It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahra Aboutalib: The 46 year pregnancy sleeping baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey there, I recently found a story about a 46 year pregnancy and when I watched it/read it i was disgusted actually, but what you think is up to you.

This astonishing documentary examines two remarkable pregnancies. In one, a 75-year-old Moroccan woman gave birth to a ‘stone baby’, 46 years after it was conceived. And a British woman describes her ectopic pregnancy, in which her baby developed outside the womb.
This almost always leads to the baby’s death, but in one of the cases, a boy who developed in the stomach lining and was delivered two months early, survived as one of triplets – at odds of around 60 million to one.
In 1955, in a small village outside Casablanca, Zahra Aboutalib went into labour. Forty-eight hours later, the baby was still unborn so Zahra was rushed to hospital. However, after watching a young woman die in agony on the operating table, she turned and fled in panic, convinced she would suffer the same fate.
Days of excruciating pain followed, then the pains suddenly stopped. Zahra believed in the local myth of the ‘sleeping baby’, so put the pregnancy out of her mind, believing the baby would be born at a later date.

This never happened, and many decades passed – during which time Zahra adopted three children and became a grandmother. Aged 75, the agonising pains returned, but several doctors couldn’t explain them. Then Dr Taibi Quazzani, who felt that Zahra’s swollen stomach indicated an ovarian tumour, sent her for scans.
The result was shocking: the mass inside Zahra’s stomach was a calcified baby. Unable to be born, the baby – which had developed outside the womb and fused with Zahra’s internal organs – had died.

To protect itself from infection from this ‘foreign body’, the body developed a layer of hard calcified material around the dead baby. This hardened over the years. The operation to remove the calcified foetus was a tricky one, as over the decades it had fused with both Zahra’s abdominal wall and the internal organs.

www.channelten.co.uk... Read more here if you wish

Tell me what you think
thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Pretty amazing stories. About 20 years ago I had 2 stones the size of robins eggs taken from my left knee.
The Doc said that they were the calcified remains of ACL & PCL ligaments torn when I was about 10 years old. After 20 years of floating around in my knee joint they were finally extracted. They now reside in a jar of alcohol in my medicine cabinet.
The body can do some pretty bizarre things.
edit on 2/20/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

wow,Sounds strange
I knew a friend who fell over and she said there was something sticking in to her knee and you could see a rock from underneath her skin.

edit on 20-2-2013 by LinneaCapri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The video is 46 mins log..kinda funny that.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est) as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment (if time allows us). We appreciate your time, research and effort in the posting of this subject.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

new topics

top topics

join