It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulgarian Prime Minister - Entire Government Resign!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to post a video of the protests in your home town Severin.It looks like a few thousand protesters , at least.

Do you have any news on the 2nd burns victim you can share with ATS? I understand he is a 26 year old man by the name of Plamen Goranov. The last I heard was he was still critically ill in hospital.Poor fella.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Hmm, it doesn't look too good. He is in a drug induced coma and on life support at the moment. Doctors are planning to operate on him today, I guess some kind of skin graft?? but it doesn't specifically say. The good news is that his heart and kidneys are stable.

His many friends are donating blood non-stop to him so the blood transfusion centre has remained open 24/7 to accommodate this.

Apparently a sign was found next to his body calling for the mayor and the entire city council of Varna to resign.

Source

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is getting really bad now

Yesterday another person self-immolated, thats 3 now in a week. People are reaching desperation with no real end to the situation.

A 53-year-old man has set himself on fire in the southern town of Radnevo, becoming the third such case in Bulgaria in just a week. The man entered the building of the Radnevo Municipality about 4 pm on Tuesday and told the officials that he was going to set himself ablaze. Second later he lit a match and burst into flames. The man has been hospitalized with 70% burns at a specialized clinic in the southern city of Plovdiv.
Source

The President has invited the leaders of the protests to meet with him to discuss a way forward, but he was clear in saying...

Some of the protester’s demands are possible to fulfill, while other are not realistic,” he said, without identifying specific demands.
Source
This is going to turn into a long hard battle as the public distaste for the political system means the protesters are in no mood for compromise.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

It's absolutely tragic to hear of yet another man feeling so desperate at the situation in his homeland that he has set himself on fire. How many more must suffer before justice is done and a more equitable system is put in place in the beleaguered country

Given the lack of media coverage here in the UK and very probably elsewhere out with Bulgaria? this thread really does deserve a far far bigger audience given the turn of events since it was originally posted.

Thank you once again Severin. Your input has been invaluable, my friend.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thanks my friend, yeah its pretty disheartening to be posting this stuff knowing that its getting such little coverage, but I just feel that there has to be a record of this somewhere outside my country and ATS is the perfect place to do it.

There's so much more going on that just doesn't make it onto the internet too. The TV news has some pretty disturbing stuff these days.

In Sofia the protests are pretty hard-core and there are large groups of people just sitting across the roads stopping traffic, I mean its pretty pointless really but i guess people are just trying to show how they feel and they don't know what else to do. Anyway, some idiot decides that he will drive right through them, the TV caught this on film and a guy tries to dive out of the way and ends up getting hit and bouncing on the bonnet and windshield, he then starts beating on the guys car smashing it up... its just crazy man.

In Plovdiv the other night some people set fire to the head offices of the electric company, not to destroy it - just in protest. here's a video:

People are just so stressed and desperate, no money for food and heating destroys peoples will, I hope to god that there are no more burnings, but in all honesty I think there will be more. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just an update on Plamen Goranov. Unfortunately he died last night. Please see this thread:
R.I.P Plamen Goranov
edit on 4-3-2013 by Severin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

R.I.P Plamen

Tragic news indeed but thank you for the update Severin.

edit on 4-3-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: spelling err

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I have nothing meaningful to post - just want you to know that people are reading this - I seem to get more real news on ATS than anywhere else.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Bulgaria, as with everyone else who is feeling deprived of even the necessities in this world. This will eventually come to all of us. I'm in the USA.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ugh. Waking up to news of another person dying after setting themselves on fire due to stress from extreme poverty. This time it is a 53 year old father of five named Ventsislav Vasilev.

He self immolated on february 26th in the town of Radnevo. he suffered 75% burns and according to the hospital's press release...

...his condition remained critical for the whole 12 days of struggle for his life, and he passed away from organ failure.

Novinite.com

Its also been revealed that he actually had to borrow 3 Levs ($2) to buy the gasoline to kill himself with.
Novinite.com

Where's the F**kin' Outrage

In the past week just in one city there has been a wave of suicides including 3 hangings, 2 jumping of high bridges and one woman jumping in the path of a train.
Noinite.com
edit on 10-3-2013 by Severin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A fourth man today self immolated in front of the Presidents office in Sofia, he is Dimitar Dimitrov, a 51 year old craftsman. His condition is said to be 'serious'.
Novinite.com

More news will undoubtedly be forthcoming soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Where is the outrage, indeed my friend.

The worlds media are almost silent on the goings in your homeland at the present time, which is in itself an outrage but thank you once again for updating us on ATS with the latest news from Sofia, Severin.

If these events were taking place in New York or London they would be on the front page of every major newspaper.:

To be honest, words almost fail me at the horror of what is unfolding in Bulgaria at the present moment my friend but my thoughts and prayers are with the good people of the country and in particular Dimitar Dimitrov and his loved ones at this extremely difficult time for the craftsman and his family.

edit on 13-3-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

R.I.P. Ventsislav Vasilev

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Now the protests are much larger, I hope they succeed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join