posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:53 PM
A few points:
1) The NWO gimmick was WCW. In was the brainchild of Terry Bolea ( Hulk Hogan ) and Eric Bishoff. Ironically it is both WCW's most successful plot
line and also the one that helped to sink the company.
2) WWE is entertainment. They don't even call their wrestlers "wrestlers". They call them "Superstars". It is not difficult, at all, to find
"shoot" interviews ( interviews done out of character - interviews in character and storyline are called "works" or "kayfabe" ) that discuss
this in great detail. This does not detract, however, from the fact that this "fake" sport is every bit as dangerous as any full contact "real"
sport. Career ending injuries are common, including broken necks and backs.
3) Alex Jones is an idiot. He has also recently done a piece on the Harlem Shake. Apparently it's a slow week for tracking the Bildebergers and FEMA
4) The new Jack Swagger character - the Tea Party overkill one - is exactly what one would expect from wrestling writers. Anytime an issue becomes
heated or socially polarizing, you can expect a wrestler to end up becoming a parody of that issue. In the case of Swagger it's a two fold thing. He
is deaf and when he talks it is painfully obvious that he is deaf. IE he has no microphone skills. In the storyline his "Uncle" was introduced, at
first as an "ideal American" type figure ( to help kill off Swaggers old character - which was a mix of greased up deaf guy and Brock Lesnar ) who
quickly "proved" to be small minded and rather bigoted and disillusions. This allows for Swagger ( A very large and skilled athlete ) to stand there
doing what he's good at ( looking mean ) while this Uncle character does the talking.
5) Fox news grows increasingly irresponsible IMO - as do many other media outlets. Long gone are the days of "Here is the news. What do you think?".
Now it is all about "This is the news and you will think exactly what we tell you!!!" News has stopped being journalism these days and is more about
pedantic cow towing to a chosen demographic than anything else. In that regard, Fox, like others, manufactures the news that suits their viewer-ship.
6) Don't judge! I watch wrasslin because I find it funny!