It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews and other conservative media rip WWE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

13 or 14 years ago, when I was into wresting, Stone Cold Steve Austin ( a redneck, and surely his persona would be a tea partier) was all the rage. He was the coolest guy in the game. The biggest bad guy? The Rock, who was known as the "Corporate Champion". Kind of a flip from where it is now, dontcha think?

To get upset over this is silly. This is what they do. Its what they have always done. Its what they will always do.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Helious

13 or 14 years ago, when I was into wresting, Stone Cold Steve Austin ( a redneck, and surely his persona would be a tea partier) was all the rage. He was the coolest guy in the game. The biggest bad guy? The Rock, who was known as the "Corporate Champion". Kind of a flip from where it is now, dontcha think?

To get upset over this is silly. This is what they do. Its what they have always done. Its what they will always do.

No, no, I agree, completely. I was just saying that they do it, not that it means anything. They have been doing this since I was 12 or 13 and LOVED wrestling, back then it was the Iron Sheik and someobdy with an American flag kicking his ass and everybody clapping and screaming.

They will take any current fad or facet in society and incorporate into the show if they think they can get one more person to watch and add to their advertising revenue. I do miss the Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man though.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
I do miss the Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man though.

Me too. I've been watching wrasslin' since the days of Rip Hawk and Swede Hanson, Gene and Ole Anderson, Johnny Weaver and George Becker, guys like that. I still remember when Ric Flair was Rookie of the Year.

BTW, Doom kicked Galactus' butt in Secret Wars.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What I said in the duplicate thread.....

Do you not know wrestling? They have the most "racist" caricatures of anything I've ever seen.

It's a show, get over it. Racist hillbillys aren't victims.

edit on 21-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join