It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The World Ends On December 21st, 2018972378356871248145782367"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"Higgs Boson Particle May Spell Doom For the Universe"

BOSTON — A subatomic particle discovered last year that may be the long-sought Higgs boson might doom our universe to an unfortunate end, researchers say.

Source

A calculation that was made tells us that many tens of billions of years from now the Universe will be no more. Although they are still not 100% sure that what they are looking at is the Higgs Boson, they are pretty confident in it.

If I could, I would love to see the calculation they made because it just boggles my mind that the data they are getting are telling them so much.

I don't know why, but me personally, I don't think this is the particle. I feel like there is something more. I don't think finding the secrets to the Universe should be easy.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

"The World Ends On December 21st, 2018972378356871248145782367"

Wrong.. because the universe will end in five billion years

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

That's incalculable and unacceptable.
I'm not gonna wait that long.

edit on 20-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

These are just theories based on other theories based on other theories etc. Theory of everything is changing every few decades so in 100 years it will be something else. We know nothing about the universe and those theories are based on observations. It's like developing a theory of Earth based on a grain of sand on the beach

And time - time is relative and is a thing of ones perception ... even our Solar system moves differently through time than it's surrounding (since faster speed means slower time). If you look at the universe on the large scale it seems that it could be just a bunch of chaotically placed time vortexes, loops, holes and everything you could imagine. In that case time and the end of the universe are meaningless

The point is: we know nothing!
edit on 20-2-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

That would be the ending of the SUN, not the UNIVERSE.
Uni will still be here long after our sun has bloated and died.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ironically enough, that's the same date that they promised to be at my house to install the cable.

Between 8:00 and noon.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sod that!
There's no way I'm sitting here that long waiting for something that may never happen.
I'm going to the pub to wait!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
no it ended were just in an afterlife based on our perceptions

top topics

join