someone would have to go to the top floor then take a staircase with a locked door and emergency alarm preventing roof access. Another ladder would have to be taken to the platform and a person would have to climb the side of the tank. Lopez said there are no security cameras on the roof.

An autopsy on a Canadian tourist's body failed to determine whether she was killed or died accidentally in a giant water cistern on top of a downtown Los Angeles hotel roof.

The results were inconclusive, so coroner's officials said Thursday they will have to wait for toxicological tests to determine a cause of death for Elisa Lam, 21, of Vancouver, British Columbia.

Police have called her death suspicious.

Given all the information we know, I'd say it's more than suspicious. What kind of detective work is this? They should examine the video. How is it people here can see the video has been clearly edited but they haven't? This stuff just really makes you shake your head. A curse on who ever is responsible!
edit on 24-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

2) not that it would be as easy as #1, but the railing on the wall next to the tank in question goes more than halfway up the side as you can see here:

as you can see from the fireman standing right against the railing - you could fairly easily climb the railing and hoist yourself onto the tank.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PaperbackWriter
I don't think it looks big at all. In fact, none of this story rings true. Did people say the "video" did not even show her face, that she was looking down and no glasses?

I read about her fb page having been made a short time prior. Oh, how often that seems to be the case these days. Just how neat such a fakeable thing as facebook is the new be all and end all ID backstory for people, these days.

It was interesting when I looked up Cecil Hotel that there was a notorious defunct one by that name in Vancouver, BC. She allegedly WAS from BC, if I am halfway following this story.

Put it all together and, it seems to me the story, as often is the case with the MSM, is it is fake.
A made up story from start to finish.
A lot of films are made in Canada now. The Hollywood of the North, as they say.
Nobody pays much attention to the news now unless it is big news, or strange news or gross news or news of an
increasing macabre nature. Such is the bar raised or lowered depending on your perspective of it.

I will go on record as having stated there was no body (nobody) found in a water tank for which people were drinking and brushing their teeth for days on end, IMO.

But, a diversion for the folks to titter over in the wake of Chris Dorner fiasco storyline, that was a mostly fake story in itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) the hole is plenty big for someone to get into:

regardless, i still feel she was murdered. the video is truly strange though. Dark Water, much

Response is among the photos.
edit on 24-2-2013 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't see how h4y6d2e can dare say this is a fake story. Some of you live in la la land. It's like saying no one died on 9/11. If you were friends or family of Elisa Lam, would you want someone saying it was fake? It's disgusting.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
yeah i know the feeling, i been repeating the same in all of my posts in this thread, but nones took the time to actualy read.

Deny ignorance ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join