It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Are you saying the media is only sensationalizing this story based on a fictional narrative of possibly contaminated drinking water? It was made up? Made up why? It was this complaint of low water pressure that sent a maintenance man up there in the first place. Chronologically, this must take place in order for any body to be found at all
And why would a maintenance man be going there to fix the water pressure if it wasn't connected anyway?

First of all, for the sheer number of adults who go missing every year, I find it suspect that even before her alleged body is discovered she is singled out by the media for her case to be spotlighted in the HuffPo.
Later I read she had commented on a story about the invisibility cloak company which supposedly resides in the same Cecil Hotel with the hostel Stay at Main. Rather an odd place to put a Raytheon offshoot.
But, whatever, it's their story.

Now, since no alarm sounded as would have occured had the roof exit door opened, then I will assume this door never opened. Is that cool with you?
In addition, it seems unlikely that a body was found in this cistern on the roof which we are told had an opening so small that the FD had to cut a larger opening. What it does not specify was whether or not this was also so small that no person could enter through it. We were not shown the lid that supposedly contained no lock which would have made the Hotel or building owner liable for negligence, were this tank an actual current potable water source. Agreed? So having looked at most tanks like this they have a small opening that a measuring stick fits into to take water level samples.

Considering the history of the Hotel, the media, LA cops, who surprisingly or not were the ones who released an
edited surveillance video for who knows what reason. In it the person alleged to be the victim is shown halting the elevator herself by pressing the HOLD DOOR button. What can be assumed further is that she really is not pressing a whole lot of other buttons to floors. It seems likely the only button she REALLY presses is the door button. Now, her actions, especially her "startle" jump, seem entirely staged. Now who or why this vignette is
performed is debatable.

I personally think the name is too coincidental with the other TB story, so that I think it is fictitious and part of
whatever this psy-op is all about. It seems to me the gratioustous grossness of allowing the public to think
there were people who were drinking or bathing in two week old corpsewater, is the main takeaway that people will remember. However, I do not think this ever happened. I think the people who gave their witness stories to the media are roleplayers in this event. The media is always a useful tool. And considering the photo I saw
here: fotoforensics.com...
seems entirely photoshopped so that the person portraying Elisa Lam probably didn't actually wear glasses anyway.

This is my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Later I read she had commented on a story about the invisibility cloak company which supposedly resides in the same Cecil Hotel with the hostel Stay at Main. Rather an odd place to put a Raytheon offshoot.

Got any link or source ?

Now, her actions, especially her "startle" jump, seem entirely staged.

can you explain why it look staged ?

considering the photo I saw here: fotoforensics.com... seems entirely photoshopped so that the person portraying Elisa Lam probably didn't actually wear glasses anyway.

purely speculation, so far can you provide any proof about the photoshopping and Elisa lam not needing glasses ?
edit on 26-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

In addition, it seems unlikely that a body was found in this cistern on the roof which we are told had an opening so small that the FD had to cut a larger opening.

Ok, can you prove it, or explain us why ?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

She's probably talking about her twitter account. All she did was link to the story about the invisibility cloak.

She was only found because people complained of low water pressure. Why do I feel so much is a conspiracy with you? Is it every day that missing people turn up naked in a water container? Of course not. I don't see what's so hard for you to grasp why this gained the attention of the Huffington Post and others. It hasn't even gained that much attention. I saw the video from the elevator on t.v once! Since that time nothing else has been said about it!

All you've done is given a bunch of speculation with no facts at all. You are writing a story which fits your name. When you're after the truth, rumors, speculation, opinions which are not built on any evidence, is irresponsible and not needed at all. This really happened and those responsible need to be found. now this sick creep from that music band may have been involved and if he is, the truth will come out.
edit on 26-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

before her alleged body is discovered she is singled out by the media for her case to be spotlighted in the HuffPo.

I see what soaringhawk was talking about. There is no alleged body. That's because her body was discovered. To be alleged means there is no proof. So you can't use that word in this context.

Now, since no alarm sounded as would have occurred had the roof exit door opened, then I will assume this door never opened. Is that cool with you?

No, that's not cool with me. Reason being, it's pure speculation on your part. How else would she get to the roof? Fire escape you say? The logic to follow would be she left the 15th floor on her own accord, went down the stairs, (because we know she didn't take the elevator) then managed to get onto the fire escape ladder.

This one to be specific.

So assuming you're correct about not using the door, this would mean she would have to have access to the corner suit fire escape. Unless the killer did...something to think about...

In addition, it seems unlikely that a body was found in this cistern on the roof which we are told had an opening so small that the FD had to cut a larger opening. What it does not specify was whether or not this was also so small that no person could enter through it.

No, the fire department cut a bigger hole because they couldn't get their gear in there.

The opening at the top of the cistern was too small to accommodate firefighters and equipment, so they cut a hole in the storage tank to recover Lam's body.

It seems likely the only button she REALLY presses is the door button.

Sorry, but I really don't think you know what your talking about. She CLEARLY presses all the buttons in the center column. You can clearly see them light up, then flick off as the elevator goes down levels. Yes, she hit the door hold button,by accident. I'm not sure what your point is anymore.

Ok reading further I see what your going on about. You think this was a staged event and was really the efforts of viral technicians at work distributing TB in an attempt to cause an outbreak.
To each their own I guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

before her alleged body is discovered she is singled out by the media for her case to be spotlighted in the HuffPo.

I see what soaringhawk was talking about. There is no alleged body. That's because her body was discovered. To be alleged means there is no proof. So you can't use that word in this context.

Now, since no alarm sounded as would have occurred had the roof exit door opened, then I will assume this door never opened. Is that cool with you?

No, that's not cool with me. Reason being, it's pure speculation on your part. How else would she get to the roof? Fire escape you say? The logic to follow would be she left the 15th floor on her own accord, went down the stairs, (because we know she didn't take the elevator) then managed to get onto the fire escape ladder.

This one to be specific.

So assuming you're correct about not using the door, this would mean she would have to have access to the corner suit fire escape. Unless the killer did...something to think about...

In addition, it seems unlikely that a body was found in this cistern on the roof which we are told had an opening so small that the FD had to cut a larger opening. What it does not specify was whether or not this was also so small that no person could enter through it.

No, the fire department cut a bigger hole because they couldn't get their gear in there.

The opening at the top of the cistern was too small to accommodate firefighters and equipment, so they cut a hole in the storage tank to recover Lam's body.

It seems likely the only button she REALLY presses is the door button.

Sorry, but I really don't think you know what your talking about. She CLEARLY presses all the buttons in the center column. You can clearly see them light up, then flick off as the elevator goes down levels. Yes, she hit the door hold button,by accident. I'm not sure what your point is anymore.

Ok reading further I see what your going on about. You think this was a staged event and was really the efforts of viral technicians at work distributing TB in an attempt to cause an outbreak.
To each their own I guess.

What? You say I am speculating because the door alarm did not go off that the door never opened. Then YOU proceed to speculate that she clambered up the fire escape?!

As for your last paragraph, please point out where I ever said anything about some technician distributing TB to cause an outbreak. You are out of your mind and really wandering around off the reservation here.

I choose not to buy into every scripted news story. Perhaps it would do you good to be a bit more discriminating in what you perceive as gospel when it comes to them and their reporting.

I don't know what you are talking about the elevator buttons lighting up as the elevator goes through the floors.
The elevator never moved at all in the video I watched.

To each their own indeed.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know Morbid personally. He hasn't been to that hotel in a year at least, he hasn't even been in the United States since last year. he has been working on music making videos and trying to get things going with his band. He has worked with the likes of Morbid Angel and many other big names in the metal music business. He has been around the world with his music career and just as any one trying to rise to the top someone is there to try to push him back down. Morbid is a musician, he is an artist, not a murderer. I talk to him everyday. This rumour that has gotten around the internet has cost him a lot of harassment. I am not posting this on his behalf I am posting this as his friend. However this began it needs to end. He feels at a loss as to what to do about this. It's out of control and completely un warranted.
Marsmind

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What? You say I am speculating because the door alarm did not go off that the door never opened. Then YOU proceed to speculate that she clambered up the fire escape?!

I never speculated she climbed the fire escape. I was merely projecting what I thought your answer would be regarding to how she got on the roof without using the door. PaperbackWriter needs some reading comprehension skills. How did she get on the roof then? skydive? Oh that's right, you don't believe there ever was a person named Elisa Lam from Vancouver who died while traveling to L.A....

As for your last paragraph, please point out where I ever said anything about some technician distributing TB to cause an outbreak.

Ok.

I personally think the name is too coincidental with the other TB story, so that I think it is fictitious and part of whatever this psy-op is all about.

English is a fantastic language isn't it? Where you can say what you want to say without actually saying it? And then just flat out deny ever saying anything lol. What's your point m'am?

I choose not to buy into every scripted news story. Perhaps it would do you good to be a bit more discriminating in what you perceive as gospel when it comes to them and their reporting.

And neither do I. But thanks for the advice.

I don't know what you are talking about the elevator buttons lighting up as the elevator goes through the floors. The elevator never moved at all in the video I watched.

You have obviously not watched, read, researched, or even put one shred of effort into this story what-so-ever other than to just come here and say it's a psy-op, TB scandal. If you're going to actually try and contradict me with your above statement, then all I have to say is I'm done wasting my time with you. Troll somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marsmind
I know Morbid personally. He hasn't been to that hotel in a year at least, he hasn't even been in the United States since last year. he has been working on music making videos and trying to get things going with his band. He has worked with the likes of Morbid Angel and many other big names in the metal music business. He has been around the world with his music career and just as any one trying to rise to the top someone is there to try to push him back down. Morbid is a musician, he is an artist, not a murderer. I talk to him everyday. This rumour that has gotten around the internet has cost him a lot of harassment. I am not posting this on his behalf I am posting this as his friend. However this began it needs to end. He feels at a loss as to what to do about this. It's out of control and completely un warranted.
Marsmind

I guess whoever invented the storyline she went to see his band in concert in San Diego was not aware of this.

You ever heard of this Richard Schmelter guy?
Is he the one who is well-connected to online entertainment, if you know?

www.linkedin.com...

TIA

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Marsmind

right when the thread get really serious

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You ever heard of this Richard Schmelter guy? Is he the one who is well-connected to online entertainment, if you know?

then can you actually explain us what is the link between Richard Schmelter and the actual story ,except he made a fb page with her picture ,you think its elisa lam behind him on the picture ?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

She was a groupie. That's why she was traveling alone and staying at the same hotel, then off to San Diego. I'm not quite sure what his band's name is but I'm going check and see if they were in Vancouver recently.

ETA: Band's name either slitwrist or death of desire. Or both
edit on 25-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

IT WAS CHANGED TO DYNASTY OF DARKNESS RECENTLY. HERE IS THE BAND WEBSITE. dynastyofdarkness.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

She was a groupie. That's why she was traveling alone and staying at the same hotel, then off to San Diego. I'm not quite sure what his band's name is but I'm going check and see if they were in Vancouver recently.

ETA: Band's name either slitwrist or death of desire. Or both
edit on 25-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

IT WAS CHANGED TO DYNASTY OF DARKNESS RECENTLY. HERE IS THE BAND WEBSITE. dynastyofdarkness.com...

And to the point in AnonyWarps post above, did they ever play Vancouver? Obviously, they weren't in San DIego nor a tour date upcoming. Correct? So how or why would she even know these people who change their band name like their underwear?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsmind

Death of Desire was born in Bruchsal, Germany in 2008 with Dawn Desiree on vocals and Morbid on guitars. First demo recordings and video footage were recorded in an abandoned military complex from the Second World War which used to be the 'Bundesnachrichtendienst Zentrale' or the Secret Service

Link

Dynasty of Darkness was born in Bruchsal, Germany in 2008. First recordings and video footage were recorded in an abandoned military complex from the Second World War which used to be the 'Bundesnachrichtendienst Zentrale' or the Secret Service for the Nazis, the compositions were created behind ... See Full Bio

Link

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Dynasty of Darkness is apparently located in LA actualy

And the former sex offender Alvin Taylor still lives in the Cecil hotel.
www.latimes.com

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

People can be part of more than one band at time. The only name change was when it went from Death of Desire to Dynasty of Darkness. Slitwrist is a separate band/project, and no they haven't played Vancouver or any shows in a while. It's a newer band now with a few different members, they are trying to get their feet off the ground again. They have not went on tour yet.

www.thegauntlet.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by Marsmind because: adding link

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

People can be part of more than one band at time. The only name change was when it went from Death of Desire to Dynasty of Darkness. Slitwrist is a separate band/project, and no they haven't played Vancouver or any shows in a while. It's a newer band now with a few different members, they are trying to get their feet off the ground again. They have not went on tour yet.

Thanks. I just find this whole angle a bit bizarre. I think someone saw the 2010 pics which I found kinda
hoaky of this Morbid XIII person stylin and profilin at the Cecil and decided to incorporate it into the story.

No less bizarre the interview I watched earlier of Katie Orphan, the manager of The Last Bookstore who had such memorable details to relate of her chance meeting with "Elisa Lam" where she asked her if she thought the book she was buying was "too big" to carry around with her. www.wptv.com...
Why a person who runs a 10,000 sq foot book store in LA would remember someone she met about 3 weeks prior is odd in itself. Unless she behaved in a way to BE memorable. (I guess just that alone would make her somewhat memorable, but recalling a name and a face???, to remember, Oh yeah, most of my customers buy books because of the subject matter, seldom does the heft of the book "weigh" in the decision, especially as how would this lady determine whether or not it was 'too big" to carry around, to recall, that was her alright?!)

BTW, If he is the same Morbid who belonged to the other band named Dynasty of Darkness, shouldn't he be preparing for their All Europe tour? Quite an impressive list of tour dates on the link posted above.
edit on 26-2-2013 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2013 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

www.thegauntlet.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by Marsmind because: adding link

Elsie Ham?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I don't know, not to brag but I have a pretty good memory. I can recall like a video. I remember people I only met for a minute or so when I was a child. My earliest memory is from 2 months after I turned 1. Not everyone is the same. We can remember things we don't know why we remember. I know I do.
edit on 27-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Here is an interesting comment thread from the LA Times:

Nate Bentley

You are all making me angry with these stupid conspiracies. How many of you have ever been to skid row? How many of you have ever tried booking a hotel in Los Angeles and the Cecil was top of the list as the cheapest per night? None of you commenting are taking her death as hard as I am because I lived in the Cecil for a month before escaping my own death. Last summer, I ran away after dropping out of college and ended up at the cecil because it was all I could afford. While I was there, I was nearly raped, assaulted, charged for possession, theft, and fraud. I was robbed and my life was threatened. The police would not help me and so I went into hiding days before my flight would leave. Her death effects me because no one knows more about what you experience there more than the ones who actually stayed there!
There is no evil cult! Only a god damn sex offender on the 10th floor who calls himself Alvin Taylor and his adopted son Aiden who is a definitely a manipulative criminal who will do anything for money and who I also suspect in this case with Elisa... I'm speaking out about this because I honestly do believe that he is still trying to find me and I honestly do believe that her death is involved with him.

Reply · 8 ·

· 11 hours ago

Orly Frank · Top Commenter · UC Berkeley

Report this to the police Nate. I think they are involved in a cover up . No one is touting conspiracies. I think this place should have been condemned and shut down decades ago. Why is it still open luring unsuspecting visitors and starving students to their deaths ?

Reply · 1 ·

· 11 hours ago

Nate Bentley

It's still open because of the high number of felons and sex offenders in the area who, by law, are required housing for their probation and because they can't get jobs, they are placed in cheap housing by the state. Skid row is the cheapest area in Los Angeles because of the high crime rate.
The police will not help you unless someone was shot, stabbed, or killed.
I went to the police station several blocks away from the Cecil and told them everything. They rote my report on a sticky note and told me to leave.

Reply ·

· 11 hours ago

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Can someone please translate?
edit on 27-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join